Avodart vs Propecia / Cipla vs Dr. Reddy\'s

Hi, I have just had a hair transplant and I have decided to begin to take Avodart or Propecia to stop losing more hair. I do not really know which one gives better results; Avodart or Propecia and besides as it is easier to get generics without prescription and prices are much lower, I’d like to take their equivalent generic but I have read much about two main manufacturers and I don’t know which one works better: Cipla and Dr.Reddy’s. Could you give your opinion according to your own experience?

» Hi, I have just had a hair transplant and I have decided to begin to take
» Avodart or Propecia to stop losing more hair. I do not really know which
» one gives better results; Avodart or Propecia and besides as it is easier
» to get generics without prescription and prices are much lower, I’d like to
» take their equivalent generic but I have read much about two main
» manufacturers and I don’t know which one works better: Cipla and
» Dr.Reddy’s. Could you give your opinion according to your own experience?

I did propecia for 5 years. Now, I switched to Avodart cause I want something stronger. Actually, I just take both. I buy them from Dr. Reddy’s. Lot’s of people will warn you about the terrible side effects of Avodart. I’ve never had a side effect. Sometimes, I wish I would so I knew it was working.

Both are good

» Hi, I have just had a hair transplant and I have decided to begin to take
» Avodart or Propecia to stop losing more hair. I do not really know which
» one gives better results; Avodart or Propecia and besides as it is easier
» to get generics without prescription and prices are much lower, I’d like to
» take their equivalent generic but I have read much about two main
» manufacturers and I don’t know which one works better: Cipla and
» Dr.Reddy’s. Could you give your opinion according to your own experience?

Oh, definitely get Dr. Reddy’s avodart. I got some other generic avodart and it was sugar pills. However, the cipla propecia is fine. I’d got with dut. Or even both

I can recommend a reputable pharmacy (Propecia) - http://healthcareshop247.com I received the order and it was on time and the pills work great.

I take the real deal - real Avodart, not knock offs

Go to medicalwellnesscenter dot com and fill out their consultation form for Avodart. They will send a prescription to a pharmacist and you contact that pharmacist to pay for the meds and shipping to your home.

Easy, convenient and you can be sure you’re not taking sugar pills.

» » Hi, I have just had a hair transplant and I have decided to begin to
» take
» » Avodart or Propecia to stop losing more hair. I do not really know which
» » one gives better results; Avodart or Propecia and besides as it is
» easier
» » to get generics without prescription and prices are much lower, I’d like
» to
» » take their equivalent generic but I have read much about two main
» » manufacturers and I don’t know which one works better: Cipla and
» » Dr.Reddy’s. Could you give your opinion according to your own
» experience?
»
» I did propecia for 5 years. Now, I switched to Avodart cause I want
» something stronger. Actually, I just take both. I buy them from Dr.
» Reddy’s. Lot’s of people will warn you about the terrible side effects of
» Avodart. I’ve never had a side effect. Sometimes, I wish I would so I knew
» it was working.

WOW, can’t believe I wrote the 4 years ago. I take that back 12 times over. Stay the hell away from pharmaceuticals.

» » Hi, I have just had a hair transplant and I have decided to begin to
» take
» » Avodart or Propecia to stop losing more hair. I do not really know which
» » one gives better results; Avodart or Propecia and besides as it is
» easier
» » to get generics without prescription and prices are much lower, I’d like
» to
» » take their equivalent generic but I have read much about two main
» » manufacturers and I don’t know which one works better: Cipla and
» » Dr.Reddy’s. Could you give your opinion according to your own
» experience?
»
» Oh, definitely get Dr. Reddy’s avodart. I got some other generic avodart
» and it was sugar pills. However, the cipla propecia is fine. I’d got with
» dut. Or even both

Yuck, to think I wrote that. Straight up embarrassing. I take it all back. Go for natural treatments. So much more effective in my experience. Cheaper, safer, hmmmm, what’s the downside??? Oh yeah, NONE!!

» Yuck, to think I wrote that. Straight up embarrassing. I take it all back.
» Go for natural treatments. So much more effective in my experience.
» Cheaper, safer, hmmmm, what’s the downside??? Oh yeah, NONE!!

I’ve never seen any so called natural treatment work.

People have only a small amount of time in which to save their hair before DHT decimates their follicles.

Once its gone, its gone. The more time you waste on bogus natural treatment, the more your hair falls out and the less you have to save. Even if you decide to switch back to finasteride/avodart at a later stage, you won’t get back the hair you lost.

» » Yuck, to think I wrote that. Straight up embarrassing. I take it all
» back.
» » Go for natural treatments. So much more effective in my experience.
» » Cheaper, safer, hmmmm, what’s the downside??? Oh yeah, NONE!!
»
» I’ve never seen any so called natural treatment work.
»
» People have only a small amount of time in which to save their hair before
» DHT decimates their follicles.
»
» Once its gone, its gone. The more time you waste on bogus natural
» treatment, the more your hair falls out and the less you have to save.
» Even if you decide to switch back to finasteride/avodart at a later stage,
» you won’t get back the hair you lost.

I should clarify, I was on Propeica for 6 years! Always shedding, always thinning. I’ve been natural for 2 years now. Same amount of hair as when I started. If I rub my scalp over a sink, can never get more than a few to shed, vs. seemingly unending while on Propeicia.

It’s not purely about blocking DHT. If blocking DHT was the way to stop hair loss, wouldn’t Propecia work over the entire head, and not just crown? I mean why would DHT only attack crown hairs?

Instead focus on reducing inflammation, good circulation, and giving your body the nutrients it (and its hair needs), then you might have a chance, worked for me.

I always respect peoples’ choice to do what they want. So if you truly believe pharmaceuticals are the way to go, go for it. Just remember, the medical industry makes money off pharmaceuticals. If it were revealed that naturals worked just as well, or even better, they would lose a whole lot of money. A WHOLE LOT LOT LOT LOT LOT LOT LOT (billions) of dollars. You really think they will remain objective when they recommend our treatment options? ps, I work in the medical industry. I see what goes on behind closed doors.

» It’s not purely about blocking DHT. If blocking DHT was the way to stop
» hair loss, wouldn’t Propecia work over the entire head, and not just crown?
» I mean why would DHT only attack crown hairs?

The hair on your crown are more supseptible to DHT. Why do you think “nutrients” on the top of your head are lacking but not in the horse shoe area or your beard?

As for DHT being a major cause of hair loss, this has been proven and its not just a theory. Monozygotic twins (twins from the same zygote having the same DNA), one of which is a eunarc and the other of which is normal have completely different hair loss patterns. The eunarch suffers no hair loss, the normal one does. Here is another example of a monozygotic twin pair - one on dutasteride, the other not :

http://www.twinshairloss.com/images/twin-brothers-hair-loss.jpg

http://www.twinshairloss.com/images/gallery/twins-hair-loss-comparison-photo-2.jpg

Double blind studies with DHT blockers based on hair count also show a marked decrease in hair loss. Again this is not theory but fact.

Finally, DHT isn’t the only thing that causes hair loss. The androgen from which it is derived namely testosterone also has also has a role to play. The binding affinity of testosterone is 3X less than that of DHT which is why anti-DHT drugs slow down the rate of hair loss but don’t necessarily stop it.

» So if you truly
» believe pharmaceuticals are the way to go, go for it. Just remember, the
» medical industry makes money off pharmaceuticals.

I’ve heard that so many times, its lost all meaning. Every guy pushing natural snake oil cures cites that as if it somehow legitimizes the sale of bogus treatments. Do you know what the major cost of drug development for these pharma companies is? Its having to PROVE their stuff works - something that’s never an isssue when pushing natural stuff. So excuse them for having to make a profit on their enormous investment in medicine. Its not quite as cheap and making up claims and testimonies.

» ps, I work in the medical industry.

As what?

Anyway if you are happy with your choice, I have no intension of changing your mind. But don’t be spreading false info to people suffering hair loss. I was misled for a long time with this natural stuff when I first started losing my hair. It was a couple of years before I clued into the fact that all the info I was presented with was coming from ill informed and uneducated people. I lost a lot of hair during that time I won’t ever be getting back and I’m bitter about that.

I said it’s not PURELY about blocking dht. Meaning dht could be responsible for some part of hair loss. But if you focus only on blocking dht, you will not have success (ok, maybe for like 5 years, but once propeicia has been around long enough, you show me a man in his 60s who started in his 20s, and looks any better off for it). Why would crown hairs be more sensitive than others to dht? That doesn’t make any logical sense. Sounds like code for, we have no idea what causes hair loss, but this makes it sound like we do.

Secondly, when you don’t go around spreading false information. I’m flat out telling you from my personal experience. I’ll spell it out: I was on propeicia for 6 years, hair loss increasing. Went natural almost 2 years ago. Hair is better than it was 2 years ago. False information? I spread this information to help people who make the same mistake I did of trusting pharmaceuticals. The people who push those are the ones spreading false information. This information is as real as I could possibly imagine.

Everybody thinks that the medical doctor, aka, drug doctor is the ultimate authority, and any other approach is “alternative.” By the way, who coined the phrases medical doctor? It’s self-appointed. The medical doctors called themselves medical doctors. And alternative, also coined by the MDs. And look through the New England Journal of Medicine. A supposedly objective publication valued highly by conventional medicine. What do you see on every other page. Advertisements for pharmaceuticals. You think they could speak out against something they are that much in bed with? Don’t get me wrong, they certainly swing around every weekend with politicians in an effort to continue making the prices of developing drugs way more expensive than in needs to be. But regardless, there is a certainly loyalty between conventional medicine and drugs.

My jobs which have pushed me away from conventional medicine include: EMT, nursing home aide, emergency room technician. Oh, I’m also currently in medical school. Been around the block a bit.

» Why would crown hairs be more sensitive than others to dht?

It can be clearly demonstrated both in vitro and in vivo that androgens cause male pattern hair loss.

Just making up stuff out of whole cloth is spreading misinformation. What so called nutrient are you talking about anyway? Can you identify it. Where is the proof that balding hair is deficient in such a nutrient and why don’t children experience Male Pattern Hairloss due to this nutrient deficiency?

I’ve been around long enough to know testimonial evidence are all worthless. Every guy is deluding himself into thinking he’s growing more hair on some herb.

Longest Recorded Study of Finasteride Confirms Its Efficacy

Finasteride is an oral medication taken to treat androgenic alopecia, the most common form of hair loss. Until recently, no study longer than 5 years has confirmed the efficacy and safety of Finasteride (commercially known as Propecia). The results of a 10-year study have now been released and confirming the prolonged usefulness of Finasteride.

Rossi et al, in a study published in Dermatologic Therapy, reviewed 1mg of daily Finasteride use in 118 men between 20 and 61 years old. They used pictures and statistical analysis, as well as patient reports, to judge the effectiveness and side effects of the treatment over 10 years.

Important observations from the study include:

• The effectiveness of Finasteride is not reduced over time

• The daily intake of 1mg of Finasteride “produced significant and durable increases in hair growth in men with AGA”

• Subjects over 30-years of age showed better hair growth in the long-term than younger subjects

• Over 10 years, 14% of patients had decreased rates of hair growth, while 86% had increased or stable rates of hair growth

• 5.9% of patients reported side effects; many of these patients still continued taking Finasteride because of its benefits
    The researchers conclude their study as follows:

“[F]inasteride is a safe and effective treatment for controlling male pattern baldness with long-term daily use even in men over the age of 40 years. The satisfactory clinical results, the few side effects observed, and the lack of alternative medications, led us to consider finasteride an effective treatment especially if taken in the early stages of AGA.”

» It’s not purely about blocking DHT. If blocking DHT was the way to stop
» hair loss, wouldn’t Propecia work over the entire head, and not just crown?
» I mean why would DHT only attack crown hairs?

It depends on exactly what you mean by “the entire head”. Beards and mustaches are “on the entire head”, but aren’t sensitive to androgens like scalp hair is. In fact, it’s quite the opposite of that: DHT (and other androgens) actually stimulate the growth of beards and mustaches, rather than suppress their growth, like they do to scalp hair. If you’re in medical school, I’m surprised you haven’t yet learned about this!!

» » It’s not purely about blocking DHT. If blocking DHT was the way to stop
» » hair loss, wouldn’t Propecia work over the entire head, and not just
» crown?
» » I mean why would DHT only attack crown hairs?
»
» It depends on exactly what you mean by “the entire head”. Beards and
» mustaches are “on the entire head”, but aren’t sensitive to androgens like
» scalp hair is. In fact, it’s quite the opposite of that: DHT (and other
» androgens) actually stimulate the growth of beards and mustaches,
» rather than suppress their growth, like they do to scalp hair. If
» you’re in medical school, I’m surprised you haven’t yet learned about
» this!!

Fair enough. I’ll rephrase that. By entire head, I actually meant scalp. Or more specifically, hairs that do not become terminal as a result of rising testosterone levels of puberty (beard).

Also, to avoid somebody pointing out that eyebrows do not grow as a result of puberty, we must classify eyebrows as a different type of hair, as they have a very short growth/resting cycle (for most people), copared to hair which can grow for years (and become feet long which eyebrows do not).

» Everybody thinks that the medical doctor, aka, drug doctor is the ultimate
» authority, and any other approach is “alternative.” By the way, who coined
» the phrases medical doctor? It’s self-appointed. The medical doctors called
» themselves medical doctors. And alternative, also coined by the MDs. And
» look through the New England Journal of Medicine. A supposedly objective
» publication valued highly by conventional medicine. What do you see on
» every other page. Advertisements for pharmaceuticals. You think they could
» speak out against something they are that much in bed with? Don’t get me
» wrong, they certainly swing around every weekend with politicians in an
» effort to continue making the prices of developing drugs way more expensive
» than in needs to be. But regardless, there is a certainly loyalty between
» conventional medicine and drugs.

I hope I’m not butting in here.

Natural remedies are awesome. I don’t think medical doctors should be considered omniscient in their field. There’s one thing that natural solutions are gonna need, though:

Clinical, peer-reviewed research that shows their effectiveness.