Avodart Success or Failure?

How many people have had success with Avodart? How many have not had success?

I’ve been on the brand name for a month and I’m just shedding constantly. Like 100 to 150 hairs a day.

This is a very powerful drug and I’m wondering if it hasn’t worked for anybody else out there.

I’m also using Nizoral 2% every other day, Minox/Rogaine foam twice a day, and Spiro Cream 2-3 times a week.

I badly want to see success but putting up with all of these treatments and just shedding like a bitch is not helping my motivation or my nerves.

Well, you have only been on for a month, so it is way way to early to tell anything. You have to be ready to give the drug a full year for it to work if you are going to see any positive results from it.

Alot of people get on Avodart, start it, go thru a magor shed and then stop because of the shed leaving them much much worse off. You can’t go into it with that mind set.

You either have to give it a 100% try for a full year despite any shedding you see, or stop it now. Most do recover from the shed and end up better off, atleast in the crown.

From clients I speak with my feeling on avodart is that it will really fill in your crown but will kill your hairline. I will not use it myself.

» Well, you have only been on for a month, so it is way way to early to tell
» anything. You have to be ready to give the drug a full year for it to work
» if you are going to see any positive results from it.
»
» Alot of people get on Avodart, start it, go thru a magor shed and then
» stop because of the shed leaving them much much worse off. You can’t go
» into it with that mind set.

»
» You either have to give it a 100% try for a full year despite any shedding
» you see, or stop it now. Most do recover from the shed and end up better
» off, atleast in the crown.
»
» From clients I speak with my feeling on avodart is that it will really
» fill in your crown but will kill your hairline. I will not use it myself.

Yeah I know 1 month is way too early to tell. I’m just losing a ton of hair from all over my head. Why would you say it kills your hairline though? I read somewhere on this forum that isn’t true and is a bogus statement. Any thoughts?

Nothing scientific, just what I have noticed from being on the different forums for 5 years or so, and speaking with lots of people.

Avodart seems to do wonders for the crown, better then propecia could ever hope to do, but I do not hear the same positive things about avodart on the hairline. Quite the opposite actually.

Keep us updated with your progress. I encourage you to post some photos of your hair now so we can see how you progress on the meds.

» Nothing scientific, just what I have noticed from being on the different
» forums for 5 years or so, and speaking with lots of people.
»
» Avodart seems to do wonders for the crown, better then propecia could ever
» hope to do, but I do not hear the same positive things about avodart on the
» hairline. Quite the opposite actually.
»
» Keep us updated with your progress. I encourage you to post some photos of
» your hair now so we can see how you progress on the meds.

In your shoes, I’d stop while it’s still early in the game. Get on finasteride and take niz 2% and minox with it and you’ll see 10x better results.

Have been on genuine avodart for 9 months. The stuff is amazing. I was a nw6 and my crown has filled in completely. My hairline however, took a hit. Not sure why and many readers on this site will say that avodart is not to blame for the disappearing hairline. But it has receded a lot.I started using topical spiro and the hairline has remained the same. No more recession but has not grown back.

I am now taking avo twice a week, and everything is going well. I started a massive shed also in the beginning a freaked out also.

I can recommend a reputable pharmacy (Avodart) - http://ameritrustshield.com I received the order and it was on time and the pills work great.