Article - "Researchers Develop First Successful Hair Cloning Technique"

I completely agree with you Cal, We just need someone trustworthy to try it.

» I completely agree with you Cal, We just need someone trustworthy to try
» it.

I remember Cal has been saying this over and over again for a couple of years now…I just can’t believe no one has tried this. I am convinced that HT doctors would not want this to work out. We have to get a dermatologist to try this. HT doctors would love for it to work on scars and maybe improving FUE. But what Cal is suggesting would really hurt their business…but it wouldn’t hurt the business of a dermatologist one bit.

Honestly it’s not so much that I think it would work, but rather I think we’re crazy not to have covered this base already.

If something like this does work then I’d put better odds on it working with a bloody deep dermaroller wound, though. That would be medically no different than a HT recipient wound before the new graft has been put into it.

» Honestly it’s not so much that I think it would work, but rather I think
» we’re crazy not to have covered this base already.
»
»
»
» If something like this does work then I’d put better odds on it working
» with a bloody deep dermaroller wound, though. That would be medically no
» different than a HT recipient wound before the new graft has been put into
» it.

ill try it but like it was already mentioned dont you need the powder form? if anyone can help me locate it ill do it and i promise you can trust me. what makes u say that u dont really think it will work cal? the fact that these guys at acell just seem shady and its gut feeling you cant quite explain? i kinda get that from them too. cuz i can obviously find it on the internet but not in the powder form.

» Honestly it’s not so much that I think it would work, but rather I think
» we’re crazy not to have covered this base already.
»
»
»
» If something like this does work then I’d put better odds on it working
» with a bloody deep dermaroller wound, though. That would be medically no
» different than a HT recipient wound before the new graft has been put into
» it.

I completely agree. Either this regenerates tissue with follicles or it doesn’t, and if tissue is regenerated completely then it should do this at any part of the scalp. Virgo or anyone for that matter, if you’re up for giving this a try, this is what I suggest you do. Speak to a private dermatologist, explain to him that you would like to try this under his supervision and get him to order some, simple! I’m sure alot of people would be so grateful!

Either that, or someone contact acell directly and explain to them our concerns, ask them if there is any way their doctors could do something similar.

How the hell has this been out for so long and we still don’t know. it’s so frustrating.

» » Honestly it’s not so much that I think it would work, but rather I think
» » we’re crazy not to have covered this base already.
» »
» »
» »
» » If something like this does work then I’d put better odds on it working
» » with a bloody deep dermaroller wound, though. That would be medically
» no
» » different than a HT recipient wound before the new graft has been put
» into
» » it.
»
»
» I completely agree. Either this regenerates tissue with follicles or it
» doesn’t, and if tissue is regenerated completely then it should do this at
» any part of the scalp. Virgo or anyone for that matter, if you’re up for
» giving this a try, this is what I suggest you do. Speak to a private
» dermatologist, explain to him that you would like to try this under his
» supervision and get him to order some, simple! I’m sure alot of people
» would be so grateful!
»
» Either that, or someone contact acell directly and explain to them our
» concerns, ask them if there is any way their doctors could do something
» similar.
»
» How the hell has this been out for so long and we still don’t know. it’s
» so frustrating.

that seems impractical I do not believe any dermatologist would willing allow one of his patients to do a experiment without already knowing the outcome. I think that asking one about that is quiet frankly a waste of time. sorry but it’s my opinion. yup I’ve been searching every where i can on the net and i cant find it anywhere. it is really peculiar how they claim it only works in the donor area too. whats bizarre is if it works in one area why not the rest? something fishy about that. i also thought about calling the company directly not only to ask questions like u guys said but to buy some of the powder. that is retarded though and even more impractical than going to a dermatologist i bet.

» » Honestly it’s not so much that I think it would work, but rather I think
» » we’re crazy not to have covered this base already.
» »
» »
» »
» » If something like this does work then I’d put better odds on it working
» » with a bloody deep dermaroller wound, though. That would be medically
» no
» » different than a HT recipient wound before the new graft has been put
» into
» » it.
»
»
» I completely agree. Either this regenerates tissue with follicles or it
» doesn’t, and if tissue is regenerated completely then it should do this at any part of the scalp. Virgo or anyone for that matter, if you’re up for
» giving this a try
, this is what I suggest you do. Speak to a private
» dermatologist, explain to him that you would like to try this under his
» supervision and get him to order some, simple! I’m sure alot of people
» would be so grateful!
»
» Either that, or someone contact acell directly and explain to them our
» concerns, ask them if there is any way their doctors could do something
» similar.
»
» How the hell has this been out for so long and we still don’t know. it’s
» so frustrating.

@Johnny84 - Look at the colored text above. YES, that could/would be 1 option - definitely. That is called “cultivated in vivo”.

And now think about THE COMPLETELY SAME thing “cultivated in vitro”. That is an option some companies already working on it for some years.

Option 2 means, you will get every hair structure, DNA, color etc - whatever a patient wish to choose. And don’t forget - WITHOUT a big (and ugly) scar/wound for some time!

Anyway, option 1 would/could be an option too, sure.

BTW #1 - Of course in BOTH cases follicles MUST transplanted (after successful culturing) in the bald recipient area - no other way.

BTW #2 - The process for option 2 would be as follows:

I went to them [clinic/docs] and they take a sample of my hair from the back [donor] and multiply up to 70,000 hairs in a lab [clinic/docs choose] and transplant as much I need back into my head and it will stay for ever.

BTW #3

By fckhrls:
Exactly - you’re right to be skeptical. Until these guys publish a paper (its odd that they’d announce a “breakthrough” without providing peer-reviewable material), I wouldn’t get your hopes up.

@fckhris – You wish to read some reviewed material in all this context?
Reviewed papers

I wonder if Dr. Jones would be willing to try this again, given this new information. Isn’t he doing PRP now? I wonder if you used this with PRP if that would be close enough to dermabrasion (or maybe it would be too much). He picked such a poor candidate for his first trial, I wonder if he would be willing to try again on a normal hair loss sufferer.

» I wonder if Dr. Jones would be willing to try this again, given this new
» information. Isn’t he doing PRP now? I wonder if you used this with PRP
» if that would be close enough to dermabrasion (or maybe it would be too
» much). He picked such a poor candidate for his first trial, I wonder if he
» would be willing to try again on a normal hair loss sufferer.

@AJ - You (and some others) are doing TOO MUCH wondering. Too much focussing on things which are completely irrelevant.

E.g. Dr. Jones - as far as I know - Jones himself didn’t (couldn’t) know that he has just been a guineapig. At least, he has just been the instrument. The real interest during this experiment has been just to prove wound healing - not hair growth. And BTW - it has been an very successful experiment in this point!

BTW - Dr Jones vs Dr Bernstein in regard PRP:
It seems Dr Jones had no luck with PRP so far, Dr Bernstein maybe a little bit more.
But all I can feel is that guys like e.g. Dr Bernstein just have FEAR

Are you even allowed as a hair transplant doc to experiment with something like Acell for hair growth?

Because basically you’d be using your clients as guinea pigs doing different things to them trying to get hair growth … and that may draw the attention of the FDA (ditto for Acell doing it themselves).

I guess maybe they’re getting away with it by saying it’s for scar reduction.

» Are you even allowed as a hair transplant doc to experiment with something
like Acell for hair growth?

»
» Because basically you’d be using your clients as guinea pigs doing
» different things to them trying to get hair growth … and that may draw
» the attention of the FDA (ditto for Acell doing it themselves).
»
» I guess maybe they’re getting away with it by saying it’s for scar
» reduction.

Docs, surgeons etc experiment with patients ALL DAY LONG!

And thereby they are allowed to use every tested/proven medicine. And if there ist a less invasive medicine/method/technique on the market, normally the have to use them.

» » I wonder if Dr. Jones would be willing to try this again, given this new
» » information. Isn’t he doing PRP now? I wonder if you used this with
» PRP
» » if that would be close enough to dermabrasion (or maybe it would be too
» » much). He picked such a poor candidate for his first trial, I wonder if
» he
» » would be willing to try again on a normal hair loss sufferer.
»
» @AJ - You (and some others) are doing TOO MUCH wondering. Too much
» focussing on things which are completely irrelevant.
»
» E.g. Dr. Jones - as far as I know - Jones himself didn’t (couldn’t) know
» that he has just been a guineapig. At least, he has just been the
» instrument. The real interest during this experiment has been just to prove
» wound healing - not hair growth. And BTW - it has been an very successful
» experiment in this point!
»
» BTW - Dr Jones vs Dr Bernstein in regard PRP:
» It seems Dr Jones had no luck with PRP so far, Dr Bernstein maybe a little
» bit more.
» But all I can feel is that guys like e.g. Dr Bernstein just have
» FEAR

Ahhh, yes. Let’s all stop wondering. Asking questions about whether something could be used for hair growth on a hair growth site really is irrelevant. Thanks for clearing that up.

» » Are you even allowed as a hair transplant doc to experiment with
» something
» like Acell for hair growth?

» »
» » Because basically you’d be using your clients as guinea pigs doing
» » different things to them trying to get hair growth … and that may
» draw
» » the attention of the FDA (ditto for Acell doing it themselves).
» »
» » I guess maybe they’re getting away with it by saying it’s for scar
» » reduction.
»
» Docs, surgeons etc experiment with patients ALL DAY LONG!
»
» And thereby they are allowed to use every tested/proven medicine. And if
» there ist a less invasive medicine/method/technique on the market, normally
» the have to use them.

I’m just saying publicly they may not be allowed to say they’re doing experiments for the express purpose of hair growth because it may step on the FDA’s toes. They may be able to say they use it for scar reduction though.

I found the interview very exciting and positive. Sometimes I wonder how there can be so many interpretations of the same information. If this information is true, and the results are cosmetically significant and natural looking, then we all have a lot to be excited about. I would sure like to see some of the results they have been having to date. One or two extra hairs being randomly grown might be medically significant, but not a result most of us hope for.

I have scars on my scalp from old transplants that are too low, and too wide, to even attempt revision. If this treatment works well I would love to try it. Might be the answere I have hoped for for the past twenty years.

For a declaration of such ramifications, I think the pictures presented (to back up the claim) in the HT section are woefully inadequate. Hairsite, can you please contact the doctors for better, more precise pictures backing up their claims.

Regards,
Dr. A