Armani comment

I came upon a guy who was complaining that Cole “didn’t want” to move his hairline as low as he (the patient) wanted. So the guy went to Armani.

This guy was 29, and a good NW3, maybe 3.5. He wanted a strong NW2. I tell ya’, it upped my respect for Cole. The guy even had Armani move THE SIDES forward (a good inch or close to it) as his sides had definitely receeded.

I think its best to proceed with transplants with respect to just maybe there WILL be future loss and without any illusions of having Brad Pitt-type hair. Im not going back there and dragging up the pics, but the hairline the guy wanted (and got) was very aggressive for someone who had receeded so much to still be in his twenties. He’s beggin for heartache 15 years down the line. If a HT surgeon tells a guy “no”, he’s probably doing you a favor. Just my opinion.

or perhaps maybe hes just not as artistic as armani is and could not do it and make it look as good…

idk armani is amazing at what he does. im sure the patient was well aware of the risks.

As a hair loss sufferer,I can tell you that most of us couldn’t give a stuff about 15 years down the track.We are only concerned about having hair ASAP.
Unfortunately that attitude often results in disaster.

Yeah, I agree with Coles approch ovber Armani’s in general…

focusing on 100% natural cosmetic improvement over a wall of hair is BY FAR the safest and most ethical way to go about being an HT doctor. With to many unknows with hairloss it is best to use the Cole approach IMO for the time being…

It is hard though cause hairloss can get you delusional, thinking tomarrow does not matte, or you got things under control, or something better will be here before you have to worry about being a NW 6 with all your donor used up on the front third of your head…

What Cole is great at ia getting a very natural look with minimal use of grafts, it may not give a full head of hair with extreme dence look, but it does offer a undetectable major cosmetic improvement with a nice safty net for the future…

it is up to each individual I guess, I think with HT you need to move very slow and very steady…personally

» I came upon a guy who was complaining that Cole “didn’t want” to move his
» hairline as low as he (the patient) wanted. So the guy went to Armani.
»
»
» This guy was 29, and a good NW3, maybe 3.5. He wanted a strong NW2. I tell
» ya’, it upped my respect for Cole. The guy even had Armani move THE SIDES
» forward (a good inch or close to it) as his sides had definitely receeded.
»
»
» I think its best to proceed with transplants with respect to just maybe
» there WILL be future loss and without any illusions of having Brad
» Pitt-type hair. Im not going back there and dragging up the pics, but the
» hairline the guy wanted (and got) was very aggressive for someone who had
» receeded so much to still be in his twenties. He’s beggin for heartache 15
» years down the line. If a HT surgeon tells a guy “no”, he’s probably doing
» you a favor. Just my opinion.

I saw firsthand an Armani patient who went to Dr. Cole’s for repair. The dense low hairline looked great… for a while. As the years progressed, this young patient continued to lose hair, and was left with a dense unnatural looking band of hair in the frontal area. Fortunately, this patient had enough donor that Dr. Cole was able to blend this area back in to his existing hair.

I think you’re talking about me, Benji, so I’m going to have to reply.

First of all I was a Norwood 4 pre-surgery and would be a Norwood 5 today if I had no surgery. Yes, I had my hairline dense-packed w/ proper temple closure but I have also received 3,400 grafts in my frontal & mid zones and even a little in my crown.

Jackson wrote: ‘What Cole is great at ia getting a very natural look with minimal use of grafts, it may not give a full head of hair with extreme dence look, but it does offer a undetectable major cosmetic improvement with a nice safty net for the future…’

I ask the both of you: Have you ever had transplants? Do you know what it looks like to have hair transplant hair growing on your head? Have you ever seen one of these ‘natural’ low-density & high hairlines in the flesh and not only in photographs? Well, I have. In fact, I had one growing on me for a couple of years. Let me tell you why a low density high hairline is NOT the way to go:

Hair transplant hairs/Donor hairs are healthy, thick, robust & glistening. When you have a hairline of 5 grafts per/sq/cm followed by 30-40 grafts per/sq/cm of these thick glistening hairs, placed high nonetheless it actually looks far from natural. Actually it is quite artificial and and draws attention to itself.

Jackson, Armani does not give ‘extreme dence look’ as you wrote. He gives you just enough so that you don’t look like your thinning. Men with no hairloss have much greater density than an Armani patient. It is dense enough to make the patient happy and not look balding.

My hairline is far from a Brad Pitt hairline. It is actually quite mature and I would need to go 3,000 grafts lower to get a Brad Pitt hairline. Of course, I’m not interested. I still have thousands of grafts left for the crown which will be taken care of next year; this would be my final session.

Essentially every patient is unique and you guys should quit your ignorant generalizations you shoot out to cheerlead a doc or pat yourself on the back…whatever.

Once again, if you’ve never had a hair transplant you should talk less because you really have no clue. Pictures are quite deceiving.

gac

p.s. blahblah, you are 100% correct.

Yup Gac, Ive had a transplant. Over a decade ago.

Have been on finasteride, and watched my hairline slowly receed through my temples, leaving the few plugs I had all by thier lonesome.

I know EXACTLY what Im talking about. Ive seen MANY transplants in person and work with no less than 10 men at the corporation I work for who have had work (I can tell, its not something we talk about). Ive seen the guys as the years go by and the natural thinning begins and how the large donor hairs begin to look stranger and stranger as the hairs on the sides begin to have less diameter and grey as that old hairline stays right there (while the sides receed somewhat) and the bald spot in the back starts to “happen” and they get that “stuck on” (the Fittest’s description, not mine) HT-look starts to take hold.

F-A-D-I-N-G, slightly-recessed temples, a tad HIGH GAC is what will look BEST as the years go by. Im alot older than you. I know what that rather low line will look like in 20 years. Very few men have even “medium” hairlines as the years pass, they tend to get “highish”.

Armani was willing to give you what you want in the now, and thats great. But it may not have been what you will want 25 years from now. Baldness tends to march on, whether we like it or not. You were still in your twenties, and a NW3+…which generally means you were headed down the road a good deal further in your thirties, forties, fifties, and sixties.

But its YOUR head. And I glad you like what youve got.

Post scriptum…I wouldn’t count too much on being able to use body hair if youve not had a “test patch” done and seen that YOUR body hair will grow for you. Some guys have success with body hair, but some guys plant a bunch up there and dont. You can ask hairtech about that.

» Yup Gac, Ive had a transplant. Over a decade ago.
»
»
» Have been on finasteride, and watched my hairline slowly receed through my
» temples, leaving the few plugs I had all by thier lonesome.
»
»
»
» I know EXACTLY what Im talking about. Ive seen MANY transplants in person
» and work with no less than 10 men at the corporation I work for who have
» had work (I can tell, its not something we talk about). Ive seen the guys
» as the years go by and the natural thinning begins and how the large donor
» hairs begin to look stranger and stranger as the hairs on the sides begin
» to have less diameter and grey as that old hairline stays right there
» (while the sides receed somewhat) and the bald spot in the back starts to
» “happen” and they get that “stuck on” (the Fittest’s description, not
» mine) HT-look starts to take hold.
»
»
» F-A-D-I-N-G, slightly-recessed temples, a tad HIGH GAC is what will look
» BEST as the years go by. Im alot older than you. I know what that rather
» low line will look like in 20 years. Very few men have even “medium”
» hairlines as the years pass, they tend to get “highish”.
»
»
» Armani was willing to give you what you want in the now, and thats great.
» But it may not have been what you will want 25 years from now. Baldness
» tends to march on, whether we like it or not. You were still in your
» twenties, and a NW3+…which generally means you were headed
» down the road a good deal further in your thirties, forties, fifties, and
» sixties.
»
»
» But its YOUR head. And I glad you like what youve got.
»
»
»
» Post scriptum…I wouldn’t count too much on being able
» to use body hair if youve not had a “test patch” done and seen that YOUR
» body hair will grow for you. Some guys have success with body hair, but
» some guys plant a bunch up there and dont. You can ask hairtech about
» that.

i’ve had grafts done all throughout my recipient area, and not just my hairline. You don’t give me any credit, assuming I’m a desperate teen. I’m 29 and have handled all this with deliberate thought & care. I will be going for about 3-4K more in my crown, and yes I have that amount available in my donor. I feel bad for guys like you who had surgery even 10 years ago when imo hair transplants were still pretty terrible. I bet all those guys you worked w. got a maximum of 1,000 grafts (probably micros/plugs).

First off, I think you misread my post,

second off, no I never had an HT, I want one bad but think I forsee how RISKY the surgery is more then alot of guys who dive in real quick to get hair…so I have been around the HT world awhile…I think like 17 years now…

third off, I do not cheerlead Dr’s, as I have consulted with a few and am “shopping” I get tempted alot by the low more dence hairline, BUT the more I pay attention the more I admire Cole’s approach…I think conservative is the best way to reduce any major disaster,

and last, of course HT denisty will not reach the unbalding density, HT is clearly a limited numbers game, so how could it ever,

» I think you’re talking about me, Benji, so I’m going to have to reply.
»
» First of all I was a Norwood 4 pre-surgery and would be a Norwood 5 today
» if I had no surgery. Yes, I had my hairline dense-packed w/ proper temple
» closure but I have also received 3,400 grafts in my frontal & mid zones
» and even a little in my crown.
»
» Jackson wrote: ‘What Cole is great at ia getting a very natural look with
» minimal use of grafts, it may not give a full head of hair with extreme
» dence look, but it does offer a undetectable major cosmetic improvement
» with a nice safty net for the future…’
»
» I ask the both of you: Have you ever had transplants? Do you know what it
» looks like to have hair transplant hair growing on your head? Have you
» ever seen one of these ‘natural’ low-density & high hairlines in the flesh
» and not only in photographs? Well, I have. In fact, I had one growing on me
» for a couple of years. Let me tell you why a low density high hairline is
» NOT the way to go:
»
» Hair transplant hairs/Donor hairs are healthy, thick, robust & glistening.
» When you have a hairline of 5 grafts per/sq/cm followed by 30-40 grafts
» per/sq/cm of these thick glistening hairs, placed high nonetheless it
» actually looks far from natural. Actually it is quite artificial and and
» draws attention to itself.
»
» Jackson, Armani does not give ‘extreme dence look’ as you wrote. He gives
» you just enough so that you don’t look like your thinning. Men with no
» hairloss have much greater density than an Armani patient. It is dense
» enough to make the patient happy and not look balding.
»
» My hairline is far from a Brad Pitt hairline. It is actually quite mature
» and I would need to go 3,000 grafts lower to get a Brad Pitt hairline. Of
» course, I’m not interested. I still have thousands of grafts left for the
» crown which will be taken care of next year; this would be my final
» session.
»
» Essentially every patient is unique and you guys should quit your ignorant
» generalizations you shoot out to cheerlead a doc or pat yourself on the
» back…whatever.
»
» Once again, if you’ve never had a hair transplant you should talk less
» because you really have no clue. Pictures are quite deceiving.
»
» gac
»
» p.s. blahblah, you are 100% correct.

I wish you the best of luck Gac.

You did get good FUE work done, I give you credit for that.

I think FUE is the way to go because if one really sees baldness “kick in” high, and they cant stop it, they can still pull off that Zinedene Zidane look and just have hair in front of a bald spot…with a donor scar this is impossible.

Im a cautious person (as years go on in a man’s life, we tend to get that way), and it shows.

Even though the line you chose is perhaps a bit straighter than the one I’d have opted for, that is merely a difference of surgical opinion. I hope you enjoy the work youve had and it works out well for you. Actually I hope Intercytex figures this thing out in the sooner rather than the later, and we can all have our 20 year old hair back in the next decade.

On the “food for thought” front though…look at this guy’s pics, Hair Transplant Patient Reviews
Click on the “life isn’t fair” pictures at the top of his pics and you will see what he looked like at 21. He had a full head of Elvis hair. He is completely bald on top at 37, and his sides are thin. You’d have never guessed he ever had good hair at all. Baldness is funny…it makes me conservative I guess. You can probably see why people like me are slow to pull the trigger.

» I wish you the best of luck Gac.
»
» You did get good FUE work done, I give you credit for that.
»
»
» I think FUE is the way to go because if one really sees baldness “kick in”
» high, and they cant stop it, they can still pull off that Zinedene Zidane
» look and just have hair in front of a bald spot…with a donor
» scar this is impossible.
»
»
» Im a cautious person (as years go on in a man’s life, we tend to get that
» way), and it shows.
»
»
» Even though the line you chose is perhaps a bit straighter than the one
» I’d have opted for, that is merely a difference of surgical opinion. I
» hope you enjoy the work youve had and it works out well for you. Actually
» I hope Intercytex figures this thing out in the sooner rather than the
» later, and we can all have our 20 year old hair back in the next decade.
»
»
»
» On the “food for thought” front though…look at this guy’s
» pics, Hair Transplant Patient Reviews
» Click on the “life isn’t fair” pictures at the top of his pics and you
» will see what he looked like at 21. He had a full head of Elvis hair. He
» is completely bald on top at 37, and his sides are thin. You’d have never
» guessed he ever had good hair at all. Baldness is funny…it
» makes me conservative I guess. You can probably see why people like me are
» slow to pull the trigger.

benji, i just get irritated when guys here critize armani unfairly. my hairline is not any lower or more closed than wassup. in fact i think his is easily less recessed than mine.

jackson, my point is that these low density hairlines really look like crap in person. if you have fine blonde donor hair it will look pretty good, but otherwise it looks fake because thick healthy hairs would not be growing naturally this way. When someone has a natural high, recessed hairline his hairs are miniaturizing and are thin. I remember dr. hasson once wrote that patients w/ dark hair and light skin will have an almost pluggy look even with follicular units unless dense packed.

You guys are both right…gac is right and benji is right.

But the truth is somewhere in the middle…If you have these characteristics(dark hair white skin)…most of us do…better dont have a transplant because a low density transplant will look pluggy and if you densepack then you use all your resources, or paint it blond :slight_smile:

» » I wish you the best of luck Gac.
» »
» » You did get good FUE work done, I give you credit for that.
» »
» »
» » I think FUE is the way to go because if one really sees baldness “kick
» in”
» » high, and they cant stop it, they can still pull off that Zinedene
» Zidane
» » look and just have hair in front of a bald spot…with a
» donor
» » scar this is impossible.
» »
» »
» » Im a cautious person (as years go on in a man’s life, we tend to get
» that
» » way), and it shows.
» »
» »
» » Even though the line you chose is perhaps a bit straighter than the one
» » I’d have opted for, that is merely a difference of surgical opinion. I
» » hope you enjoy the work youve had and it works out well for you.
» Actually
» » I hope Intercytex figures this thing out in the sooner rather than the
» » later, and we can all have our 20 year old hair back in the next
» decade.
» »
» »
» »
» » On the “food for thought” front though…look at this
» guy’s
» » pics, Hair Transplant Patient Reviews
» » Click on the “life isn’t fair” pictures at the top of his pics and you
» » will see what he looked like at 21. He had a full head of Elvis hair.
» He
» » is completely bald on top at 37, and his sides are thin. You’d have
» never
» » guessed he ever had good hair at all. Baldness is funny…it
» » makes me conservative I guess. You can probably see why people like me
» are
» » slow to pull the trigger.
»
»
» benji, i just get irritated when guys here critize armani unfairly. my
» hairline is not any lower or more closed than wassup. in fact i think his
» is easily less recessed than mine.
»
» jackson, my point is that these low density hairlines really look like
» crap in person. if you have fine blonde donor hair it will look pretty
» good, but otherwise it looks fake because thick healthy hairs would not be
» growing naturally this way. When someone has a natural high, recessed
» hairline his hairs are miniaturizing and are thin. I remember dr. hasson
» once wrote that patients w/ dark hair and light skin will have an almost
» pluggy look even with follicular units unless dense packed.

I have a dense low hairline from armani and i dont think it looks pluggy or unnatural and not one person has ever suspected anyting since i got it done.