Any suggestions for my next Folica experiment?

DRUG INTERACTIONS: No studies have been done to determine if tacrolimus ointment has important interactions with other drugs. Interactions are unlikely because only small amounts of tacrolimus are absorbed from the skin; however, it still is possible that important interactions might occur.

Hmmmn, small amounts but specific #'s aren’t given. They sell as an ointment and the price isn’t too bad. I wonder if the absorption is enough with this ointment? Maybe add a drop or 2 of dmso? I guess if you apply this around the same time as getfitinib and you have dmso as an ingredient in your egf-r delivery vehicle, then this should do. Please don’t take me too seriously, I’m just guessing at all this like many here. If someone knows better , please cut in and correct me. As you can tell, I think immuno’s are needed to make this work – my personal opinion only.

» DRUG INTERACTIONS: No studies have been done to determine if
» tacrolimus ointment has important interactions with other drugs.
» Interactions are unlikely because only small amounts of tacrolimus are
» absorbed from the skin; however, it still is possible that important
» interactions might occur.
»
»
» Hmmmn, small amounts but specific #'s aren’t given. They sell as an
» ointment and the price isn’t too bad. I wonder if the absorption is enough
» with this ointment? Maybe add a drop or 2 of dmso? I guess if you apply
» this around the same time as getfitinib and you have dmso as an ingredient
» in your egf-r delivery vehicle, then this should do. Please don’t take me
» too seriously, I’m just guessing at all this like many here. If someone
» knows better , please cut in and correct me. As you can tell, I think
» immuno’s are needed to make this work – my personal opinion only.

Well, the only thing I can think of is that if your skin is already dermabraded, that should help absorption- you know, raw skin.

This is the cheapest I found on the net – they are based in India

http://urantiapharma.com/search.php?search=protopic&lang=en&Submit=Find+Now

» This is the cheapest I found on the net – they are based in India
»
» http://urantiapharma.com/search.php?search=protopic&lang=en&Submit=Find+Now

Interesting. I think I’ll incorporate this into my next attempt. Seems relatively harmless.

» » This is the cheapest I found on the net – they are based in India
» »
» »
» http://urantiapharma.com/search.php?search=protopic&lang=en&Submit=Find+Now
»
» Interesting. I think I’ll incorporate this into my next attempt. Seems
» relatively harmless.

It is not harmeless – far from it. I’ve read about numerous cases of people developing cancer – some eventually died. These were people who applied the cream for over a year however. They did a study with eight monkeys and gave them a higher dosage of tacro and 7 out 8 got cancer. My suggestion is to apply no longer than 10 days and keep treated area out of the sun. I don’t think short term use will do you any harm but I don’t have any data on it.

» I just had a HUGE elaborate response to you all typed up, and the no-login
» thing on the site made me lose it when I tried to post it.
»
» I’ll re-post it a little later. That just worked up way too much
» frustration in me to re-type it all right now.

just remembered that you mentioned having some interesting comments here that got zapped… just didn’t want to miss out on anything…

Right now I’m deciding exactly what I want to do next.

Half the discussion this thread started has ended up being covered in the last week throughout several other threads, and I kind of ended up letting this thread drop.

My next attempt is looking like it will probably be immune suppression + EGF-R inhibition, and nothing else.

But unfortunately I don’t think I can do it all orally this time. Oral cyclo is a big ugly risk and I think I would rather give it a round of topical immune suppression before I take the oral risk.

I think topical immune suppression is what I’ll try. It’s an unknown variable, but at least we know the idea of topical immune suppression itself is a valid concept. (We have no such assurances about topical uses of EGF-R inhibition when it comes to existing drugs.)

I may still do the EGF-R inhibition orally though. Genfilitib is nasty, but I might go through with it if I feel like the window is short enough. 12-14 days (like some of the patents) won’t happen, but I might decide to withstand a few days of it if I feel like I’ve got the window nailed down that accurately.

The other thing that occurs to me is to go back to another round of oral Leflunomide instead of oral Genfilitib. It’s clumsier, but it’s so much more tolerable that I would really do it orally for as long (and with a high enough dosage) as it takes.

»
»
» My next attempt is looking like it will probably be immune suppression
» + EGF-R inhibition, and nothing else.

Good shoot.

» But unfortunately I don’t think I can do it all orally this time. Oral
» cyclo is a big ugly risk and I think I would rather give it a round of
» topical immune suppression before I take the oral risk.

Agree. Go with tacrolimus.

» I think topical immune suppression is what I’ll try. It’s an unknown
» variable, but at least we know the idea of topical immune suppression
» itself is a valid concept. (We have no such assurances about topical uses
» of EGF-R inhibition when it comes to existing drugs.)

i’m not an expert but someone could confirm oral drugs reach a good level of inhibition in skin ?
If answer is yes goto end.

But if no i’m thinking a case scenario where in order to form thick hair (or also only to form hair maybe!) the egfr-inhibition should be very very high
( relative to common oral dose ).In such case sure follica go with topical at high %.

So , if we have no assurance about topical uses, do we have instead a little assurance about oral therapy ?

Thinking about man who uses oral gefitinib the answer should be yes.

This anyway to appoint that could be not so clear in your hypotetical failed attempt that topical immune suppression is not valid.

»
» I may still do the EGF-R inhibition orally though. Genfilitib is nasty,
» but I might go through with it if I feel like the window is short enough.
» 12-14 days (like some of the patents) won’t happen, but I might decide to
» withstand a few days of it if I feel like I’ve got the window nailed down
» that accurately.
»
»
» The other thing that occurs to me is to go back to another round of
» oral Leflunomide instead of oral Genfilitib.
It’s clumsier, but it’s
» so much more tolerable that I would really do it orally for as long (and
» with a high enough dosage) as it takes.

I’m hoping the best for you/us.