Any sort of timeline with PRP?

I looked through the thread re: Dr Jones and his PRP experiment but didn’t find an answer. Has there been any mention of how long it takes for hair to grow once the procedure/experiment is done?

» I looked through the thread re: Dr Jones and his PRP experiment but didn’t
» find an answer. Has there been any mention of how long it takes for hair
» to grow once the procedure/experiment is done?

It peaks between months 4-8 and levels off and begins to wane around month 10 to 12. The current version of PRP will be much more advanced in the coming months and years. As doctors are able to remove certain growth factors that inhibit hair growth, while increasing the ones that stimulate hair growth. Stem cells will be involved as well.

This is from Dr Greco’s website. Have a look at Fig 7 for one of his patients results before,1 month,12 month pics:

http://www.grecohairrestoration.com/downloads/grantpaper.pdf

Here is a better pic of the same guy:

Dr Jones has just been down to see Dr Greco and is now performing PRP. Here is a video of Dr Jones himself having the proceure carried out:

http://www.hairsite.com/hair-loss-articles/400-platelet-rich-plasma-hair-growth.htm

Is that the alopecia areata patient? alopecia areata doesn’t count.

» Is that the alopecia areata patient? alopecia areata doesn’t count.

Yes, it is a subject with alopecia areata, not androgenic alopecia

sigh

I wish people (furum users as well as doctors) would stop posting misleading photos of alopecia areata which has nothing to do with MPB!

sorry guys, did not try and mislead you.

i disagree with Areata pics not counting. even though not for AGA they still show it DOES benefit hair in general.

Anyway, here is an 8 month before/after pic of a PRP Plus Androgenic Alopecia patient:

Case Study

Androgenic Alopecia (Male Pattern Hair Loss)

This 26 year old male was unable to take finasteride 1mg (Propecia), due to side effects, so he elected to have frontal hairline transplantation. His posterior crown was traumatized with a 1mm micro needling roller (Clinical Resolutions, Inc, Beverly Hills, CA) and platelet rich composition was injected throughout the area. No hair transplantation was done in the crown. Fig 1, below left, is the before photo of the posterior crown and Fig 2, below right, is the same patient eight months later.

This case demonstrated a reversal of non-transplanted hair miniaturization after eight months in the posterior crown and aesthetic thickening of his hair, without taking medicine or having surgery. It is “completely safe” because it is his own cells. Like Propecia, cellular therapy works best in younger patients just loosing their hair and results vary from patient to patient.

actually I thought alopecia areata is more difficult to treat, it’s almost like a death sentence for people with hair loss. I have seen people with AA and not responding to any meds at all.

» sorry guys, did not try and mislead you.
»
» i disagree with Areata pics not counting. even though not for AGA they
» still show it DOES benefit hair in general.
»
» Anyway, here is an 8 month before/after pic of a PRP Plus Androgenic
» Alopecia patient:
»
» Case Study
»
» Androgenic Alopecia (Male Pattern Hair Loss)
»
»
» This 26 year old male was unable to take finasteride 1mg (Propecia), due
» to side effects, so he elected to have frontal hairline transplantation.
» His posterior crown was traumatized with a 1mm micro needling roller
» (Clinical Resolutions, Inc, Beverly Hills, CA) and platelet rich
» composition was injected throughout the area. No hair transplantation was
» done in the crown. Fig 1, below left, is the before photo of the posterior
» crown and Fig 2, below right, is the same patient eight months later.
»
»
»
»
»
» This case demonstrated a reversal of non-transplanted hair miniaturization
» after eight months in the posterior crown and aesthetic thickening of his
» hair, without taking medicine or having surgery. It is “completely safe”
» because it is his own cells. Like Propecia, cellular therapy works best in
» younger patients just loosing their hair and results vary from patient to
» patient.
mmmm by this picture i can’t see nothing of well, just beacause the first is under strong flash light, and the second is without flash… people are not so stupid…
I’m confident about this new technique, but at the moment is only a theory. I hope the doctors will give us correct and proof images of the results! IF not… it’s another joke like ICX.

can you take two so different pictures by accident ? If not, why do they do it ?