Any Scalp Hair-Only Hairline Results from Dr. Umar?

I’m a lurker on this site, but I sometimes post on other hairloss forums. I’ve noticed that out of all the hairloss boards, Dr. Umar seems to participate and get the most publicity on this forum. So, it is only fitting that I make my request here. I would like to know if there are any scalp-hair-only dense packed hairline reconstruction results akin to Armani, Rahal, H&W, Feller from Dr. Umar besides the ones shown on his website which only number three. I know Hooray for Hair has posted his results so far, but he’s not fully grown out yet. But that’s only one more documented result. It just seems like most of Dr. Umar’s results posted are BHT or mixed hair transplants on advanced norwood stages. But, I’m not interested in BHT because I’m only a NW 2.5 who only needs his temples filled in. From what I’ve seen of Hooray for Hair and some other of Dr. Umar’s hairlines, the designs look good so that’s why I’m interested in seeing more hairline scalp hair only results. If Dr. Umar primarily works on BHT and advanced norwood cases then that’s fine it just means I have to look elsewhere. I’d like it if there were more results to see since that would give me a better opinion on Dr. Umar’s work and would make it convenient for me to travel since I live in Northern California. So if Dr. Umar or anyone else could chime in I’d appreciate it.

Check his website. I think there are a few there. Based on what I’ve seen I’m flying out to him next summer.

» Check his website. I think there are a few there. Based on what I’ve seen
» I’m flying out to him next summer.

Only 3 pictures on his website of scalp-hair only results and Dr. Umar has been around for a while now. You think that’s enough to be convinced? If he concentrates primarily on BHT and advanced norwood stages then I can understand why there is a dearth of posted scalp-hair only results. I just want to be shown more scalp-hair only results if they are out there so I can make a more informed opinion on Dr. Umar.

» » Check his website. I think there are a few there. Based on what I’ve
» seen
» » I’m flying out to him next summer.
»
» Only 3 pictures on his website of scalp-hair only results and Dr. Umar has
» been around for a while now. You think that’s enough to be convinced? If he
» concentrates primarily on BHT and advanced norwood stages then I can
» understand why there is a dearth of posted scalp-hair only results. I just
» want to be shown more scalp-hair only results if they are out there so I
» can make a more informed opinion on Dr. Umar.

Hi Feanor.
I had the same dilemma as yourself. Actually, MORE of a dilemma, because I didn’t have a “Hooray for Hair” site to look at! :slight_smile:
I asked Dr Umar about his website whilst I was trying not to fall asleep in his damn body-contorter-deluxe chair or whatever the hell you call it. (Dangerously comfortable- he refused outright to sell it to me) and his answer, whilst helping you not in the slightest, at least explained to me why he didn’t have more pictures on his site whilst clearly seeing an awful lot of people. The guy’s working constantly, six days a week, and even during my three days there, people were calling in and booking at all hours.
Anyway, the bottom line is that he simply doesn’t seem to have time, and I personally witnessed this, so I know it’s not a crock. Even to pay someone to update his website would involve a large time commitment on his part to organise all of the hundreds of patient photos etc, which is honestly why I think you never see any new people on his site. All of his time is spent devoted to his patients, not to publicity.
My first thought was that he couldn’t be as good as the other doctors if he doesn’t have more patient results. How wrong I was. And I’ve since learnt through experience that what you see on the websites is not necessarily what you get.
Also, I know of at least three people who went to Dr Umar and who were equally happy with their results as me, but who couldn’t be bothered/don’t have the time to post their results. And that was just three people who I met during my brief time there! How many other dozens of happy patients don’t bother posting their results?
Anyway, I wish for your sake, and the sake of future “Umar considerers” that he would post a thick portfolio of scalp HT results. I know he has them!

H f H

Hey Hooray for Hair,
Thanks for replying. I’m looking forward to seeing your grown out results in the upcoming months. Are you going to grow your hair out again or leave it buzzed the whole time? So how did you end up choosing Dr. Umar since like you said, you weren’t able to see any grown out hairline results really. Do you live in LA and thought it would be convenient since he is so close or was it some other factor? Because if I were in your shoes and I hadn’t seen many of Dr. Umar’s patient results I’d be somewhat apprehensive in going to him, so I’m curious how you ended up going to him. Also, did Dr. Umar have patient photos at his office that you could look through that he has never posted on the web? If so, I wonder if I could go visit him and see his scrapbook since he’s only an hour plane ride from where I live. Finally, how did you end up meeting the other Umar patients who were also happy with their results. It’d be nice to meet some Umar patients in person who had hairline loss which was rebuilt. Anyways, please keep us updated.

» Hey Hooray for Hair,
» Thanks for replying. I’m looking forward to seeing your grown out
» results in the upcoming months. Are you going to grow your hair out again
» or leave it buzzed the whole time? So how did you end up choosing Dr. Umar
» since like you said, you weren’t able to see any grown out hairline results
» really. Do you live in LA and thought it would be convenient since he is so
» close or was it some other factor? Because if I were in your shoes and I
» hadn’t seen many of Dr. Umar’s patient results I’d be somewhat
» apprehensive in going to him, so I’m curious how you ended up going to
» him. Also, did Dr. Umar have patient photos at his office that you could
» look through that he has never posted on the web? If so, I wonder if I
» could go visit him and see his scrapbook since he’s only an hour plane
» ride from where I live. Finally, how did you end up meeting the other Umar
» patients who were also happy with their results. It’d be nice to meet some
» Umar patients in person who had hairline loss which was rebuilt. Anyways,
» please keep us updated.

Hi Feanor.
I’m definitely going to grow my hair out in the long run, however I’m keeping it short during the “new growth” stage until roughly month eight or so when I feel that whatever will grow ‘has’ grown, if you know what I mean. Let it thicken up before growing it longer.
You’ll be shocked to hear that I live in Australia, which makes my decision to go with Dr Umar even more radical! I travelled halfway around the world to see him! As for my decision process, it went something like this: Cost, location, quality of work, instinct!
When all of these things fell into place, I settled on Dr Umar and cannot express to you how happy I am that I did. His prices were great, I wanted to travel to America rather than, say, India, to do the procedure (personal preference only) and after speaking with one of Dr Umar’s major patients, Heliboy, whose life’s been altered by the Doc, and also the moderator of this very site, who expressed how trustworthy, professional, and ethical the Dr is, my decision was made. The rest was purely faith and hope that my research and instincts were on the ball.
If Dr Umar had patient photos to view, I didn’t ask, because by that stage I was ready to put the robe on, so to speak. No backing out. My very first meeting with him was in my hospital gown with my skinny legs knocking together with apprehension! (totally unjustified, as it turned out. I’m just a coward. The following two mornings I was laying back as if I owned the place!) So you should email him and ask about seeing some pics if you’re only an hour away.
And the other patients I met were either going through the procedure at the time or a few weeks out. They would stop by during the course of my time there and say hi and show the Doc their progress (I could see how happy they were with their results) or I would see the current patient/s when I myself went back a week later just before my return home.
Honestly, the guy never stops!
One thing he said to me, I’ll never forget. I was expressing some concern that some of the hairs might not grow because I myself rubbed my head, and he said to me in a tone that implied “don’t insult me” - “do you honestly think I’d send you off with inferior work” or something like that, which really struck a chord because he said it so sincerely, meaning he didn’t want me walking around with an inferior job. He only stops when HE’S happy, not you! Wonderful stuff. Don’t get me started on how much I like and respect him. In fact, I think I love him. :expressionless: My wife had to hide my passport so I don’t run back there and devote the rest of my life to worshipping him!!
As for my updates, keep an eye on my website.
The six month shots will be up at the end of Feb.

Take care

H f H

Hooray for Hair-
I couldnt help but smile when reading your post. Its good to see you happy with your results.

Feanor- You should consider yourself very fortunate to be close to Dr Umar . I have flown across the country for each of my visits but worth every trip. The key to successful hairlines has alot to do with your own goals and what you are trying to accomplish. The most recent (Sept 2007) and final part of my entire restoration was framing up the hairline /temples because I wear my hair short . Someone that I had not seen in a while told me last Saturday that the last hairilne work took 10 years off my looks- and not to mention the increased confidence that a hairline contributes .

19,000 grafts by Dr Umar
www.myhairtransformation.com

Hooray,
Thanks for the story. Can’t believe you came all the way from down under. I am seriously looking forward to your grown out results at the 6, 8, 12 month mark. Your case will definitely influence me on considering Dr. Umar. How long did your redness last?

And Heliboy,
Did you use scalp hair or more body hair to redefine your new hairline? Looking forward to seeing your new pics.

All of Dr. Umar’s patients seem to have glowing experiences so I will seriously consider him, but I would still like to see more NW 2-3 hairline reconstruction if there are any to be shown. But I think I pretty much narrowed it down to either Dr. Feller or Dr. Umar since I am only interested in FUE.