Any reason to not do a bht test?

"“What you see is what you get”. I think he meant in the thickness of the grafts after they grow.

I quoted Ray Woods… and now that I have been studying a single bht for three years… with significant growth, then i know that Ray Woods original assupmtions were accurate… “What you see is what you get”

This is a really interesting case… This patient originally went to Dr. Harris in Denver… Dr. Harris pretty much took most of his chest hairs and transplanted them to his scalp.

The patient’s scalp hair is completely white. But his chest hairs where totally black. So every body hair that was transferred was easily able to be tracked.

And here is the case at hand. Please read. http://hairlossadvances.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=1097&highlight=expose

» What ever the way the body hair looks on your body part… this will be the
» way it looks on your scalp… length, courseness and color. It will not
» change.

You don’t know what you are talking about

» I’m consulting with a doctor next week to do a sample bht test. Is there
» any reason not to do it. If it doesnt work then I will need to shave my
» head in a year or 2.

I had a successful BHT test of about 300 grafts before going in for another 1000 leg hair grafts to “repair” my 1990s HT hairline.

I’m very happy with the “naturalness” of my hairline now.
Journals w/pics and a video link to my case are in my signature.

IMO, a test with the right doc is the prudent way to go.

It’s been about 4 years since my BHT repair and the leg hair is still growing strong. The caliber of the transplanted hair is very similar to how it is on my legs but it seems to have gained a little length when placed on the scalp. The leg hair doesn’t grow over an inch in my hairline, however. My legs show no visible signs of extractions.

IMO, body hair can be great for “feathering” hairlines, creating temple points, hiding larger plugs and “dusting” an area were high density (as is head-hair density) isn’t needed. Now, if you have very thick body hair, more density is possible but not comparable to head-hair grafts.

Beard hair grafts show great promise for more dense coverage and scar repair.
Some folks probably have thicker beard/body hair than head hair. That’s when the tables get turned on the traditional HT assumptions.

My 2 cents as a “pioneer” BHT patient. Lol.

Happy growing to all!
:smiley:

fastforward…

Actually you do not know what you are talking about. Even sofarsogood knows more that you. And especially about bht… I have something for you fastforward…

This is a suggestion. Put your computer into a toilet. Then you will be equal to the actual knowledge you know.:slight_smile:

» Even sofarsogood knows more that you. And especially about bht…

LOL!
I’m just a patient, not an HT guru like yourself.
:stuck_out_tongue:

» fastforward…
»
» Actually you do not know what you are talking about. Even sofarsogood
» knows more that you. And especially about bht… I have something for you
» fastforward…
»
» This is a suggestion. Put your computer into a toilet. Then you will be
» equal to the actual knowledge you know.:slight_smile:

Oh yeah? explain this then

» » fastforward…
» »
» » Actually you do not know what you are talking about. Even sofarsogood
» » knows more that you. And especially about bht… I have something for
» you
» » fastforward…
» »
» » This is a suggestion. Put your computer into a toilet. Then you will be
» » equal to the actual knowledge you know.:slight_smile:
»
» Oh yeah? explain this then
»

hairtech is a jackass, rude and unprofessional, just ignore him

Exactly! You show a single haired beard hair put up against a miniaturized scalp hair. Thanks for this picture. So now go out and transplant 7000 beard hairs for 5 bucks per graft and lets see if that compares to 1000 regular scalp grafts. I might be edgy but I just state the facts.

» Exactly! You show a single haired beard hair put up against a miniaturized
» scalp hair. Thanks for this picture. So now go out and transplant 7000
» beard hairs for 5 bucks per graft and lets see if that compares to 1000
» regular scalp grafts. I might be edgy but I just state the facts.

I think you are missing the point, he posted the picture to show that body or facial hair can grow long when transplanted to the scalp.

Damrack,

That is not true… The picture at hand is only showing the difference in the coarseness between the examples of the beard and scalp hair. But what is compelling here is this…

1. The scalp hairs are miniaturized.

2. No one posts pictures and pictures of scalp hairs and beard hairs that are compared… only one or two pictures.

3. Beard hairs are the best body hairs to transplant but again they mainly come in one haired grafts.

I applaud the picture but it is flawed by the fact that the scalp hair is miniaturized.

Heck one could say the left hairs look like scalp hairs and the the right are leg hairs. I have seen it both ways.

I noticed this morning that at some of the extraction sites little black hairs are popping up right smack in the middle of the site. what does this mean?

Commander,

That means that they missed the follicle during the extraction process… so it is just growing back. They thought they got it but they didn’t. I have seen this in regular FUE scalp recently when we were repairing a hairline. We shaved this guy’s head and saw white dots with hair growing in the middle of the friggn large punch holes.

» I noticed this morning that at some of the extraction sites little black
» hairs are popping up right smack in the middle of the site. what does this
» mean?

maybe the extraction was not done “clean” and parts of the follicle was left inside the skin to regenerate? is that possible?

a bht test is a great idea. It will give you an idea of what ou can actually do in order to achieve results.

» I noticed this morning that at some of the extraction sites little black
» hairs are popping up right smack in the middle of the site. what does this
» mean?

Can you upload a picture? I want to see what that looks like.

» Commander,
»
» That means that they missed the follicle during the extraction process…
» so it is just growing back. They thought they got it but they didn’t. I
» have seen this in regular FUE scalp recently when we were repairing a
» hairline. We shaved this guy’s head and saw white dots with hair growing in
» the middle of the friggn large punch holes.

So does this mean the test was a wash and the grafts won’t grow? what do i do now?

» » Commander,
» »
» » That means that they missed the follicle during the extraction
» process…
» » so it is just growing back. They thought they got it but they didn’t. I
» » have seen this in regular FUE scalp recently when we were repairing a
» » hairline. We shaved this guy’s head and saw white dots with hair growing
» in
» » the middle of the friggn large punch holes.
»
» So does this mean the test was a wash and the grafts won’t grow? what do i
» do now?

this reminds me of the Gho technique, he claims the donor will regrow, voila, now we know why the donor can regrow, it’s because he doesn’t do a clean extraction. If this is the Gho experience you are going to see very weak grafts yield, just my opinion, I hope I am wrong .

I agree with damrack… Do you have a picture? If all of the extraction sites have any hair growing out of the circles this will result on a low yield.

Ipod,

No that is not possible. The only way the hair comes back is if they miss the follicle.

God I remember the GHO days. :expressionless:

» Exactly! You show a single haired beard hair put up against a miniaturized
» scalp hair. Thanks for this picture. So now go out and transplant 7000
» beard hairs for 5 bucks per graft and lets see if that compares to 1000
» regular scalp grafts. I might be edgy but I just state the facts.

When was the last time you saw a beard hair this long moron? The picture was takenfrom some guy who had beard hair transplant, forget the scalp hair, you don’t need to see the scalp hair for compairson in order to realise that the beard hair grew long after the transplantation.