Another good news about Follica

»
» We should all remain cautiously optimistic about Follica. There are still
» no guarantees about anything.

Very true

» That being said, I am extremely excited about today’s funding news. Zohar
» also confirmed that a trial is underway - and her description matches up
» with the clinical trial going on at Harvard.
»
» There are two things that the $11 million surprise funding means to me:
»
» 1. Clinical trials are moving forward as planned and Follica is already
» looking forward to the next steps after this trial. They truly are moving
» this along as fast as they can.
»
» 2. Investors are very willing to give their money to Follica. I
» assume this means they are convinced that Follica’s treatment will work.
» This is a good sign.

Exactly! Follica must have proven that they can make this work otherwise no one would have invested a single dollar.ICX has said that they want someone else to pay their tab but did u notice there wasn’t exactly a stampede to give them money? OK,they haven’t exactly released info about their P2 trials yet but it is well known amongst hair transplant clinics that it isn’t working.
I often hoped that this pre scalp stimulation would be the key to making ICX a success but it doesn’t look that way.
Going back to Follica,we are not saved yet.All we have done is bought Follica some drinks & she’s merely considering the idea that maybe,just maybe she’ll go home with us tonight.There is a long ways to go but I am hopeful that our days of suffering might be over.

»
» nothing wrong in enjoying some sucess lol… after someone talking so
» much crap of how follica may not work today we have tooken a step closer in
» belief

I am happy as well but let’s not get too carried away.There is still allot of work to be done.It looks good but it is not a proven cure yet.When we see photos of guys smiling from ear to ear with full heads of hair then we can all be ecstatic.
Let’s not make the same mistakes we made with ICX.This time we should base our hopes on facts not speculation.

Very good news indeed. At this stage, a few people seem to have succeeded in growing new/rejuvanated hair (proof of concepts that it works), as posted on different hairloss forums.

Just a few issues to keep in mind:

• density: none of the posters seems to have produce an aesthetically acceptable results

• repeatability of results on same person: this could become an important issue if the new/rejuvanated hair “at each try” prove to be of very limited density.

• repeatability of method with different people: will it work with me as well as it worked with e.g. baccy?

Bearing that in mind… very good news!

» Tagohl, did you use acid peel for wounding? If so, what %.

Yes, 30% TCA.

»
» are they worth taking pictures yet Baccy?

I’ve had a word with my m8 who has a cam and our paths won’t cross until Wed 27th August. Now I’m currently waiting for tannic acid to be delivered and if I receive it before then, I would probably do my next experiment (I’m eager to begin). However, if I don’t receive the tannic acid until the beginning of that week, I won’t mind holding off a couple of days and try to get some pics in. We’ll see if the follicles show up on cam. If they show what I can see, I’ll post them. They’ll also serve as ‘before’ pics for Experiment 2.
It all depends on the timing of this tannic acid delivery. They reckon that they won’t have it in stock until 18th August and they’ll dispatch it then. Let’s see what happens as I’m rather excited about this despite not having anything cosmetically viable yet. It proves it works.

» Just a few issues to keep in mind:
» - density: none of the posters seems to have produce an aesthetically
» acceptable results
»

Personally, I’d settle for enough follicles to create a vague shadow, thus eliminating the ‘horseshoe’ effect of my NW7. But my preference would be NW3 with a light density. I could live with that and in theory, if SOME follicles are renewed/rejuvenated, I see no reason that full coverage cannot be achieved with the correct protocol.

» Follica raises $11m in 2d round of venture financing
»
»
» http://www.boston.com/business/articles/2008/08/12/stop__shop_recalls_tuna_salad_over_listeria_fears/

Sorry I dont have time to read everything, I only check here when I have time these days, the article says they raised $11M it didn’t say anything about human trial. Does anyone know if they have started human trials for hair loss yet?

» » Tagohl, did you use acid peel for wounding? If so, what %.
»
» Yes, 30% TCA.

Whoa, that is up there, especially if it is your first time peel. I was thinking alongs the line of 20% tca peel. Please keep us updated.

» Whoa, that is up there, especially if it is your first time peel. I was
» thinking alongs the line of 20% tca peel. Please keep us updated.

I bought the higher concentration because I had planned on diluting it. But then I got lazy and just decided to use it as is. I did do a test peel first, though. Any lighter peel which produces skin peeling is probably good enough (e.g., lower concentrations of TCA, Jessner’s peel - in my experience, high concentration glycolic acid, which I use on my face, is not strong enough).

»
» I started later than planned. I did the peel this past Saturday. The peel
» went slightly lower on my forehead than I wanted, but I did cover the areas
» where I want new growth. I am going to take the gefitinib orally. I’ll post
» updates as appropriate.

Hey that’s great news! A genuine Gefitinib tester. This will be very interesting. Just watch for any sides m8. But in theory you should get results even if you phuck up with the window. Wounding apparently is enough for some activity at least.

» I bought the higher concentration because I had planned on diluting it.
» But then I got lazy and just decided to use it as is. I did do a test peel
» first, though. Any lighter peel which produces skin peeling is probably
» good enough (e.g., lower concentrations of TCA, Jessner’s peel - in my
» experience, high concentration glycolic acid, which I use on my face, is
» not strong enough).

That’s got me wondering again whether the Nioxin Scalp Renew is going to be severe enough for my upcoming ‘Phase 2’ wounding. I mean I really massacred my scalp last time with sandpaper AND a glycolic peel immediately afterwards.
But the Harvard newsletter mentions possible use of an abrasive gel to ‘gently’ wound. What I did was not gentle.
But like I say, I now know the skin heals quickly and nicely.
Just make sure I got some DVD boxsets to watch during the downtime.

» » I bought the higher concentration because I had planned on diluting it.
» » But then I got lazy and just decided to use it as is. I did do a test
» peel
» » first, though. Any lighter peel which produces skin peeling is probably
» » good enough (e.g., lower concentrations of TCA, Jessner’s peel - in my
» » experience, high concentration glycolic acid, which I use on my face,
» is
» » not strong enough).
»
» That’s got me wondering again whether the Nioxin Scalp Renew is going to
» be severe enough for my upcoming ‘Phase 2’ wounding. I mean I really
» massacred my scalp last time with sandpaper AND a glycolic peel immediately
» afterwards.
» But the Harvard newsletter mentions possible use of an abrasive gel to
» ‘gently’ wound. What I did was not gentle.
» But like I say, I now know the skin heals quickly and nicely.

» Very good news indeed. At this stage, a few people seem to have succeeded
» in growing new/rejuvanated hair (proof of concepts that it works), as
» posted on different hairloss forums.
»
» Just a few issues to keep in mind:
» - density: none of the posters seems to have produce an aesthetically
» acceptable results
»
» - repeatability of results on same person: this could become an important
» issue if the new/rejuvanated hair “at each try” prove to be of very limited
» density.
»
» - repeatability of method with different people: will it work with me as
» well as it worked with e.g. baccy?
»
» Bearing that in mind… very good news!

First & foremost I want to say that I have the upmost respect & admiration for the guys here who are conducting their own trials.However,we cannot possibly believe that these guys will be able to achieve the results achieved by Follica.If every guy here was to fail in their trials,I would not be the least bit deterred.I read everything posted by the guys who are conducting their own experiments purely out of interest.I don’t see their experiments as having any influence on my opinions of Follica’s possible cure.

Until Cotsarelis himself hits a road block or fails, as far as I am concerned, this is still my saviour.

Also, Follica have no problem obtaining density, they have said time & time again that they can control the number of hairs they can produce.Density is not & will not be an issue for Follica.None of the guys here who are conducting their experiments are capable of increasing or decreasing hair growth.These homemade experiments are done with the best of intentions but they do not speak for Follica.

» » Follica raises $11m in 2d round of venture financing
» »
» »
» »
» http://www.boston.com/business/articles/2008/08/12/stop__shop_recalls_tuna_salad_over_listeria_fears/
»
» Sorry I dont have time to read everything, I only check here when I have
» time these days, the article says they raised $11M it didn’t say anything
» about human trial. Does anyone know if they have started human trials for
» hair loss yet?

They have begun testing the abrasion technique on real live humans,this test will last 60 days.They will then probably take time to analyse all the information gained by this test then hopefully look at taking things a step further in a second round of tests.

My hope is that the investors will pressure them into putting things into action much sooner.

Exactly. But it IS proof of concept. It fuels my enthusiasm to see these results on my own head. And I know that Follica will do the business. But, I’ve waited 27 years and I’m unwilling to wait anymore if I can possibly avoid it. I started this quest when I was but 16 years old, a pimply youth. I’m now a middle-aged man of 43 and having tried everything, I’ve finally found something that yields results and does so within a month.
I’m going for it and any failures on my part does not deter me from the knowledge that this thing works. If some slaphead twat from Manchester can grow new follicles in the comfort of his own home, then Follica have a successful product on their hands. I’ll keep trying different protocols and building upon what I have. Who knows? I may get my hair back before Follica bring it to market. But the knowledge we’ve gained recently empowers us like nothing has for decades. It gives us the genuine opportunity to experiment realistically with swift feedback on protocol.
One month to see results and adjust accordingly. Beats everything out on the market.
I’m not willing to risk a process which I now personally know works, discarded by intervention from powerful yet unsavoury organisations within the hair industry. With the commercial introduction of this procedure,current medical cosmetic practitioners are going to lose a LOT of money, EVEN if they adapt and license themselves for the procedure. This is because the procedure is so much simpler than surgery and can indeed be done by oneself at home.
I wouldn’t like to think that a shadowy conglomerate of head butchers would get together and pay money to delay commercial marketing of this procedure, but I could well believe it.
Some people are bastards,. And some of those people are doctors. It’s just cold, hard logic.
If somebody presented the governments of the world with a unique, free energy source tomorrow, do you really think it would make it to market?
The answer is no.
Would the person who designed/discovered/invented it have wasted his/hers time?
No.
Proof of concept can rake in the cash. A bounty earned for delaying inception of the technology. A bounty raised and paid by a conglomerate of interested parties.
And let’s not be Devil Dodgers here and say that mankind is not capable of such a sin.
Sorry for the downbeat tone on an otherwise upturn of events but it is my take on things. And basically you can take it or leave it.

» »
» » We should all remain cautiously optimistic about Follica. There are
» still
» » no guarantees about anything.
»
» Very true
»
» » That being said, I am extremely excited about today’s funding news.
» Zohar
» » also confirmed that a trial is underway - and her description matches
» up
» » with the clinical trial going on at Harvard.
» »
» » There are two things that the $11 million surprise funding means to me:
» »
» » 1. Clinical trials are moving forward as planned and Follica is already
» » looking forward to the next steps after this trial. They truly are
» moving
» » this along as fast as they can.
» »
» » 2. Investors are very willing to give their money to Follica. I
» » assume this means they are convinced that Follica’s treatment will work.
»
» » This is a good sign.
»
» Exactly! Follica must have proven that they can make this work otherwise
» no one would have invested a single dollar.ICX has said that they want
» someone else to pay their tab but did u notice there wasn’t exactly a
» stampede to give them money? OK,they haven’t exactly released info about
» their P2 trials yet but it is well known amongst hair transplant clinics
» that it isn’t working.
» I often hoped that this pre scalp stimulation would be the key to making
» ICX a success but it doesn’t look that way.
» Going back to Follica,we are not saved yet. All we have done is bought
» Follica some drinks & she’s merely considering the idea that maybe,just
» .maybe she’ll go home with us tonight.
Haha, I like that analogy :wink:

There is a long ways to go but I am
» hopeful that our days of suffering might be over.

Just look at the facts we’re already pretty sure about:

1. We’re getting a small-but-growing set of feedback that the concept behind Folica is capable of creating new hairs.

2. It seems that the method makes progress on an area’s existing hairs as well as whatever new hairs are created. An area can’t end up worse than it started from this.

3. The procedure can be repeated on the same spot numerous times. Probably at least a dozen times over the course of 3-4 years.

4. FDA or not, there seems to be no discernable harm from this process that we know of. And the raw drugs & wounding method cannot be kept from the public.

I think the overall picture is VERY encouraging.