Another example - Follica may actually work!

BTW Tagohl you’re right about the quercetin. Widely available from supplement stores. It inhibits tyrosine kinase and it’s as cheap as chips. It might be worth mixing up a topical with this instead of going down the hardcore drug route. It’s also water soluble so a big plus there too.

» I have a request, next time can you put the link without spaces between?
» It’s driving me crazy having to piece them together, thanks.

Yes, it must be a titanic effort , I guess doms will follow for several days

dayum…!!! looks like his shaving area took over his nose…that IS weird, yikes!!!

» i think this forum has totally lost it, you guys are thinking of using
» cancer drugs to treat hair loss ?

It sure beats obsessing over hairlines in the celebrity section.
You need to learn a thing or two about the history of recycling drugs.

The cancer patient’s new hair characteristics:

I think a lot of the difference is that the new hairs just look weakened and not affected by greying. I don’t see anything really DIFFERENT. Not in the sense of blond becoming brunette or curly hairs becoming straighter.

I think it looks like the new hairs’ characteristics could have potentially been 100% fine (and probably also not greyed!) if the area’s growth had gone full-bore according to the Folica plan and everything had worked right.

Benji:

Are you really saying that topical Minox won’t be part of the deal for Folica’s topical setup? I knew they were sensitive about the wound being treated, but I would have thought Minox would have been used topically if they were gonna try any of the drugs topically at all.

Okay, then what’s the story on getting & using Loniten orally? Any thoughts?

Honestly I’ve never been a minox fan. I’d love to hear that it wasn’t a major growth difference in the tests; I would just skip the Minox entirely.

As a cancer patient he certainly must have been on other drugs …can You ask that doctor, for us, about what he was taking at the time (except geftinib )

Also not to be discarded the possiblity that He started some natural treatment(classic patient behaviour when seeing that the modern drugs are not working)…For instance Curcumin is known to be good at fighting cancer…at the same time Curcumin has deep interferings with the hair follicle pathways.

Please read my previous post and tell me if you have any answer…

» As a cancer patient he certainly must have been on other drugs …can You
» ask that doctor, for us, about what he was taking at the time (except
» geftinib )
»
» Also not to be discarded the possiblity that He started some natural
» treatment(classic patient behaviour when seeing that the modern drugs are
» not working)…For instance Curcumin is known to be good at fighting
» cancer…at the same time Curcumin has deep interferings with the hair
» follicle pathways.

i asked about this, Dr. said that he wasn’t doing anything for his hairloss, infact he didn’t care. So for the guy it was actually sort of a bonus and was surprised by it.

As of treatment for his cancer, I’m not sure about that. Again, even though the patient is deceased the Doctor might be resistant to giving out full details of his medications/supplements. I think he was only taking gefitinib because the study was titled “hair growth after gefitinib”.

In this case, I think the million dollar question is what condition his immune system was in at the time he regrew that hair. Drug-induced or otherwise.

The only real difference that we’re aware of between the human/mouse skin tests for Folica is the immunosuppression that was done on the mice.

The MILLION dollar question is …what is the conjunction/scenario of events that made this patient regrow hair out of 1000 patients ?

It can be anything …in short its Gefitinib + X …What is this X ???

I’m not really thinking much about this guy. Stranger things have happened. Whatever it was, I have a feeling that Folica understands the whole thing better than we do. I just take this as another sign that the basic theory of the project is viable.

If Folica’s testing fails to regrow anything on the human testers, then I will start getting interested in the specifics of this guy’s case. (And Folica probably will too!)