An old intercytex "idea"

I have wondered, but never pursued or asked, if Intercytex shot up the donor area with its cell mixture. Theoretically speaking, the donor area skin should be much much more conductive to hair follicle formation than bald scalp.

If the 13-103% increases in density dont sound impressive to someone, a 100% increase in the hippocratic wreath would correspond with a wreath that was twice as thick…which would mean alot more hair to FUE to the front.

I’ll email them both and ask if they’ve ever considered this. But I expect nada back from both entities.

If we could merely increase the donor area thickness by a factor of 2, almost all men would be able to transplant with confidence.

http://www.aderansresearch.com/pdfs/PUBLICATION_ARI_Ab_HH07.pdf

and the old standby…mice,
http://www.aderansresearch.com/pdfs/PUBLICATION_ARI_Ab_HH07.pdf

Im glad to see they are still up to it over there. I wish they’d come forth and really be forthright about what roadblocks they have encountered and how they are trying to overcome them.

Both links are the same, but it is interesting how “matrix” has become the new buzz word in the medical community: “Cells were combined with Matrigel™ (a surrogate extracellular matrix)”.

Than there’s this: They only got follicles with DEEP injections, and the success rate was roughly 40% “In replicate studies, hair follicles formed in 8 out of 18 and in 19 out of 48 implantations”. Did I understand that Correctly? It’s not a very high ratio, but at least it’s tangible (i.e. you’ll get 40 follicles for every 100 times we stab your nogin)

» http://www.aderansresearch.com/pdfs/PUBLICATION_ARI_Ab_HH07.pdf
»
» and the old standby…mice,
» http://www.aderansresearch.com/pdfs/PUBLICATION_ARI_Ab_HH07.pdf
»
» Im glad to see they are still up to it over there. I wish they’d come
» forth and really be forthright about what roadblocks they have encountered
» and how they are trying to overcome them.

Most pigs have severe self esteem problems when they start thinning, and then there is the bacon thing…pigs life is hard sometimes

» Most pigs have severe self esteem problems when they start thinning, and
» then there is the bacon thing…pigs life is hard sometimes.

Well, at least Aderans is moving up the animal kingdom… beyond mice and dogs. You need to look at the bright side; Washenik is familiar with pigs after all the hogwash he’s been feeding people over the years. Let’s just hope they don’t leapfrog the next 5 years past humans… to killer whales, oak trees, honda civics, lumps of coal or something else that doesn’t need hair…

» Most pigs have severe self esteem problems when they start thinning, and
» then there is the bacon thing…pigs life is hard sometimes

They make mention that direction is certainly an issue in some of the animal models at Aderan’s site. I wonder how many 'ingrown" hair Intercytex got that they didn’t count as hairs (because they’d not break the surface)?

You see talk of cellular matrixes on Aderans site. I think that is their big hold up as far as attempting a human trial. They are probably having direction problems. Dr. Barrows is supposed to be the expert at Aderans over tissue matrixes and biodegradable scaffolds, etc. Theyve definitely grown some hair over there on the animals…but direction and density are apparently issues.

I’d like to see them both (ICX and Aderans) try to shoot a donor area back up with hair and see if the results are better back there. MPB scalp loses a water layer, fatty acids, and becomes more like forehead skin. It literally gets thinner than hirsute scalp. Thats not a very conductive envrionment for new follicles to form.

That would be a “idea” for Follica and ACELL to attempt.

Like yourself Hangin’, Im pretty queasy about the hair “made” in the recipient area and its future predeliction to miniaturize in response to male hormones. I think a procedure that could double the density of the wreath-----so a guy could get a genuinely great FUE-transplant, might be a better route to take until such time as scientists figure out exactly which genes need to be silenced in the “making” of new hair.

I for one, however, am glad that Aderans is still at it…and Histogen, and Phoenixbio, and the Indian Clinics, etc.

Intercytex is nothing more then an old,washed up Hollywood actress trying to get more press time.
It’s over,let go.