Almost 3 months post FUE - need help getting rid of persisting redness fast

Hi Guys, im almost 3 months post FUE with Dr.Armani and my recepient area is still very red. Its very hard to hide the fact that ive had work done because the area is still very red.

I guess im healing slow? How can i get rid of this redness fast? Pats205 didnt have redness at 2 weeks post op and i still have a lot of redness almost 3 months out, its like its never going away and its really bugging me.

Does this mean im not going to have a great result or something?

How can i get rid of this redness asap? I really wanted to have fast healing and growth.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Hello Rawman,

I am sorry to hear you are experiencing the prolonged redness, but rest assured, this should not effect your growth.

We do have some ointment that will help take away the existing redness. Please send me an email to eric@alviarmani.com and I will be happy to have some shipped to your address.

• Eric

Sorry to hear RM. Rest assured though, I don’t think this is any indicator that you will have poor results. Lots of people respond in lots of ways.

Any chance you could post some pics?

» Hi Guys, im almost 3 months post FUE with Dr.Armani and my recepient area
» is still very red. Its very hard to hide the fact that ive had work done
» because the area is still very red.
»
»
» I guess im healing slow? How can i get rid of this redness fast? Pats205
» didnt have redness at 2 weeks post op and i still have a lot of redness
» almost 3 months out, its like its never going away and its really bugging
» me.
»
»
» Does this mean im not going to have a great result or something?
»
»
» How can i get rid of this redness asap? I really wanted to have fast
» healing and growth.
»
»
»
» Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

» Hello Rawman,
»
» I am sorry to hear you are experiencing the prolonged redness, but rest
» assured, this should not effect your growth.
»
» We do have some ointment that will help take away the existing redness.
» Please send me an email to eric@alviarmani.com and I will be happy to have
» some shipped to your address.
»
» - Eric

Hi Eric, thanks a lot i really appreciate your help. I would love to get rid of this redness asap it would REALLY help me out especially for work. Its really bothering me and really getting in my way. I will send you an e-mail with my adress now. Thanks again!

Can you post some pics to show how red it can get after 3 months? Any chance it’s an infection and you don’t even know about that?

Are you kidding? You are going to have most excellent results from your HT from Armani.

Didn’t you see the recent post from Armani of the patient where only a mere 2500 FUE grafts just about completely restored his hair loss with an amazing amount of density?

No worries my friend you are going to have excellent results; expecially if you take the before shots in very bright light shining down on your balding area,(perhaps a sunlamp)and then take your after shots in significantly darker lighting and at differing angles.

No worries rawman. I was in the same shape as you where I had redness for more than three months as well. I explained it away as having a sun burn on my head while I was using minoxidil, and everybody at work didn’t think anything about it. I called Shane at Armani, and he promptly sent me out some cream and things got better within a couple of weeks. I ended up with a great result. Some guys can get away with having post op redness for a couple of weeks or a month, some of us have it more than three months. rawman, good luck and growth to you.:slight_smile:

» Are you kidding? You are going to have most excellent results from your HT
» from Armani.
»
» Didn’t you see the recent post from Armani of the patient where only a
» mere 2500 FUE grafts just about completely restored his hair loss with an
» amazing amount of density?
»
» No worries my friend you are going to have excellent results; expecially
» if you take the before shots in very bright light shining down on your
» balding area,(perhaps a sunlamp)and then take your after shots in
» significantly darker lighting and at differing angles.

I didnt use anything for the redness and I dont recall ever having any redness at all. Zero redness for me. Lucky. But on the same token, I know patiants that used everything on the market for the redness and they had it for 3-4+ weeks. And when it did go away they thanked the drugs. Meanwhile, it goes away on its own. Everyone responds differently. Redness howevever, does not dictate what type of results you will have at all.

Keepitshorter stop jumping from one armani thread to another like a grasshopper with negative posts. I too dislike the way photos are being taken and posted which misleads the unexperienced eye, so I’m with you on that and Ive always complained about it. But wtf does another patiant’s thread have anything to do with rawman? Your post is totally irrelivent, but I can see where your going with this.

Give someone enough rope and they’ll hang themselves :wink:

»
» I didnt use anything for the redness and I dont recall ever having any
» redness at all. Zero redness for me. Lucky. But on the same token, I know
» patiants that used everything on the market for the redness and they had it
» for 3-4+ weeks. And when it did go away they thanked the drugs. Meanwhile,
» it goes away on its own. Everyone responds differently. Redness howevever,
» does not dictate what type of results you will have at all.
»
» Keepitshorter stop jumping from one armani thread to another like a
» grasshopper with negative posts. I too dislike the way photos are being
» taken and posted which misleads the unexperienced eye, so I’m with you on
» that and Ive always complained about it. But wtf does another patiant’s
» thread have anything to do with rawman? Your post is totally irrelivent,
» but I can see where your going with this.
»
» Give someone enough rope and they’ll hang themselves :wink:

What annoys me is that i remember rawman asking in a thread he created before his surgery how long post op redness will last and Pats answered him 2 weeks!Luckily we have each other here and we can keep it real and not advertise only the best case scenario.People should know what they are getting into so that they dont freak out after for no reason and think that their growth might be jeopardised becuase of what is very common in HT for many people…long lasting redness!

***** “… how long post op redness will last and Pats answered him 2 weeks!” *****

If he would say up to 3 months then it would scare many potential customers. Think about it, how many people can stay away from work or hide their head for up to 3 months? We need to go back to work to pay off the HT.

Many still have some of their scabs at 2 weeks. I had scabs for a little over 2 weeks. Once those are removed then the other concern is the redness. Its taking me a good 8 weeks before I can say the redness has subsided enough that nobody can tell. It still shows under fluorescent lighting but my hair has grown enough that it’s less obvious. Fluorescent lighting magnifies the redness.

Redness depends on your skin characteristics, healing characteristics, the amount of grafts placed into one area, lighting conditions and if you have some hair that is still growing (to camouflage) in the transplanted areas. It’s different for everyone.

I have heard some people applying something like Aloe Vera to try to remove the redness quicker. Another tip during the summer months (colder months you can say you just went to a hot place for your vacation) is to apply something to the surrounding non HT areas so that you make the skin match the redness from your HT. That is, apply something (example, makeup or quick tanning creams) to your forehead/face area. It doesn’t have to be perfect. It just has to make people think that the redness is due to you getting a tan/sunburn. White skin will show more the redness than if you have a tanned skin.

»
» Keepitshorter stop jumping from one armani thread to another like a
» grasshopper with negative posts. I too dislike the way photos are being
» taken and posted which misleads the unexperienced eye, so I’m with you on
» that and Ive always complained about it. But wtf does another patiant’s
» thread have anything to do with rawman? Your post is totally irrelivent,
» but I can see where your going with this.
»
» Give someone enough rope and they’ll hang themselves :wink:

You are right and I agree.

As far as Rawmans issue, yes Rawman it will be okay even if you are stil experiencing redness. I still had redness and pinkish tone more than 3 months after sugery, but it does subside son thereafter.

And having redness for months afterwards is expected I believe in most cases and is nothing to be alarmed about.

Any Doctors who says no one will see redness after only one or two months of surgery are probably the same ones claiming that there is “no pain” involved in a HT, and you can sit back eat a bowl of popcorn and enjoy a movie while we perform surgery on you!

» I explained it away as having a sun burn on
» my head while I was using minoxidil, and everybody at work didn’t think
» anything about it.

Since you share your hairloss regime with your co-workers and you are both so cool about it why you didnt just tell them you had a transplant? I dont think is so taboo especially if you have allready come out about fighting hairloss, for me thats the difficult part, coming out.

» » I explained it away as having a sun burn on
» » my head while I was using minoxidil, and everybody at work didn’t think
» » anything about it.
»
» Since you share your hairloss regime with your co-workers and you are both
» so cool about it why you didnt just tell them you had a transplant? I dont
» think is so taboo especially if you have allready come out about fighting
» hairloss, for me thats the difficult part, coming out.

Truthtales, there are only a few very close family members that I have shared my HT with. I choose to keep it a private matter.

»
» Truthtales, there are only a few very close family members that I have
» shared my HT with. I choose to keep it a private matter.

I can assure you that EVERYONE knows you had a HT - they choose not to say it in front of your face…

» »
» » Truthtales, there are only a few very close family members that I have
» » shared my HT with. I choose to keep it a private matter.
»
» I can assure you that EVERYONE knows you had a HT - they choose not to say
» it in front of your face…

What?? How can you possibly know what other people in MMAGUY’S office think of his result? Are you a coworker of his?

» » »
» » » Truthtales, there are only a few very close family members that I
» have
» » » shared my HT with. I choose to keep it a private matter.
» »
» » I can assure you that EVERYONE knows you had a HT - they choose not to
» say
» » it in front of your face…
»
» What?? How can you possibly know what other people in MMAGUY’S office
» think of his result? Are you a coworker of his?

Just a quick update guys, Pats205 contacted me asap about the situation and was extremely helpfull. He contacted Dr.Sara for me as Dr.Armani was away, and she sent me an e-mail right away. She is sending me some cream asap to get rid of the redness, she said that redness is a good sign that i have good blood flow to the area and is good for the grafts. I agree i have good blood flow because i am a lean vascular guy. I wouldnt care in any other situation but i need the redness gone for work,ect, so i can just brush my hair forward and nobody can tell a thing as i have a full head of hair, i only had grafts put in the frontal area.

My donor area looks great though you cant even tell a thing or any grafts were ever taken from there! This is going to look super sexy once its fully grown in, cant wait!

Anyways thanks Pats205 for the help i really appreciate it!

» »
» » Truthtales, there are only a few very close family members that I have
» » shared my HT with. I choose to keep it a private matter.
»
» I can assure you that EVERYONE knows you had a HT - they choose not to say
» it in front of your face…

Sorry Vivace67 that not the case. I met the member Superavacado from the HLH forum last summer. He wanted to see what my HT looked like in person.If you have time you can do a search on our meeting. This may give you a better idea on how detectable my HT was to him, and other people who may see me in person.

»
»
» Anyways thanks Pats205 for the help i really appreciate it!

You’re welcome Rawman :slight_smile: