All this talk of Histogen and Follica

These are two companies which really seem to be a lot of hype. Long on promises, but short on evidence. In fact, VERY long on promises, because neither of them has yet even proved their CONCEPT, much less put anything on the market.

It’s one thing for a company to put up a website, get a bunch of “experts” together and have someone draw pretty, multi-colored diagrams of what they THINK will happen when you slather their chemical of as-yet-unknown composition on your head. It’s another thing to sit around and wait 8-10 years for them to actually prove it grows substantial amounts of hair that will cosmetically improve your appearance better than Finasteride or Rogaine… and get it approved by the FDA.

Please, these companies are just trading on everyone’s hopes, dreams, and exhaustion today.

If I ask anyone here, what is the EXACT CHEMICAL COMPOSITION of Histogen or Follica’s supposed compounds… what will you say??? What will THEY say???

That the chemical compositions are still “up in the air”, “undecided”, “in development”???

WHERE ARE THE PATENTS??? Can anyone point to a patent that shows exactly what “Histogen” or “Follica” is composed of… I mean molecular structure, chemical formula, etc.?

No? I didn’t think so.

They shouldn’t have to worry about anyone copying their stuff and selling it, if the compositions are patentable.

I’m guessing maybe they don’t have patented drug formulas because they haven’t even developed them yet?

If so, aren’t a lot of people here just living on the slimmest hype?

And I am NOT talking about a patent for a concept that “might be used later on”… I’m talking about patented chemical formulas which they plan on using in their products NOW… or whenever the h#ll they plan on selling it, which might be 10 years from now… if everything goes perfectly well.

(By the way, I won’t even mention Acell, which is the biggest farce to come down the pike since that doctor from Mexico…)

Sheesh.

I think you’re afraid one of these companies will put cowardly SHILLs like you out of business.
So STFU; nobody reads or believes any of your diarrhetic tripe anyways.

» These are two companies which really seem to be a lot of hype. Long on
» promises, but short on evidence. In fact, VERY long on promises, because
» neither of them has yet even proved their CONCEPT, much less put anything
» on the market.
»
» It’s one thing for a company to put up a website, get a bunch of “experts”
» together and have someone draw pretty, multi-colored diagrams of what they
» THINK will happen when you slather their chemical of as-yet-unknown
» composition on your head. It’s another thing to sit around and wait 8-10
» years for them to actually prove it grows substantial amounts of hair that
» will cosmetically improve your appearance better than Finasteride or
» Rogaine… and get it approved by the FDA.
»
» Please, these companies are just trading on everyone’s hopes, dreams, and
» exhaustion today.
»
» If I ask anyone here, what is the EXACT CHEMICAL COMPOSITION of Histogen
» or Follica’s supposed compounds… what will you say??? What will THEY
» say???
»
» That the chemical compositions are still “up in the air”, “undecided”, “in
» development”???
»
» WHERE ARE THE PATENTS??? Can anyone point to a patent that shows exactly
» what “Histogen” or “Follica” is composed of… I mean molecular structure,
» chemical formula, etc.?
»
» No? I didn’t think so.
»
» They shouldn’t have to worry about anyone copying their stuff and selling
» it, if the compositions are patentable.
»
» I’m guessing maybe they don’t have patented drug formulas because they
» haven’t even developed them yet?
»
» If so, aren’t a lot of people here just living on the slimmest hype?
»
» And I am NOT talking about a patent for a concept that “might be used
» later on”… I’m talking about patented chemical formulas which they plan
» on using in their products NOW… or whenever the h#ll they plan on
» selling it, which might be 10 years from now… if everything goes
» perfectly well.
»
» (By the way, I won’t even mention Acell, which is the biggest farce to
» come down the pike since that doctor from Mexico…)
»
» Sheesh.

» These are two companies which really seem to be a lot of hype. Long on
» promises, but short on evidence. In fact, VERY long on promises, because
» neither of them has yet even proved their CONCEPT, much less put anything
» on the market.

Histogen has proven its concept in a human cohort. I agree about Follica, though - they are way behind in their timeline. They should have had a human proof of concept by now.

You know, I was one of the optimistic ones when I entered the hairloss world. I got excited when I saw LLLT, Follica, Neosil and Intercytex. But nowadays nothing get’s me that excited anymore, because I got used to failures. I don’t think Histogen will end up any different than Intercytex etc.

» You know, I was one of the optimistic ones when I entered the hairloss
» world. I got excited when I saw LLLT, Follica, Neosil and Intercytex. But
» nowadays nothing get’s me that excited anymore, because I got used to
» failures. I don’t think Histogen will end up any different than Intercytex
» etc.

I’m on the board quite new too, maybe half of year. I have lost during one year a lot of hair. About year ago i cut my hair down to 1cm and i did’t thought about hairloss at all. Yea i never haven’t had great hairline because i have had almost whole of my life big widow peaks in my opinion but now after one year i see that those widow peaks are receded more and top of my head is very very thin (like tiffuse thinner) and i have fight with my hairloss since june (i don’t use drugs - i do cappillary treatment to keep my hair shafts clean and i hope that maybe hair grow back and i try to eat healthy food, i ate magnesium pills, 3 days ago started to use evonia food supplements for hair loss, i use natural shampoos and palsams what should be good for thinning hair) and nothing hasn’t changed yet (i still loose a lot of hair every day). I think after one year i might be completely bald on top of my head (atm i’m NW 5A i think http://www.sjsu.edu/faculty/gerstman/StatPrimer/male-baldness.gif ) if everything continues like it has been right now.

During the balding time i have visited every day different hairloss sites/forums etc and i think i have learned quite lot about baldness. One thing what interests me is hair multiplication what intercytex did and ari is doing right now. if intercytex went broke i realized that everything isn’t so rosy in this cruel world. i see that ari is in second phase in their study and i really afraid that maybe they don’t have success in their study and we don’t see hm near future. it disapoints me too that they/ari promised to bring hm to market 2007, then 2010 and i see they are still not close yet to bring it to market soon. they removed year 2010 from their website (i think they removed it after getting my email where i asked about the year whet they promote on their website) and changed it to coming years (coming years might be freely 10 years or what ever the release date might be) and it sucks in my opinion. I have sent them couple of emails and they didn’t give any timeline, they told that they can’t say nothing before their studies are over. seems they are not so enthusiastic at all. but i still have all my hopes on them right now and hopefully by the end on this year we can see their pahse 2 results and hopefully those are good!

about follica, histogen - i don’t know, i’dont know why i’m not beliving in them. to me seems they can’t bring back the hair what i have lost and their treatment never produce full head of hair. if one on them told that maybe after 2 years it’s available in asia then i think that after 2 years im completely bald and then i don’t need their treatment anymore. i understood that they can reverse hairloss (hopefully) but their treatment never produce new hair and it sucks in my opinion. so, they are probably worthless to me.

if ari doesn’t get acceptable results then i’m gonna think to ht more and more. actually i have thought about the ht a lot and i have choosed a fue ht doc whom im probably going to visit but i wanna wait atm, i wanna see what near future/months brings to us. i have all my hopes on ari right now.

to be honest - i little afraid to have a ht. i afraid that those results what i can get isn’t good enough (i have learned that if i don’t wanna use the drugs, then everything is more bad and (permanent) shockloss is very common). i never haven’t had a lot of hair in my head like some people have and i afraid that i don’t have good enough donor to fix all my balding areas :S if i cant fix all my balding areas then ht isn’t worth to try at all (just waste of money, time, feelings, …)

everything seems so dark at the moment.

recently i saw one wideo and this video is available in youtube as well. it’s just too crazy how fast the baldness may become.
http://www.youtube.com/user/HillieBillyMan check out this video if you havent seen it (its not me in this video) and you can see yourself. balding sucks. scientists should do something really fast to fight this stupid thing.

So Histogen has “stabilized” Wnt protein and “naturally secreted growth factors”… wonderful. Except that if you put that on the head as a topical, or inject it, you are still trying to grow hairs in an MPB environment with DHT and factors tending to reduce the phase of hair growth… In other words, Histogen doesn’t even do what HM once claimed to do.

HM was about creating new hairs or inducing old follicles to grow by injecting cells that are immune to DHT. But Histogen is just using some naturally occurring “growth factors” to stimulate new follicle growth… in an environment that we know is trying to kill the follicles!! Therefore it can’t be any better than Rogaine, Finasteride, or Dutasteride. Histogen is just another in a long line of “miracle” hair tonics… lotions and potions that you’re supposed to slather on your head and watch the hair grow. But where’s the proof? None has been presented thus far.

As for Follica, it’s just vaporware and sustained hype at this point. This is a company that doesn’t even know yet what it’s own product consists of. They are LOOSELY based on Dr. Cotsarelis’ research. And by the way, his research keeps changing every 5 months… There was a point where he was making like 3-4 new “breakthrough” discoveries every year and then no doubt shopping each one around to start-up biotech firms to sell… Each discovery was touted as a potential “cure” for MPB. Great, only none of his “discoveries” has yet panned out. Histogen bought into only one of his claims, and now they’re scrambling around trying to figure out how they can cash in on it. Problem is, it hasn’t yet demonstrated that it can grow any significant hair.

» WHERE ARE THE PATENTS???

First off you are a piec of sht. I bet I can smack you into next week like the little btch you are…patent that

» » WHERE ARE THE PATENTS???
»
»
» First off you are a piec of sht. I bet I can smack you into next week
» like the little b
tch you are…patent that

patent confirmed

I cringe how you mix hints of truth with lies to lure people your way. First off, Histogen is nothing like rogaine or propecia because those two drugs seldom regrow hair in the back and they virtually never regrow anything in the front. Secondly, Dr Cotserallis is free to make any amount of “breakthrough” discoveries he wishes. If one of those discoveries yields’ success with Follica - great. If another yields something more effective - even better. Unlike yourself, he’s a smart man, and he’s not inhibited by a one-track mind (such as in your case - shilling HTs). I rather see someone continually work on something new rather than secretly peddling something old (like HTs)

In the end it doesn’t matter what was said above because you’ll just find a way to skew it in your favor.The way you mix lies with truth is comparable to the demon from the exorcist. Everytime I read your posts I think of this quote:
Father Merrin: Especially important is the warning to avoid conversations with the demon. We may ask what is relevant but anything beyond that is dangerous. He is a liar. The demon is a liar. He will lie to confuse us. But he will also mix lies with the truth to attack us. The attack is psychological, Damien, and powerful. So don’t listen to him. Remember that - do not listen.

» So Histogen has “stabilized” Wnt protein and “naturally secreted growth
» factors”… wonderful. Except that if you put that on the head as a
» topical, or inject it, you are still trying to grow hairs in an MPB
» environment with DHT and factors tending to reduce the phase of hair
» growth… In other words, Histogen doesn’t even do what HM once claimed to
» do.
»
» HM was about creating new hairs or inducing old follicles to grow by
» injecting cells that are immune to DHT. But Histogen is just using some
» naturally occurring “growth factors” to stimulate new follicle growth… in
» an environment that we know is trying to kill the follicles!! Therefore
» it can’t be any better than Rogaine, Finasteride, or Dutasteride. Histogen
» is just another in a long line of “miracle” hair tonics… lotions and
» potions that you’re supposed to slather on your head and watch the hair
» grow. But where’s the proof? None has been presented thus far.
»
» As for Follica, it’s just vaporware and sustained hype at this point.
» This is a company that doesn’t even know yet what it’s own product consists
» of. They are LOOSELY based on Dr. Cotsarelis’ research. And by the way,
» his research keeps changing every 5 months… There was a point where he
» was making like 3-4 new “breakthrough” discoveries every year and then no
» doubt shopping each one around to start-up biotech firms to sell… Each
» discovery was touted as a potential “cure” for MPB. Great, only none of
» his “discoveries” has yet panned out. Histogen bought into only one of
» his claims, and now they’re scrambling around trying to figure out how they
» can cash in on it. Problem is, it hasn’t yet demonstrated that it can
» grow any significant hair.

I almost never post here, but I’ve been driven to do so by this clown.

Roger_That is about the most obvious shill I’ve ever come across. It’s really disgusting. What kind of person can live with getting paid to convince desperate people there is no hope for them? Seriously, whoever is behind this should examine their life, cause you are far sadder than any of us.

If the Administrator had an ounce of dignity he would check the logs and track this scums IP. I’d bet he’s posting all this from work (AKA the transplant clinic). Call them out. Unless of course, you’re getting paid to let this douche prey on people who have come here for help.

He’ll make an essay about how s*** it is, creating myths. With his effort it is so obvious he has an interest for his biased information to be authoritive.

And sadly some people will take the information on board and remove there faculty to free think and make up there own minds.

» I think you’re afraid one of these companies will put cowardly SHILLs like
» you out of business.
» So STFU; nobody reads or believes any of your diarrhetic tripe anyways.
»
» » These are two companies which really seem to be a lot of hype. Long
» on
» » promises, but short on evidence. In fact, VERY long on promises,
» because
» » neither of them has yet even proved their CONCEPT, much less put
» anything
» » on the market.
» »
» » It’s one thing for a company to put up a website, get a bunch of
» “experts”
» » together and have someone draw pretty, multi-colored diagrams of what
» they
» » THINK will happen when you slather their chemical of as-yet-unknown
» » composition on your head. It’s another thing to sit around and wait
» 8-10
» » years for them to actually prove it grows substantial amounts of hair
» that
» » will cosmetically improve your appearance better than Finasteride or
» » Rogaine… and get it approved by the FDA.
» »
» » Please, these companies are just trading on everyone’s hopes, dreams,
» and
» » exhaustion today.
» »
» » If I ask anyone here, what is the EXACT CHEMICAL COMPOSITION of
» Histogen
» » or Follica’s supposed compounds… what will you say??? What will THEY
» » say???
» »
» » That the chemical compositions are still “up in the air”, “undecided”,
» “in
» » development”???
» »
» » WHERE ARE THE PATENTS??? Can anyone point to a patent that shows
» exactly
» » what “Histogen” or “Follica” is composed of… I mean molecular
» structure,
» » chemical formula, etc.?
» »
» » No? I didn’t think so.
» »
» » They shouldn’t have to worry about anyone copying their stuff and
» selling
» » it, if the compositions are patentable.
» »
» » I’m guessing maybe they don’t have patented drug formulas because they
» » haven’t even developed them yet?
» »
» » If so, aren’t a lot of people here just living on the slimmest hype?
» »
» » And I am NOT talking about a patent for a concept that “might be used
» » later on”… I’m talking about patented chemical formulas which they
» plan
» » on using in their products NOW… or whenever the h#ll they plan on
» » selling it, which might be 10 years from now… if everything goes
» » perfectly well.
» »
» » (By the way, I won’t even mention Acell, which is the biggest farce to
» » come down the pike since that doctor from Mexico…)
» »
» » Sheesh.

Somebody, please ban this guy.

More and more guys are choosing transplants… This is technology that WORKS, not some hazy dream in the far-off future!

» More and more guys are choosing transplants… This is technology that
» WORKS, not some hazy dream in the far-off future!

It WORKS so well, as a matter of fact, that most of the guys who got HTs wind up back in the HM section in search of something to cover their butchered scalps.