Home | News | Find a Doctor | Ask a Question | Free

Aderans


#1

As far as we know, Aderans is dead. But, Hairsite, would it be possible for you to forward some questions to them?
Here’s what I’d like to know. (Maybe other members of the forum have other questions):

  1. What’s happening with the phase II trials? As far as I know the results have never been published. Are we gonna be told what the outcome was?

  2. Even though Aderans appears to have failed, they must have learned SOMETHING from their trials. What’s happening with that information? Are they gonna conduct further research themselves, or are they gonna sell their findings to another company?

  3. Was their protocol similar to Angela Christiano and Colin Jahoda’s? (They created brand new follicles towards the end of 2013.) And - if so - could Christiano and Jahoda learn something from Aderans that would speed up their research?


#2

good post.
after the aderans disaster it would definitely be helpful if they would share there experiments and results and so on so that other researchers could catch onto that.
but sadly, i believe they will never share their stuff unless you offer them a lot of cash. it’s a shame how this story ended


#3

I hope they contact Dr. Nigam and continue with the research through him.

Personally I think he’ll accomplish more with his trial & error experimentation
than Aderans did in 10+ years of research & $150+ millions of dollars.

I hope the picture of Washneik & Nigam at some hair conference was more than
just a photo op.

Otherwise Aderans is at the end of their rope.


#4

[quote][postedby]Originally Posted by News[/postedby]
As far as we know, Aderans is dead. But, Hairsite, would it be possible for you to forward some questions to them?
Here’s what I’d like to know. (Maybe other members of the forum have other questions):

  1. What’s happening with the phase II trials? As far as I know the results have never been published. Are we gonna be told what the outcome was?

  2. Even though Aderans appears to have failed, they must have learned SOMETHING from their trials. What’s happening with that information? Are they gonna conduct further research themselves, or are they gonna sell their findings to another company?

  3. Was their protocol similar to Angela Christiano and Colin Jahoda’s? (They created brand new follicles towards the end of 2013.) And - if so - could Christiano and Jahoda learn something from Aderans that would speed up their research?[/quote]

They are running a business, I can almost guarantee they will not share any details with anyone unless required by law to do so. What they are planning to do now (I guess) is to repackage their patents and knowledge and sell the idea to some other investors or pharmaceutical companies who are willing to take this to the next phase.


#5

[quote]
[postedby]Originally Posted by helpmeout[/postedby]

They are running a business, I can almost guarantee they will not share any details with anyone unless required by law to do so. What they are planning to do now (I guess) is to repackage their patents and knowledge and sell the idea to some other investors or pharmaceutical companies who are willing to take this to the next phase.[/quote]

If they are smart they should team up with Nigam and start new trials in India where the regulations are more lenient.


#6

If Aderans is smart they will sell the research to someone else.

If “someone else” is smart they will devote more than 5 minutes to understanding why Aderans couldn’t make it work before they start trying more variations on it. The fact that ARI bailed after $150 million invested suggests there is something seriously wrong with Ji Gami with no solution in sight.


#7

[quote][postedby]Originally Posted by cal[/postedby]
If Aderans is smart they will sell the research to someone else.

If “someone else” is smart they will devote more than 5 minutes to understanding why Aderans couldn’t make it work before they start trying more variations on it. The fact that ARI bailed after $150 million invested suggests there is something seriously wrong with Ji Gami with no solution in sight.[/quote]

Cal or anyone here, I only check this section of the board once in a while, why couldn’t Aderans make it work before trying more variations on it? Just curious.


#8

has anyone contacted Washenik or Aderans to find out what the status of
Aderans Scientific and their hair research is?

Have they really shut it down for good?


#9

[quote][postedby]Originally Posted by cal[/postedby]
If Aderans is smart they will sell the research to someone else.

If “someone else” is smart they will devote more than 5 minutes to understanding why Aderans couldn’t make it work before they start trying more variations on it. The fact that ARI bailed after $150 million invested suggests there is something seriously wrong with Ji Gami with no solution in sight.[/quote]

Cal why did Aderans bail?


#10

New management at the Aderans corporation was the specific reason at the time they killed Aderans Research Institute.

Realistically they bailed because the results probably just weren’t there. They haven’t released specifics of the phase#2 trials yet but we know they kept extending that phase and trying more & more stuff, which points to a lack of results.

Reading between the lines suggests a treatment that was unable to do anything more than Finasteride. (Yes WE would absolutely love to get our hands on that. But we aren’t the mainstream buyers. The results were looking a long way from the “designer hair” that the investors were originally hoping for a decade ago.) And even those results seemed to have major consistency problems that weren’t getting solved year after year.

They were looking at an expensive product, an expensive phase#3, and sh*tty results when they happened at all. The commercial market didn’t think a whole lot of Finasteride itself, let alone something more expensive that doesn’t reliably match it.

The fact of the matter is the public won’t put big money into MPB treatment until somebody can bring back long-lost hair in cosmetically significant amounts. Aderans wasn’t getting that from their HM program.