Aderans... hm in a near future

A Bald President? Taboos are not Easily Broken

Being bald is a liability when it come to power in position of work and authority.

Beverly Hills, CA (PRWEB) January 25, 2008 – We’ve had no hair-impaired president since Ike! Now after 50 years, things are not about to change any time soon. In a culture that is celebrity saturated and hypercritical of physical attributes, it seems more unlikely than ever that we would elect a bald president. And until recently, we were faced with a number of balding candidates this time around - Fred Thompson, Rudy Giuliani, and John McCain.

“Baldness is a liability of sorts,” says James Rosen of FOX news (3-27-07). “We judge men by the choices they make in how they deal with their baldness.” He further cites the “Bald Hall of Fame” on www.baldrus.com, but as yet, none of our current candidates has been inducted - mercifully. However, he feels that it is not a small issue in presidential politics. Lyndon B. Johnson may have had a “prominent forehead” according to Rosen, but “his hairline was, like his elusive Vietcong adversaries, prone to retreat but never to full surrender.”

Authors such as Richard Shenkman (Legends, Lies & Cherished Myths of American History and Presidential Ambition) remind us of the 1960 inception of the television presidency with J.F.K. Traditional values went out the window as Americans, who had based their voting decisions on party affiliation and other traditional criteria, became addicted to images. Conversely, the candidates remade themselves to suit the new visibility created by the media.

It is no surprise that a naked pate ranks high in the list of physical liabilities. Baldness has long been associated with age, lack of sex appeal, and a lack of youthful vigor. However absurd this association may be, such attitudes has spawned a 7 billion dollar per year business in hair-loss treatments and restoration products.

Hair replacement, once a quiet backwater with little connection to the cosmetic enhancement market, is suddenly being propelled onto a larger stage in line with anti-aging trends. According to the National Hair Journal, "suddenly it finds itself part of a burgeoning anti-aging landscape that includes products like Color Camo from Redken Corp., which claims, ‘it’ll seem like you slowly turned back time,’ and Just for Men, whose Rejuvenator products contain ‘X-Gray science’ to target gray hair.’

The anti-aging crusade is fueling the hair transplantation industry as companies like Bosley are reporting record high consumer demand. It is not surprising. The journal Plastic Surgery Products says that "data recently released by the AACS clearly shows that hair transplantation was the most popular aesthetic surgical procedure among men, overshadowing liposuction by about 250% and blepharoplasty by more than 400%. “Most men will agree that the biggest ‘bang’ for their aesthetic buck will be the youthful vitality that a full head of hair provides.”

The International Society of Hair Restoration Surgery (ISHRS) has compiled its own statistics on consumer attitudes toward hair loss and concludes that 63% of adults would be concerned about noticeable hair loss if they were divorced and had to start dating again. This indicates that hair loss, aging, and a youthful appearance are inextricably linked, adding a psychological dimension to the data of the other studies. Furthermore, in a 2006 study funded by Merck & Co., 57% of the over 2,000 men polled said they would be willing to give up something valuable in exchange for more hair. 21% would be willing to give up their cell phones for a few more locks!

Bosley’s statistics show that cosmetic procedures such as hair transplantation are growing rapidly for men (and women). Furthermore, our research in cell-based follicular multiplication (hair cloning) will help to meet this demand in the near future and expand the market to more hair restoration candidates than ever before.
John Ohanesian, President and CEO, states, “While Bosley feels that voters should select candidates based on their qualifications, the company has helped numerous celebrities and politicians deal with image issues and stands ready to continue in that endeavor to help remove hair loss as a focal point of discussion in election campaigns.”

About Bosley
Bosley enters its 34th year in surgical hair transplantation in 2008 with over 200,000 procedures performed since 1974 – the world’s most experienced hair restoration expert. Bosley advanced many of the artistic techniques used worldwide today to achieve natural results under the leadership of hair restoration pioneer L. Lee Bosley, M.D. There are eighty-eight locations throughout the U.S., Canada and Mexico.

I remember that aderans had buy an option for the distribution of the TRC in usa… so if one day trc will be commercialized in usa, i think that icx need a large net of distribution like aderans… they speak about a near future… waiting for the results of 18 march…

ps
the journalist speak about ISHR and Merck, seems to know what he’s writing…

yah, within 5 years everything’s possible :slight_smile:

And within 5 years is a near future :smiley:

» yah, within 5 years everything’s possible :slight_smile:

Qutoe:

hair transplantation industry as companies like Bosley are reporting record high consumer demand.”

I find the above statement very, very hard to believe. More and more men do research and go to private doctors than ever, like the ones discussed on this site. I really, really, really doubt Bosley is doing record business, because Aderans isn’t doing well at all. Aderans would call it a “bright spot” etc, if they were. They are not. Buzzcuts are killing the transplant and wig business. Until the hair restoration industry can come up with a MUCH BETTER product, most men will head to K-mart and buy clippers and forget about it. After they have worn that buzz for a few years and everybody knows they are bald(ing), it takes alot more gumption to go back and “do something”. It would take a real hair multiplication to get these long-term buzzcutters to do anything upstairs. Ohanisian is almost assuredly LYING

I wouldn’t believe John Ohanasian if he told me it was raining outside and I could hear the water hitting the roof. I’d still check. Do any of you guys remember watching that oily guy with the comb-over transplant on Donny Deutch?

By stating that its “just around the corner”, they get more men to get transplants IN THE NOW, regardless of whether HM happens and is successful or not. Folks would be very prudent to wait until Intercytex has completed phase two if they are “outside” candidates for a hair transplant. I wouldnt get one unless I was a good candidate for one without any other advances in hairloss. I sure as hell wouldn’t get a strip-scar job from Bosley, a mill if there ever was one.

Aderans has been promising the moon for years, and given people who follow the technology hardly any updates at all. It does not inspire confidence that they havent loudly and publically informed everyone they are in a human trial or not either, and that Stenn took off to work with Follica. If we get HM in the near term, it will likely be ICX.

» After they have worn that
» buzz for a few years and everybody knows they are bald(ing), it takes alot
» more gumption to go back and “do something”. It would take a real hair
» multiplication to get these long-term buzzcutters to do anything upstairs.

I agree 100%. When I made the decission to buzz it off 3 1/2 years ago, I knew full well there’d be no going back. HM (or another theoretically equally effective procedure) is the only option. The wait goes on…

If I think you are a MOD…

» If I think you are a MOD…

Aderans bought Bosley years ago. Aderans is a Japanese wig/hair business that has salons all over Japan much like our own “HairClub for Men” here. They have “regrowth” programs like HairClub has (EXT or extreme hair therapy). Like HairClub, Aderans is suffering pretty badly right now. Men just buzz it and wait for a real cure. Men know about zip scars, etc. these days through the internet and aren’t led like labs to the slaughter into doctors chairs that they should have never have gotten into.

I dont believe Bosley at all when they say business is up. I bet business is up for independent surgeons who have extensive photo galleries and perform FUE transplants like those who are on this site in the transplant forum and at HLT and HLH, but not Bosley. Bosley recently aquired Medical Hair Restoration, an outfit with an even worse reputation than Bosley had for bad (and overpriced) work via strip scar-only transplants.

» If I think you are a MOD…
:smiley:

If I think I’m an ADMIN…:frowning: :frowning:
:slight_smile:

» If I think I’m an ADMIN…:frowning: :frowning:
:D… te bannerei…

I don’t understand you guys. Why would it be so hard to believe that Bosley’s business is up?

It seems like every twentysomething in America is starting to consider a NW#2 to be an unfortunate loss rather than normal growing up. The metro trend implies that males are still supposed to be able to pass for 19 when they’re 31.

And at the same time there’s a lot of feeling in the air that overall hair loss is hitting earlier & harder than ever before. Not all of them can shave their heads down and look just as good as before.

And at the same time as all this, rates of males paying money for cosmetic things in general is climbing fast.

Ma quanti siamo qua dentro?

Didn’t know you guys were Italian… Where are you from?

benji:
Aderans has been promising the moon for years, and given people who follow the technology hardly any updates at all. It does not inspire confidence that they havent loudly and publically informed everyone they are in a human trial or not either

I emailed www.clinicalhairtrial.com in January to ask if Aderans finished their first phase (they were supposed to oversee Aderans’s Phase One trials). I wasn’t expecting details; I just wanted to know if Aderans was actually doing anything. I was really hoping someone might tell me they’re onto Phase Two (because that would, at least, indicate aderans was seeing results with their treatment) Some fella by the name of Robert J. Sexauer told me… umm… nothing…

Information relating to the Aderans Phase 1 trial will be released directly By Aderans Research in the USA. We have completed the UK portion of the trial and will be in compliance with NHS guidelines for reporting data results directly with them.

The data analysis period will not yield results until at least sometime this spring. Aderans will post an announcement about the trial when the analysis is completed. Presently, there is not any additional information available.

benji:
and that Stenn took off to work with Follica. If we get HM in the near term, it will likely be ICX.

Damn!!! that’s news to me. Where did you read about that Benji?? Dr. Stenn had the most trust-worthy face on aderan’s team.