Aderans Bioabsorbable Scaffolds- Reviewed

Aderans Research Institute was issued a patent on April 3,2007 for their bioabsorbable scaffolds. These scaffolds are used in hair cloning procedures to ensure that the cultured cells are kept in place in order for a new hair follicle to be formed.

According to the patent: The “bioabsorbable scaffolds are useful for the tissue engineering of new hair follicles and to methods for their manufacture and to methods of their use in creating new hair. More specifically it relates to new and useful bioabsorbable porous structures that have the correct architecture to facilitate culturing of the appropriate follicle progenitor cells and their development into normal, functional, hair-producing follicles. The invention also relates to methods of making and using bioabsorbable scaffolds to implant and grow new hair follicles in vitro and in vivo.”

“These tiny scaffolds are essentially the key to being able to grow new hair follicles because without them the cells cannot be held together after being injected into the scalp. New hair follicles get created in a specific process that results from the interaction between different cells. If these cells cannot be held together in the same place by some mechanism, then they will simply disperse from the point of injection and no new hair follicle will be formed.”

So if ARI already knew that there was a missing link to using just dermal cells and they aquire ICX-TRC (already in phase II trials) would that put ARI in a position to release some form of hybrid TRC protocol in a reasonable ammount of time (If it worked)? Or would ARI have to start clinical trials all over?

Then it makes perfect sense for Aderans to collaborate with ICX especially when there is some sort of agreement between Bosley and ICX already.

so, this means aderans will work for sure? we have just to wait some years (3-5 I guess)?

» so, this means aderans will work for sure? we have just to wait some years
» (3-5 I guess)?

By that time, follica will be sure to have something already.

why are you so hopeful about follica? they could fail as intercytex does

» why are you so hopeful about follica? they could fail as intercytex does

Very true. Thats why I want them to get into human trials over the summer and get on with it. 20 men or so…see what they’ve got and photograph it.

“results” dont give away any “trade secrets” or “sensitive commercial information”, they just let people know if something works a little, alot, or none at all.

If Follica doesnt work in humans…it will be HM or nothing. There is no other indication on the horizon that “makes” hairs. The only things in clincal trials right now are dutasteride in phase 3, the foam, roxythromicyn (should be done by now), and neosil or whatever (another stimulant)…thats it. Nothing that will “make” new hair

If you haven’t burned your scalp or something like that, you should not need to worry about making new hair. You still have it all there. It’s just tiny small peach fuzz.

» If you haven’t burned your scalp or something like that, you should not
» need to worry about making new hair. You still have it all there. It’s
» just tiny small peach fuzz.

this sounds new to me, I thought that hair follicle will dead definitely some year after the “fall off”

» this sounds new to me, I thought that hair follicle will dead definitely
» some year after the “fall off”

Thats what HT doctors say - in reality they just minitaurize…so small you hardly can see them. I am NW6 but I when I stand under light I can see really small hair all over my NW1 region. If only we could make 'em bigger again :frowning:

Interesting. There is a good chance Intercytex is negotiating with Aderans right now , it does make a lot of sense for the two companies to work together.