Adding Junk to Rogaine

Hey all,

I have been reading, then losing track of posts about all these new formulas of minox where some doc makes it 6% and adds rosemary oil and all that stuff.

If we just a bottle of rogaine 5% around, does it make sense to go get some of these oils and add a few drops?

If so, what oils and how much?

I keep hearing rosemary, lavender and now this black cumin stuff.

These oils are cheap at health food stores and if it’s beneficial I would love to just save a ton of money.

But, I’m really not sure if you can add a drop of something to rogaine 5% without doing something to it. I hear a lot of you guys talking about making extracts on the stove and things like that.

Any input would be appreciated, I know there are lots of readers and contributors here who know a lot about this stuff.

HH

the “classic” essential oils are cedarwood, lavender, rosemary, and thyme in that order.

Cedarwood oil is in some patents for the reduction of sebum. It also gets oxygen to peripheral tissues according to some of what Ive read before. Its known to be anti-bacterial and anti-fungal.

Lavender has been shown to block the androgen receptor and stimulate the estrogen receptor in cell lines by the New England Journal of Medicine

Rosemary is a noted anti-oxidant

Thyme inhibits some prostaglandins

About 1% concentration of each would be alot. The lavender in the NEJM tests had its maximum effect at .5% concentration, or one half of one percent. So in a 60ml bottle of minox, you would be looking at perhaps half a ml (dropper half full) at the most of each one. Shake up well before each usage. To be honest, about a quarter of the dropper-full of each oil squirted into the bottle (shake up well before each use) would probably be more-than-sufficient.

Warning: the thmyme and rosemary do have some smell, particularily the thyme. If you use nizoral a couple of days a week (leave in for a couple of minutes), you could probably skip the thyme

Hey hopefull, in my opinion…anything to make a sale. And can’t make a sale of selling the same shyt over again. So they say “let’s add something to it…some garbage and people will think it’s THAT stuff that makes the difference”.

Minox is the main ingredient, anything else is uncivilized :slight_smile:

» Hey hopefull, in my opinion…anything to make a sale. And can’t make a
» sale of selling the same shyt over again. So they say “let’s add something
» to it…some garbage and people will think it’s THAT stuff that makes the
» difference”.
»
» Minox is the main ingredient, anything else is uncivilized :slight_smile:

Thanks for responding. I hear you loud and clear. I have been reading a lot about essential oils and since they are so cheap I wanted to know about dumping them in my rogaine.

My big question is can you put a few drops of lavender and rosemary into rogaine will it ruin the oils or can the rogaine get counter acted by the presence of the oils.

Most posts say to combine the oils into a carrier oil like grape seed or jojoba. I just want to dump in my rogaine and forget it.

» the “classic” essential oils are cedarwood, lavender, rosemary, and thyme
» in that order.
»
»
» Cedarwood oil is in some patents for the reduction of sebum. It also gets
» oxygen to peripheral tissues according to some of what Ive read before. Its
» known to be anti-bacterial and anti-fungal.
»
» Lavender has been shown to block the androgen receptor and stimulate the
» estrogen receptor in cell lines by the New England Journal of Medicine
»
» Rosemary is a noted anti-oxidant
»
» Thyme inhibits some prostaglandins
»
»
»
» About 1% concentration of each would be alot. The lavender in the NEJM
» tests had its maximum effect at .5% concentration, or one half of one
» percent. So in a 60ml bottle of minox, you would be looking at perhaps half
» a ml (dropper half full) at the most of each one. Shake up well before each
» usage. To be honest, about a quarter of the dropper-full of each oil
» squirted into the bottle (shake up well before each use) would probably be
» more-than-sufficient.
»
» Warning: the thmyme and rosemary do have some smell, particularily the
» thyme. If you use nizoral a couple of days a week (leave in for a couple of
» minutes), you could probably skip the thyme

thanks for the reply,

I went and got the oils. Most articles online say you must put them into a carrier oil like jojoba or grape seed. Do you think dumping them into rogain ruins them or the rogaine?

thanks