Add Lysine to Propecia, better growth

Thanks to Ipod suggestion, I added Lysine to Propecia and it is giving me better growth. Just want to share that with everyone.

Also, Rogaine foam is good but the key for me is to use just a little. If I use too much I tend to lose a lot of hair the next morning. I don’t know why.

» Thanks to Ipod suggestion, I added Lysine to Propecia and it is giving me
» better growth. Just want to share that with everyone.
»
» Also, Rogaine foam is good but the key for me is to use just a little. If
» I use too much I tend to lose a lot of hair the next morning. I don’t know
» why.

The use of a little or a lot arguement is not physically possible as you described. When hairs go in the resting phase they stay attached in the scalp for several weeks before they fall out. Hair on your pillow started the shed process many weeks prior.

:slight_smile:

» » Thanks to Ipod suggestion, I added Lysine to Propecia and it is giving
» me
» » better growth. Just want to share that with everyone.
» »
» » Also, Rogaine foam is good but the key for me is to use just a little.
» If
» » I use too much I tend to lose a lot of hair the next morning. I don’t
» know
» » why.
»
» The use of a little or a lot arguement is not physically possible as you
» described. When hairs go in the resting phase they stay attached in the
» scalp for several weeks before they fall out. Hair on your pillow started
» the shed process many weeks prior.

Sure it is. I think too much causes my scalp to itch very badly and I lost more hair that way when I keep scratching my scalp.

» :slight_smile:

It 's not placebo effect. Others have used Lysine too with better results than Propecia alone.

» » :slight_smile:
»
» It 's not placebo effect. Others have used Lysine too with better results
» than Propecia alone.

Yep, Propecia works better with lysine. I don’t know why. It was hairsite who recommended that. But it is really working better than Propecia alone.

lysine: how much a day?

» lysine: how much a day?

I take 1000 a day or if I feel like I am developing a sore throat, I take 1500 - 2000 mg a day.

» » It 's not placebo effect. Others have used Lysine too with
» » better results than Propecia alone.
»
» Yep, Propecia works better with lysine. I don’t know why. It was hairsite
» who recommended that. But it is really working better than Propecia alone.

It’s a smarmy, cynical effort to make money on the part of that Web site which first made the silly claim that lysine has any effect on hair growth. There’s not a whit of scientific evidence to support it, there’s only an anecdote or two from people who were gullible enough to believe their claim.

I must confess that I took lysine (1g a day) for a year. Well, I stopped it some 6 months ago and I don’t believe I’ve seen any serious difference. Same with arginin and ornithin. But maybe these aminoacids give a little push though… Brian, what’s your take about arginin, ornithin, phenylalanin, taurine …?

» Brian, what’s your take about arginin, ornithin,
» phenylalanin, taurine …?

I don’t know of any actual scientific evidence that amino acids in general assist or stimulate hair growth, and I’m not saying this from any lack of effort in trying to find something about it: I spent an afternoon once doing searches on PubMed for any such evidence, and wasn’t able to find anything specifically having to do with hair growth (although there may well be other legitimate health reasons to take supplements of some of those amino acids).

Having said all that, I imagine that even Dr. Proctor might well be amenable to taking a reasonable supplement of arginine, considering how that’s a precursor to nitric oxide, which he thinks highly of for hair issues! :wink:

Bryan, in the articles you may have come across that afternoon, do you remember of any convincing study about an enhanced production of growth hormone from arginin and/or ornithin? Or is it rigmarole?

» » Brian, what’s your take about arginin, ornithin,
» » phenylalanin, taurine …?
»
» I don’t know of any actual scientific evidence that amino acids in general
» assist or stimulate hair growth, and I’m not saying this from any lack of
» effort in trying to find something about it: I spent an afternoon once
» doing searches on PubMed for any such evidence, and wasn’t able to find
» anything specifically having to do with hair growth (although there may
» well be other legitimate health reasons to take supplements of some of
» those amino acids).
»
» Having said all that, I imagine that even Dr. Proctor might well be
» amenable to taking a reasonable supplement of arginine, considering how
» that’s a precursor to nitric oxide, which he thinks highly of for hair
» issues! :wink:
»

People who believe in HGH or human growth hormone are the ones who think amino acids can regrow hair. I think it only works if you are 50 and older

» » » Brian, what’s your take about arginin, ornithin,
» » » phenylalanin, taurine …?
» »
» » I don’t know of any actual scientific evidence that amino acids in
» general
» » assist or stimulate hair growth, and I’m not saying this from any lack
» of
» » effort in trying to find something about it: I spent an afternoon once
» » doing searches on PubMed for any such evidence, and wasn’t able to find
» » anything specifically having to do with hair growth (although there may
» » well be other legitimate health reasons to take supplements of some of
» » those amino acids).
» »
» » Having said all that, I imagine that even Dr. Proctor might well be
» » amenable to taking a reasonable supplement of arginine, considering how
» » that’s a precursor to nitric oxide, which he thinks highly of for hair
» » issues! :wink:
» »

US Patent 6136860
Applicant: Bio-Scientific Ltd., London, UK

An English biotech company was recently issued a US patent for the use of L-Lysine in the treatment of various types of hair loss, including androgenic alopecia. Following are excerpts from the patent itself.
 "Studies involving the administration according to the present invention of L-lysine to those suffering from increased hair shedding show a remarkable increase in scalp hair growth."
 "Typically, the L-lysine is administered in a daily dose of from 200 to 2000 mg, and more usually in a daily dose of 500 to 1500 mg, e.g. in the form of a 500 mg dose administered orally once, twice or three times a day. L-lysine may conveniently be administered orally, for example as tablets, capsules."
 "We have also discovered that administration of lysine to patients results in a dramatic increase in the efficacy of known treatments for genetic hair loss (which term covers a number of conditions variously referred to as androgen-dependent alopecia, androgenic alopecia, androgenetic alopecia, common baldness, female baldness, diffuse hair loss and male pattern baldness)."
 "Thus, in a further aspect of the present invention there is provided a kit including a plurality of separate containers, each containing at least one active agent useful in a combination therapy for the treatment of genetic hair loss, wherein said kit includes L-lysine and at least one further active agent selected from minoxidil, anti-androgens, 5.alpha.-reductase inhibitors, aromatase inhibitors."
 "The co-administration of L-lysine with known treatments for genetic hair loss such as minoxidil and anti-androgens results in a significant improvement in the efficacy of the treatment." 

»
» People who believe in HGH or human growth hormone are the ones who think
» amino acids can regrow hair. I think it only works if you are 50 and older

» An English biotech company was recently issued a US patent for the
» use of L-Lysine in the treatment of various types of hair loss, including
» androgenic alopecia.

Yeah, I know. It’s been discussed for a long time on hairloss sites. I think it’s pure poppycock.

» Bryan, in the articles you may have come across that afternoon, do you
» remember of any convincing study about an enhanced production of growth
» hormone from arginin and/or ornithin? Or is it rigmarole?

It certainly works when given in large intravenous doses (30 grams), because that’s the standard lab test for GH responsiveness. But things get a lot more uncertain and unpredictable when given in smaller oral doses. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn’t.

I finally came across this link that says lysine is good for hair ,

A deficiency of Lysine has been found to cause tiredness, lack of concentration, irritability, hair loss, anemia and reproductive problems. It has also been reported that too little lysine in a diet can result in kidney stones.