Actually thinking of moving over to scalp tattooing

A few years ago I would have never taken this idea seriously, but lately it looks like most of our options are either research dead-ends, poorly funded projects or experimental drugs that will provide only weak results once they’re finally approved (and that still may take years for most of them).

What do people here think about scalp tattooing as an option? How about the idea of combining scalp tattoos with some hair transplants in the same areas? In that case, you would still keep your hair very short, and the transplanted hair could blend in with the tattoos. As the real hair grows a little, it could enhance the “realistic” look and feel of the tattoos.

I’ve seen a few of those. You can spot them from a mile away.
Maybe they won’t look as bad if you combine them with a hair transplant, but I do wonder what they’re going to look like when you get older and your remaining/transplanted hair turns white.

I think the best option is using a Hairclipper. You get the job done fast and doesn’t look weird.

Not the way I like to look but things are they way they are and not they way we would like them to be.

It’s good to think of worst case scenario options but let’s see what sheisido/repl and histogen have to offer in a couple yrs.

[quote][postedby]Originally Posted by roger_that[/postedby]
How about the idea of combining scalp tattoos with some hair transplants in the same areas? In that case, you would still keep your hair very short, and the transplanted hair could blend in with the tattoos. As the real hair grows a little, it could enhance the “realistic” look and feel of the tattoos.[/quote]

I don’t think that’s just an ‘idea’, I think that’s the only way that they might help - to use tattoos by themselves is ridiculous in my view as I think people will easily pick them out as fake.

Of course they still have problems of fading and there is the question of what is in the dye - but I do think using them as ‘thickening’ in a thin transplant is worth looking into.

I think it depends how you look at it. I’ve just got Tattoe done on my scar with awesome result I can keep my hair shorter. One of my friends he keeps his hair number two and he just blent in with his own hairs it looks undetectable. I was considering doing my entire scalp but my hair loss is a lot more and I’ve to keep my hair number 1 for it to be undetectable. But I thought I was not going to be happy since the hair loss is a lot probably I’ve to shave it down to zero. I rather look bald naturally then shaving my head down to zero. In my opinion it looks ugly to shave the head to zero. So I decided to just cover the scar in the back of my head which came out awesome and undetectable. Also if you consider doing it make sure there are a lot inexperienced artist that don’t know how to approach it. My first session was in Germany which was horrible but luckily she used some sort of ink that didn’t even last a month or so. My second session I’ve done it about 8 months ago in Los Angeles which Was awesome. .

[quote]
[postedby]Originally Posted by Skywalker[/postedby]
but I do think using them as ‘thickening’ in a thin transplant is worth looking into.[/quote]

I see “the best” doctor doing exactly that on his dark skinned patients and it just confirms to me the charlatans that are in this crazy industry.

[quote][postedby]Originally Posted by mm12[/postedby]
I think it depends how you look at it. I’ve just got Tattoe done on my scar with awesome result I can keep my hair shorter. One of my friends he keeps his hair number two and he just blent in with his own hairs it looks undetectable. I was considering doing my entire scalp but my hair loss is a lot more and I’ve to keep my hair number 1 for it to be undetectable. But I thought I was not going to be happy since the hair loss is a lot probably I’ve to shave it down to zero. I rather look bald naturally then shaving my head down to zero. In my opinion it looks ugly to shave the head to zero. So I decided to just cover the scar in the back of my head which came out awesome and undetectable. Also if you consider doing it make sure there are a lot inexperienced artist that don’t know how to approach it. My first session was in Germany which was horrible but luckily she used some sort of ink that didn’t even last a month or so. My second session I’ve done it about 8 months ago in Los Angeles which Was awesome. .[/quote]

mm12, where did you get your tattoo done? How permanent is it and do you need to go back and re-apply the ink ? I need to do something with my strip scar also.

My scar was bothering me. I couldn’t keep my hair short. So I decided to do it and came out awesome. He suggested me to do the entire scalp but I didn’t like the idea of keeping the hair too short. If I had a little more scalp hairs left then probably but my goal was to cover my scalp. So far it didn’t fade away. Probably he told me I would need to come every 2 years or so if I’m not mistaking. But here’s his website www.dejavuhairla.com
He’s very honest guy.

“Abdout Us” :slight_smile:

I did a tattoo last year.
I already had 7000 grafts in total from many years back. the truth is i was debating whether to go for it or not. in then end i did, It looked great blending with with short hair. but matter of fact i keep losing more hair which meant i had to cut it down to zero.
But all in all, it’s much better than before and hardly detectable.
It’s a life changer in combination with a transplant, but i’m not sure i would do it on it’s own.