ACell – Spencer Kobrein’s Interview with Dr. Gary Hitzig

Source: Spencer Kobren Interviews Dr. Gary Hitzig – The Pioneer In Using ACell MatriStem For Hair Restoration | Hair Loss Radio Show: The Bald Truth

Spencer Kobren Interviews Dr. Gary Hitzig - The Pioneer In Using ACell MatriStem For Hair Restoration
November 6, 2010 by The Bald Truth

Hopes are high for the use of ACell’s MatriStem in the world of hair restoration, but hair loss sufferers need to understand that effective results are both user and protocol dependant. Only time will tell which physicians are utilizing these experimental techniques effectively, and as many of you know, recent history has shown that when used incorrectly this extracellular matrix is completely useless.

There are specific methods of application and maintenance that must be adhered to when utilizing ACell MatriStem in all of its applications, and hair restoration is no different.

It’s important for the hair loss community to be fully informed and to have an accurate history of today’s groundbreaking developments. We also think it’s important to pay homage to those in the field who are leading the way with these cutting edge developments.

There is no doubt that the original pioneer for the use of ACell MatriStem in hair restoration, is New York hair transplant surgeon Gary Hitzig, M.D., who has been experimenting with the product in his practice for the past couple of years.

On November 4, 2010 Spencer Kobren took the time to speak with Dr. Hitzig about his groundbreaking experiments and about the true history of the use of ACell MatriStem in the fight against hair loss.

Listen To The Interview: http://www.iahrs.org/news/spencer-kobren-interviews-gary-hitzig-acell/

THANKS to Spencer Kobren for this interview! :ok:

This guy knows his stuff.

1. Over six times plug and no side effects (thats good)
  2. People are different (i think this will be most prominent problem in the future, hope they found some way to categorize different types)

All i can say this is the most groundbreaking thing in tying to solve the MPB-problem.

And if People ask, Acell has FDA-Approval.

I highly recommend everybody here to listen to this interview and pay close, i mean close attention :expressionless:

And finally they talk about another effect, which gave the name to this procedure “auto cloning”

It is impressive that from 55 scar planted hairs grew 150, thats three times the amount of planted ones

And also important a “high chance” of reverse the minitiarisation process, a “high chance” its not definitely but there is a high chance. This is especially important for people who never hat a ht before.

Only downside, nobody knows if this is temporary or lifetime.

Nevertheless its so refreshing to hear good news

Great interview.

I note that he talked about a Canadian doctor (he must mean Dr. Jones) who used Acell improperly to try to improve a strip scar.

And the reasons Hitzig gave for why it didn’t do much if any good. were very much like the reasons those of us here were saying.

(I believe I even said how can u expect Acell to grow hair when it’s only in contact with scar cells? I mean, why not expect Acell to grow a fingernail or an ear in the scar, the cells of which–like the cells of hair follicles–ACell was also not in contact with in the scar?

» Source:
» http://www.thebaldtruth.com/news/spencer-kobren-interviews-dr-gary-hitzig-the-pioneer-in-using-acell-matristem-for-hair-restoration/
» ------------------------------------------------
» Spencer Kobren Interviews Dr. Gary Hitzig -
» The Pioneer In Using ACell MatriStem For Hair Restoration

» November 6, 2010 by The Bald Truth
»
» Hopes are high for the use of ACell’s MatriStem in the world of hair
» restoration, but hair loss sufferers need to understand that effective
» results are both user and protocol dependant. Only time will tell which
» physicians are utilizing these experimental techniques effectively, and as
» many of you know, recent history has shown that when used incorrectly this
» extracellular matrix is completely useless.
»
» There are specific methods of application and maintenance that must be
» adhered to when utilizing ACell MatriStem in all of its applications, and
» hair restoration is no different.
»
» It’s important for the hair loss community to be fully informed and to
» have an accurate history of today’s groundbreaking developments. We also
» think it’s important to pay homage to those in the field who are leading
» the way with these cutting edge developments.
»
» There is no doubt that the original pioneer for the use of ACell MatriStem
» in hair restoration, is New York hair transplant surgeon Gary Hitzig, M.D.,
» who has been experimenting with the product in his practice for the past
» couple of years.
»
» On November 4, 2010 Spencer Kobren took the time to speak with Dr. Hitzig
» about his groundbreaking experiments and about the true history of the use
» of ACell MatriStem in the fight against hair loss.
»
» Listen To The Interview:
» http://www.iahrs.org/news/spencer-kobren-interviews-gary-hitzig-acell/
» ------------------------------------------------
»
» THANKS to Spencer Kobren for this interview! :ok:

I knew Jones did not use the material properly. He did not apply the sheets often enough. The people at Acell told me that themselves…they told me that the wound should not “scab up” like the one in Jones’ experiment. I did post about that but didn’t want to “push it” on this forum for a few reasons:

1. I didn’t want to insult Jones…at least he was willing to try it!

2. I was not that confident that the Acell would regenerate hair even if
    it were used properly.

3. Several people on this forum were accusing me of being a “cheerleader”
    for Acell…I didn’t want to add fuel to their fire!

Here is my post about that:

http://www.hairsite.com/hair-loss/forum_entry-id-47373.html

(By the way, Ahab, your comment about scar tissue is also in this thread)

This is exactly why I wanted several doctors to test this material…people make mistakes. Here is my post about that:

http://www.hairsite.com/hair-loss/forum_entry-id-35207.html

Yes, Willy, I remember that some forum members pointed out that Dr. Jones was doing the experiment improperly.
But Jones said very clearly on his blog that he was in close contact with Acell, and he was following their instructions. And after the failed experiment, Jones was willing to make a second attempt, but Acell didn’t provide him with an alternative protocol.

So, who was lying?

» I knew Jones did not use the material properly. He did not apply the
» sheets often enough. The people at Acell told me that themselves…they
» told me that the wound should not “scab up” like the one in Jones’
» experiment. I did post about that but didn’t want to “push it” on this
» forum for a few reasons:
»
» 1) I didn’t want to insult Jones…at least he was willing to try it!
»
» 2) I was not that confident that the Acell would regenerate hair even if
» it were used properly.
»
» 3) Several people on this forum were accusing me of being a “cheerleader”
»
» for Acell…I didn’t want to add fuel to their fire!
»
» Here is my post about that:
»
» http://www.hairsite.com/hair-loss/forum_entry-id-47373.html
»
» (By the way, Ahab, your comment about scar tissue is also in this thread)
»
»
» This is exactly why I wanted several doctors to test this
» material…people make mistakes. Here is my post about that:
»
» http://www.hairsite.com/hair-loss/forum_entry-id-35207.html

I’m not sure why he didn’t try another experiment. Remember one thing, Acell was never created for hairloss…it was originally developed for wound healing in vet medicine…so they are not experts in hair transplant surgery. When I originally spoke to the Acell company, they stated that they had people contact them before reguarding removing the bald spot and placing Acell on the wound…they stated that they didn’t know how deep you would have to go to prevent the hair from falling out again…when I stated that I thought it could be used to regenerate hair in the donor region (that is not predisposed to fall out), they stated “That Might Work”. It was pretty obvious that they knew very little about hair transplant surgery.

It was up to the doctors to develop applications for their wound regeneration product…not to do the studies on it…but to develop the applications for it in reguards to hair transplants.

Dr Hitzig mentioned he was trying a mix of PRP and Acell, does anyone know when he will have results from his tests? if it does regenerate miniaturized follicles won’t that bypass the need for plucking and implanting for most people?

» I’m not sure why he didn’t try another experiment. Remember one thing,
» Acell was never created for hairloss…it was originally developed for
» wound healing in vet medicine…so they are not experts in hair
» transplant surgery. When I originally spoke to the Acell company, they
» stated that they had people contact them before reguarding removing the
» bald spot and placing Acell on the wound…they stated that they didn’t
» know how deep you would have to go to prevent the hair from falling out
» again

sorry I don’t get this part.
Do you mean Acell didn’t know how deep is the layer of skin that had to be removed?
But the problem in Jones’ experiment was not the depth of the removed layer of skin.
It seems that the problem was the way Jones treated the wound afterwards, and how he applied Acell, and how the wound formed a scab instead of being kept moist. Acell had experience in wound healing in animals (and human fingertips), so they should have given Jones the correct instructions. Even if they are no experts in HT surgery. This is not an excuse. Acell should know how to care for the wound after it has been created.

People say that Jones should not have allowed the wound to form a scab, but Jones says that he followed Acell’s instructions.
Acell said that Jones didn’t do it correctly, but they didn’t provide him with the corrections for a second try.

So, as you see, either Dr. Jones was lying, or Acell was lying.

» when I stated that I thought it could be used to regenerate hair
» in the donor region (that is not predisposed to fall out), they stated
» “That Might Work”. It was pretty obvious that they knew very little about
» hair transplant surgery.

well, in fact, it seems that it works with 4m punches, heh. we will see…

»
» It was up to the doctors to develop applications for their wound
» regeneration product…not to do the studies on it…but to develop the
» applications for it in reguards to hair transplants.

» So, as you see, …

… a psychopatic criminal believes something to see.

Hey Spanish Dude one question.

Does your whole vocabulary only consists of the word “Lie” and “liar”?

Spanish Dude,

I think lying is a strong term. I really don’t know, because they didn’t include me in their conversations. My gut instinct is that Dr. Jones made the mistake of not placing the ECM over the wound often enough and for whatever reason, decided not to try it again…I really don’t know why, but I don’t believe that Acell was not cooperative with him. That is my gut instinct.

BTW…I had a very long answer to your question, but when I went to post the FU&^kING thing, it didn’t post!!!

WTF are you calling me a liar? See yourself IN a mirror. :expressionless: :expressionless: :expressionless: