Acell Power aquired!

check out this thread - this women gets hold of a small amount of acell power - does a chemical peel on a nasty stretch mark, applies the power and just like that - baby like regenerated skin!

http://healthyskin.infopop.cc/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7270023352/m/1950092315/p/1

Thoughts?

» check out this thread - this women gets hold of a small amount of acell
» power - does a chemical peel on a nasty stretch mark, applies the power and
» just like that - baby like regenerated skin!
»
» Error
»
» Thoughts?

Here’s my thoughts. Why, if this shiit is so remarkable, isn’t it being blown around every major news source on the friggin planet. I mean this really seems to be one of those “if it sounds too good to be true”… b/c this is really of mind blowing proportions. I guess it work good on animals b/c they don’t have the god damn immunoresponse thing going on and thats probably why no hype. WTF?

Come On MPB… no scientist ever claimed that our immuno system is some how superior to animals systems…we are animals too…dont ever forget that…

Its the medical establishment that is blocking this new era of medicine…Many doctors will get jobless with such an amount of research and work that will be obsoleted by this magnificient work of the 2 doctors of Acell (one of those 2 brilliant doctors is already dead) before he sees any official recognition of his magnificient work.So what is your feeling or mine when compared to one of the fathers of this technology that had to bare such an unjustice …He died from cancer that he believed was curable with his ‘Pixie dust’ again no doctor accepeted to treat him with it.The other docter was fired and accused of fraudery over this regenerative research.

Have you ever thought about the future of so many doctors and surgeons that know nothing but cheating the body techniques : calming the pain ,silencing the symptoms, ablation of organs and killing the sick cells.

Morality of the story be patient , it will come out and I bet you this is going to be a medecine nobel prize winner.

They are not talking about immuno supressed mice.
These are normal cats, dogs, horses. So different animals…all of them responding “explosively well”.
if this is not a joke, then it will work in humans, I am sure.

Amilcar, who are the 2 researchers you are talking about?
In the Acell website there is no information about who are the creators of this company. No managemet team, no owners, nothing.
The news section is not updated since nov-2006.
Everything looks quite weird.

» They are not talking about immuno supressed mice.
» These are normal cats, dogs, horses. So different animals…all of them
» responding “explosively well”.
» if this is not a joke, then it will work in humans, I am sure.
»
» Amilcar, who are the 2 researchers you are talking about?
» In the Acell website there is no information about who are the creators of
» this company. No managemet team, no owners, nothing.
» The news section is not updated since nov-2006.
» Everything looks quite weird.

Seriously, we really need to get an HT Doc to try this out. Just to prove the point that it can regrow hair as it does so well for skin. 5-10 FUE extractions, fill the holes with the Acell powder and wait and see. I honestly think this will only take a week for the skin itself to heal but may take 3 months like for the actual hair to sprout.

»

-Dr Stephen Badylak : just wont the 2008 prize of the University of Pittsburgh for regenerative medecine :
http://www.mirm.pitt.edu/news/article.asp?qEmpID=282

-Alan Spievack : a Harvard graduate and said to be “one of the top US surgeons” back at the time he was active (he is dead since few months). He was obsessed it seems by tha ability of salamndars to regrow cut organs. The guy who grew a finger (first, since there is another one now experiencing the same growth it seems in US army trials : ex Iraq soldier) is his brother.

for more details : http://www.jsonline.com/story/index.aspx?id=581474

Here is a short portion from http://www.wndu.com/specialfeatures/headlines/11374181.html

It’s so FUNNY :

"Dr. Steven Badylack initially unlocked the healing power of the pig two decades ago right in Indiana. The experiment involved using pig intestine to help fix a portion of the aorta in a dog.

The next morning, Dr. Badylack says the dog was, “wagging his tail wanting breakfast. His name was Rocky. Rocky lived for eight years and died of natural causes.”

Finally , for an in-depth look at the story of “Pixie dust” (Extracellular matrix) and its 2 pioneers , go to Did this man really regrow his finger with magic dust? | Daily Mail Online

»

I’ve spoken with the people at Acell. They were very approachable (at least when I called). I did not speak with any of the research scientists at the company but did talk to the “public relations” department. I spoke with them on several occasions.

When I orginally talked with them and mentioned using Acell as a way to regenerate lost hair, they stated that they did not think it would work because you would have to remove too much tissue (go too deep) to prevent the hair from becomming resistant to DHT. I then mentioned using Acell to regenerate donor hair after it was removed and placed on top of the head. This hair is already DHT resistant and therefore would not pose the problem of how “deep” to go. The Acell representative seemed to think that would work…THUS PROVIDING A LIMITLESS DONOR SUPPLY! The way that it SHOULD work would be (1) remove donor hair and place on the top of the head (as in a conventional HT, (2) Do not suture the wound but rather place the Acell extracellular matrix over the wound and it to heal naturally, (3) Wait for the wound to heal and regenerate lost tissue AND HAIR. With this method, since the donor hair regnerates, a HT patient is not limited by the amount of donor hair that they have and therefore can achieve a FULL HEAD OF HAIR. This procedure should also be able to be accomplished via FUE by using the Acell powder in the small wounds. When I ran these ideas by the Acell representative, they felt confident that this would work (ALTHOUGH AS I PREVIOUSLY STATED…HE WAS NOT A SCIENTIST).

I then contacted over 30 HT doctors (via e-mail) and passed this information along, but only 3 responded to my e-mails. Two of those expressed a valid interest in the product. One was willing to try the vet-grade product but was not able to get any of the product. At this point, (in my opinion) we are just waiting for it to be released for Humans. It states on the news page:

Medical products for human use are not currently available from ACell but are expected to become available later in 2008. Register now to receive updates on clinical trials and release dates for our medical products.

Hopefully, when the product is released for human usage, HT doctors would be willing to try Acell and see if it truly regenerate lost skin and hair tissue. If it does (like we’ve seen in the animal pictures on thier website), our problem may be over. Time will tell! I think it is our responsibility to alert as many HT doctors as possible when this product is on the market for humans. I am going to re e-mail all of the doctors that I’ve contacted before and hopefully, they will have more interest in this product.

As a note of caution, I do not want any members of this forum to get thier hopes up. We have ridden the emotional roller coaster ride of hair loss for many years and have been let down many times. I did have someone contact me who said that they worked for a company that worked on a similar product and that IT DID NOT REGENERAT LOST HAIR. I truly hope that there is something different about the Acell product, but don’t set yourself up for disappointment!

Take Care,
Bill

Wow, Bill, it seems you have done a great effort, emailing 30 surgeons, etc…
thanks man!

The idea of regenerating the donor area using this product is very reasonable, and more and more people is mentioning it.

Also, it seems that the Acell product works better with deep wounds, then maybe it is better to remove large chunks of skin in the donor area, instead of doing FUE. In other words, maybe it is better to do strip, instead of FUE. This would be less labour intensive (=>cheaper) and maybe regeneration is better.

well, in any case, something is moving. This whole idea of “dermabrading, or wounding” is revolutionizing everything. Must be very good when Intercytex itself is using it in combination with TRC.

thanks Amilcar, it looks very good.
I am going to read the links you provided!

it seems really good. i think a strip ht would be the best way. first coz it would probably work better and secondly coz its cheaper.

» it seems really good. i think a strip ht would be the best way. first coz
» it would probably work better and secondly coz its cheaper.

Yes, that is what I mean. Just imagine, you remove a large strip, harvest hundreds of follicles, and in a few weeks you have that strip regenerated and full of hair again.
Most probably, if you shave it, you will see some marks of the procedure in the regenerated area, but it could be justified, considering its much cheaper than FUE.

» thanks Amilcar, it looks very good.
» I am going to read the links you provided!

okay, I have read it all. Looks great.

But there is a weird part:

adylak thinks he now knows the secret. However, despite publishing countless papers about his findings, he was dismissed as a fraud by the medical establishment. But Alan Spievack was transfixed, asking Badylak afterwards why his methods were not being used to save human lives.

“Because nobody believes me,” Badylak replied.
<<<

how is it possible. This technology is explosive. The results are amazing in just weeks. Lee Spievak applied the powder at home. His brother sent him the powder, and Lee aplied it himself at home. Lee was no expert. There is no need for a skilled personnel. And he regrew his fingertip.
If this is real, this is so easy to prove, that skepticism is impossible.
So how is it possible that noone believed Badylak?

Also, another weird part:

However, Alan Spievack is not around to defend his creation: he died in March from bladder cancer - one of the deadly diseases he claimed his pixie dust could cure - after other doctors refused to use it to save him.

"That’s the biggest problem - convincing doctors that it works,’ says Lee, tears welling in his eyes at the memory that his brother did not survive to see his work accepted by the U.S. government.
<<<

Are doctors so retard??? Or maybe the article is not telling us the full story?

Remember one thing : there is always change and resistance to that change…The stronger the change is …the stronger is the resistance since the damage will be greater for the establishment (aka : medical establishment in this case). The scam scenario,concerning Acell, has already been excluded I think since the 1st moment this news was aired by a respected institution like BBC and the Pentagon investment in the technology.

» » it seems really good. i think a strip ht would be the best way. first
» coz
» » it would probably work better and secondly coz its cheaper.
»
» Yes, that is what I mean. Just imagine, you remove a large strip, harvest
» hundreds of follicles, and in a few weeks you have that strip regenerated
» and full of hair again.
» Most probably, if you shave it, you will see some marks of the procedure
» in the regenerated area, but it could be justified, considering its much
» cheaper than FUE.

I don’t know about that, I had strip done already and I honestly don’t want to go back for another strip. Follica appears to be a better choice to me.

» I don’t know about that, I had strip done already and I honestly don’t
» want to go back for another strip. Follica appears to be a better choice to
» me.

well, I haven’t had any strip (nor FUE), so take my opinion with care :slight_smile:

In the Stephen Badylak’s bio, says that his technique (the powder) have helped 1,5 million people.

http://www.mirm.pitt.edu/news/article.asp?qEmpID=282

QUOTE:

More than 60 separate medical device products are now commercially available as a result of this patent portfolio. These products provide therapeutic value in many medical fields including topical wound care, lower urinary tract reconstruction, cardiovascular tissue repair and reconstruction, central nervous system repair and reconstruction, gastrointestinal tract remodeling, and the treatment of endocrine diseases such as Type I diabetes. More than 1.5 million patients worldwide have been helped by this technology, clearly making it the most successful and widely utilized tissue engineered material that has ever reached clinical practice.
<<<

So they have already treated 1,5 Million people with the powder, but Dr. Alan Spievack died a few months ago of bladder cancer because no doctor wanted to treat him with the powder.
Does this sound logical?

» » I don’t know about that, I had strip done already and I honestly don’t
» » want to go back for another strip. Follica appears to be a better choice
» to
» » me.
»
» well, I haven’t had any strip (nor FUE), so take my opinion with care :slight_smile:

FUE with a large punch size would be a great test bed to see whether or not this will work. Having a large open wound with Strip is too much in my opinion.

» So they have already treated 1,5 Million people with the powder, but Dr.
» Alan Spievack died a few months ago of bladder cancer because no doctor
» wanted to treat him with the powder.
» Does this sound logical?

SD, I think that’s referring to a first generation version:

"ACell’s extracellular matrix is a naturally occurring, non-crosslinked, completely resorbable acellular biomaterial. A similar "first generation" ECM technology called SIS (derived from porcine small intestine) has been used to treat over 500,000 patients with remarkable effect. ACell’s UBM is the next generation of ECM technology due to its unique characteristics featuring a basement membrane surface which is ideal for epithelial cell growth in many applications."

http://www.acell.com/med.php

Thanks Willy (and others here) that’s great information-the more I’ve looked into Acell the more I’ve become convinced this could be the shortcut method we need to finally get all our hair back. Can’t wait till they release the human version of ECM and get HT surgeons to try it on some patients.

if Acells really resets the clock, then we should be able to rejuvenate existing follicles as well along with the scalp. Possibly by (somewhat deep) abrasion/peeling of skin and then application of the powder.