Acell/Plucking and FUT Scars Limitations and possible downsides

So as it may seem, Acell and Plucking is not THE perfect solution for repair patients at this point in time.

Dr Cooley had recenly repsonded to some concearned question from repair patients. Here is what he said :

" I don’t know the actual success in scar tissue but I believe it depends on several factors. When I said 40-50% in an interview, I was referring back to several cases I had recently seen in followup. I have attached a couple representative photos. In these photos, you see the hair shaft sticking out from being implanted 6 months earlier, and new hair sprouting out from around it. However I later had cases where the success was lower or even zero, as in EJ’s case, which is very disturbing to me. I suspect that the wider and thicker the scar tissue, the lower the success. We need mesenchymal stem cells to make the follicle regeneration work, and they are likely absent in scar tissue. At this point, I prefer to tell patients that plucking doesn’t work well in scar tissue but that we are actively working on techniques to overcome this.

So the problem here is as stated the wider and feshier your scar is actually the more you should expect plucking not to work or to work in a very low yield rate :frowning: but they are trying to overcome this.

Another remark from Doctor Cooley was :

"Sometimes the implanted hair seems to grow and sometimes new hair is seen branching out from the implanted hair, in which case the ‘stub’ is eventually shed or can be plucked out. (He talks about scar implanting here)

These are 6 month photos so the hair may be thin because of that or because plucked hair growing in scar tissue is thinner. I don’t have enough data to anwer that yet. I predict they will be thinner because they are probably made up of fewer mesenchymal cells. Plucked hair that grows in non-scarred scalp looks normal, and is usually indistinguishable from surrounding hair. "

So to underline the findings we can say or at least Dr Cooley sees that plucked hairs which are transplanted in normale scalp skin grows normal just like your normal hair.

The problems are scars here and only scars. Those findings actually support the argument of autocloned hairs. Because Acell works like it should it can regenerate in healthy tissue but not in only fleshy tissue without receptoring cells around it.

My idea or what i would do right now in this situation is. To slightly thin the scar and also “damage” the scar tissue and then reinsert plucked hairs to see if it will only depend on the scar itself.

Conclusion here : Right now Acell has its limitations when it comes to scar tissue but works pretty good and as it should in healthy skin with plucked hairs.

Yeah of course i missed to post the foto goddammit

Here are the fotos Dr Cooley provided

Both pictures show plucked hairs in a FUT scar, but its fair to say, that in this case the plucked hairs grow in the scar tissue. Thats not guaranteed everytime.

As you can also see, the plcuked hairs sprout some tiny autocloned hairs around the hair shaft.

They are tiny and lack the diameter of normal scalp hair.

Remember these are all FUT scar revisions and on healthy scalp it works fine. My idea here would be that repair patients contact surgeons who offer plucked/acell hairs for scar revision.

So that the surgeons and the community can accumulate more informations on HOW to get this problem solved

» So as it may seem, Acell and Plucking is not THE perfect solution
» for repair patients at this point in time.

» bla bla bla
» bla bla bla
» bla bla bla

» My idea here would be that repair patients contact surgeons
» who offer plucked/acell hairs for scar revision.
»
» So that the surgeons and the community can accumulate more informations on
» HOW to get this problem solved

Man, damn good idea - why don’t you look for a new psychiatrist? :no:

Yawwwwwwwnnn whats the problem again? You are afraid because of your scars? Or cant you just accept the truth at THIS point in time.

As happy as i am with Acell and plucking i think its an obligation to also post possible downsides and limitations to this treatment. If you cant stand stuff like that then ignore it.

Oh and btw you should clap three of your buddys celt, LarryDavid and hairman2 they really gave me the run for the money :slight_smile:

But thanks for you valuable input here, i think right now the three are a little bit ashamed to stand behind you :wink:

IRON-MAN…because you do not die? its shit German? its human garbage? you do not make nothing of good… it disappears, son of a bitch.

» Yawwwwwwwnnn whats the problem again? You are afraid because of your scars?
» Or cant you just accept the truth at THIS point in time.
»
» As happy as i am with Acell and plucking i think its an obligation to also
» post possible downsides and limitations to this treatment. If you cant
» stand stuff like that then ignore it.
»
» Oh and btw you should clap three of your buddys celt, LarryDavid and
» hairman2 they really gave me the run for the money :slight_smile:
»
» But thanks for you valuable input here, i think right now the three are a
» little bit ashamed to stand behind you :wink:

Stevie.dee i have not sided with anyone i have frequently asked for the bickering and fighting to stop on all sides i just wish to read an interesting hairloss forum. Please do not place me on any side or include me in any arguement.

»
» So to underline the findings we can say or at least Dr Cooley sees that
» plucked hairs which are transplanted in normale scalp skin grows normal
» just like your normal hair.
»

Let’s just hope this is the case.
But we need NW5 -> NWI photos of that.

@hairman2 : Unfortunately it wont stop because even when he is monitored, he cant behave normal.

He always plays the victim card even with the admins knowing that he is the only troublemaker. Thats btw one of the reasons why i think i will shift my discussion to other message boards instead, because IronMan is banned there and then you can also speak directly to people from the source etc

So i hereby apologize to you for putting you behind IronMan.

»
» So to underline the findings we can say or at least Dr Cooley sees that
» plucked hairs which are transplanted in normale scalp skin grows normal
» just like your normal hair.
»

If what you wrote above is true and can be reproduced consistently, this is a huge breakthrough already.

» »
» » So to underline the findings we can say or at least Dr Cooley sees that
» » plucked hairs which are transplanted in normale scalp skin grows normal
» » just like your normal hair.
» »
»
»
» If what you wrote above is true and can be reproduced consistently, this is
» a huge breakthrough already.

Oh, basically it is true - since a long time. That’s the reason why HE patented it:

http://www.wipo.int/pctdb/en/wo.jsp?IA=NL2006000588&DISPLAY=CLAIMS

And doing so (patenting) is fully scientifically supported as well:

So your mentioned “breakthrough” basically exists since many years - in the clinical praxis as well (what does not mean you can get a NW-10 patient to a NW-0 patient just within 5 seconds – not even with a working >if at all< Aderans or Histogen approach).

But Dr. Jerry Cooley suggested recently patients to go for a FUT or FUE procedure in the meanwhile, because HE must do at first more research for consistent results. lol

So you have to wait at least 5 - 10 years, until Dr. Cooley get consistent results. lol

Another day, another Gho praising. SImple question here " Have you had a transplant or not and then WHY not"

“If Gho has been doing it for more then a decade where are all those patients”