Acell - how to get our hands on some?

I will consider the Accell situation to be a probable failure once two things have failed:

1. Trying accell on dermabraded (but not fully bleeding) skin.

2. Trying accell on a clean, fresh strip-scar type of wound without existing scarring all around it already.

Look at the lastest news section: http://www.acell.com/

if acell fails what next for scar healing?

» if acell fails what next for scar healing?

The press about Juvista showed a whole lot of promise a few years ago. It could be revolutionary.

But the phase#2 trial was deemed an unsatsfactory test. It was within this year that they restarted phase#2. So they’re probably gonna be a minimum of 4-5 years away from the market if nothing else goes wrong.

(As far as I know, neither the FDA nor the company has ever said/alluded to the product actually failing to work in the original phase#2 trial. The FDA just said they weren’t satisfied with the way the trial itself was conducted. So they declared it sort of a “mistrial” and made the company start over on phase#2.)

Cal, i’ve asked on here before, but do you think Acell could be made into an injectable substance like the Stanford study did with a similar ECM. If it could do you not think it would make more sense to use it like that, if it’s injected into the scalp surely there would be more chance of regenerating the damaged follicle.

» Cal, i’ve asked on here before, but do you think Acell could be made into
» an injectable substance like the Stanford study did with a similar ECM. If
» it could do you not think it would make more sense to use it like that, if
» it’s injected into the scalp surely there would be more chance of
» regenerating the damaged follicle.

It does work if you put it in the wound before closing it, so I am pretty sure that It will work if you just add it to a common vehicle (saline solution??) and inject it in the scalp.

I’m not sure that injecting Accell’s stuff would be such a great method of getting better growth from the follicles. Putting Accell into the bloodstream is not necessarily what we want at all. Accell would probably remain at the wound site better without being introduced into the bloodstream to carry it away.

Injecting the stuff stands to be a project of its own. It could have applications & implications much larger than just hair loss treatment.

Dermabrasion, if done seriously, will knock off the top portion of the hair follicles. It should force at least some amount of healing action to kick on at the follicle itself.

Whether or not that is enough to really do what we need . . . that’s an open question right now.

O.k.
Can Acell regrow hair?Yes or No!
Who works with this ECM?

» O.k.
» Can Acell regrow hair?Yes or No!

NO, until proved otherwise.