Acell - how to get our hands on some?

Any thoughts or connections here? It has been talked about in the past but not lately.

» Any thoughts or connections here? It has been talked about in the past but
» not lately.

Good question! Is there anyone who knows a veterinarian around here? I suppose a regular doctor should do as well, since Dr Jones etc got it.

» not lately.

Are you thinking about doing your own experiment?

»
» Are you thinking about doing your own experiment?

Don’t get too focused on me. (I’ve also been intending to do a round of the Folica stuff with immunosuppression for like half a year now, but I’ve been held up by some life factors.) I’m partly just trying to stir up interest in anyone trying Acell.

I would probably try a dermabrasion & topical Acell round sooner or later if nobody else seems to show any intentions of trying it.

There seems to be a feeling in the air that a HT doc will do it, but that’s stupid IMHO. We can’t rely on the HT industry to test the efficacy of something that stands to put them completely out of business the day that it works.

» not lately.

I am currently in touch with the woman(could be a man) who talked about her experience with ACELL on skinbiology. I have asked her a set of questions and will post her response here when she replies.

Meanwhile checkout the New Acell website, apparently they have now been featured on Oprah show as well.

www.acell.com

and here is the link to their Order form:http://www.acell.com/action_form.html

Product ID, info etc:
http://www.acell.com/pandr_surgery.html

Found the Oprah Clip on youtube.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AppsEtEGzSA

Interestingly, out of no where at 2:00, Oprah makes a reference to hair regrowth using ACELL and the guy who regrew his finger back says “Yes you can!” - and he says that with confidence.

Does anyone have a good dermatologist(or regular doctor) friend, maybe you can convince him/her to write a perscription for this stuff?

»
» There seems to be a feeling in the air that a HT doc will do it, but
» that’s stupid IMHO. We can’t rely on the HT industry to test the efficacy
» of something that stands to put them completely out of business the day
» that it works.

CAL I agree about the HT industry having no incentive to make this work. But on the other hand dermatologists would love to see this work. They already have the dermabrasion/laser/skin peel equipments at their disposal. They have all the necessary equipment/expertise for the precise wounding that would be needed before applying Acell. Dermatologist would love to see the Acell or Follica experiments work. What we need is to get them on our side.

This guy is being treated by a doc using ACell: http://www.acne.org/messageboard/True-Scarless-Healing-t231963.html

http://www.americarx.com/Products/24670.html

Quite a bit expensive and it’s also the sheet version, not the powder.

» Interestingly, out of no where at 2:00, Oprah makes a reference to hair
» regrowth using ACELL and the guy who regrew his finger back says
» “Yes you can!” - and he says that with confidence.

Ok, I think this guy is a plain liar. How in the world can he assure that???
Dr. Jones is the only person that has tried to use Acell to grow hair, and he has failed. And he followed instructions from Acell reps. Acell themselves said that they had not tested it for hair growth.
Then how Lee Spievack can tell us “yes, you can” with such a confidence???

I think this guy is a liar. When he chopped his fingertip, and he says that the fingertip was “lost” and they never found it… very weird. you know, after some time, flesh rots, and smells really bad. It is easy to detect. unless a mouse has eaten the fingertip, of course.

»
»
» Does anyone have a good dermatologist(or regular doctor)
» friend, maybe you can convince him/her to write a perscription for this
» stuff?

Well, I think it’s obvious he is lying, since it’s never grown hair.

However, Dr. Jones’ experiment really wasn’t a very good experiment to test the regrowth properties. In fact, it was a poorly designed experiment if the goal was to see whether ACell could regrow hair. He tested it on a guy with major scarring. A major flaw in the experiment right there. A proper hair growth test would be just that. Testing it on a normal head without scarring to see if it will regrow hair.

Personally, I don’t think ACell will ever grow hair, but so far, there hasn’t been any valid experiment done to prove it either way.

I called ACELL 3 weeks ago. They claim (although no proof was given) that one doc(wouldnt drop a name but when i asked if it was umar they said no) has seen hair starting to regrow. He claims they have pics and will post them (eventually).

Who knows? Acell claims jons botched it, Jones claims he followed Acell directions to a T. In all honestly I wasnt rooting for hair regenration I was praying for scarless healing.

» I called ACELL 3 weeks ago. They claim (although no proof was given) that
» one doc(wouldnt drop a name but when i asked if it was umar they said no)
» has seen hair starting to regrow. He claims they have pics and will post
» them (eventually).
»
» Who knows? Acell claims jons botched it, Jones claims he followed Acell
» directions to a T. In all honestly I wasnt rooting for hair regenration I
» was praying for scarless healing.
Nice news… remember that JONES is only one of the doctors that are tryng acell… with the user “willy”, times ago, i had send email to about 50 doctors :stuck_out_tongue:
so… the acell hope is still open…
COMMANDER, try to keep other particular about this doctor, or ask if they want to post pictures…

There are probably two dozen ways to make blood transfusions and skin grafts not work either.

Jones tested Accell on one type of wound, with one procedure. It wasn’t a bad test but the wound itself was certainly a worst case scenario.

Well the rep said they plan on posting pics (dunno when). He claims theyve seen pics and hair is def growing. He couldnt comment on density and stuff because he wasnt familiar with HT and stuff.

» There are probably two dozen ways to make blood transfusions and skin
» grafts not work either.
»
»
» Jones tested Accell on one type of wound, with one procedure. It wasn’t a
» bad test but the wound itself was certainly a worst case scenario.

okay, but aparently the pixie dust is easy as cake, according to the testimony of Lee Spievack, who regrew his finger back by simply applying the powder at home. His brother sent him the powder by mail, and Lee applied it himself, whithout any special knowledgement or training. It seems Lee is not a doctor or anything related.

Now, Dr. Jones, who is a doctor, and followed Acell’s instructions carefully, was not able to get the desired effect…

something doesn’t make sense here…

Okay, I said that Jones is the only person who has tested Acell for hair regrowth. My bad. Other doctors are also testing it. But they are doing it in secret, so we don’t know the results.

Anyway, that video is certainly prior to these experiments, so Lee had no idea about these experiments or their results.
Then tell me how Lee was so certain that Acell is capable of regrowing hair???

» Well the rep said they plan on posting pics (dunno when). He claims theyve
» seen pics and hair is def growing. He couldnt comment on density and stuff
» because he wasnt familiar with HT and stuff.

Well, then we will wait for the pics. Lets hope they are evaluable pics, not the usual tricky shït.

okay, but aparently the pixie dust is easy as cake, according to the testimony of Lee Spievack, who regrew his finger back by simply applying the powder at home. His brother sent him the powder by mail, and Lee applied it himself, whithout any special knowledgement or training. It seems Lee is not a doctor or anything related.

I agree that Jones’s result is troubling. I was hoping for better.

But the tips of the fingers are still the easiest thing to regrow. Young children can sometimes lose a lot of the tip and still regenerate it on their own. And in my own life I’ve seen severed fingertips fail to naturally regrow as well as the Acell example did. Not even close. Acell clearly made a difference IMHO.

Jones’s case was also limited by the fact that the area was already scarred badly. I think for Acell to really shine, you would need to cut away ALL the scar tissue from the whole area and let Acell work from the edges of unhurt skin. (But the patient that Dr. Jones was testing probably did not have adequate scalp laxity to take the risk of reopening the wound to that large size. They were safer and more prudent by not cutting that large of a hole without already knowing for sure that Acell would perfectly close it.)

http://www.americarx.com/Products/24670.html

Quite a bit expensive and it’s also the sheet version, not the powder.

Hey, it still beats the price of FUE work by just a little! :wink:

What’s the clinical difference between the powder & the sheet form, anyway? I can’t remember all these Acell details that I read last year.

Which form of Acell did the woman who dermabraded her stretch marks use?

» What’s the clinical difference between the powder & the sheet form,
» anyway? I can’t remember all these Acell details that I read last year.

I’m not really sure how ACELL is administered in general. But from my understanding of it, the sheet is put on top of the wound and the powder is put in & on the wound.

» Which form of Acell did the woman who dermabraded her stretch marks use?

She used the powder

cal, no offence, but you seem to know better than the Acell reps themselves.
You seem to know why Acell failed on Jones’ experiment, and you provide improvements /alternative protocols. But according to Jones, the Acell reps didn’t provide any alternative protocol.
If fixing the experiment is as easy as you say, why the Acell reps didn’t point out these fixings?

Quote Dr. Jones:

At this point, I am done with Acell. I didn’t see any results from the first patient and the company has not provided me with an alternative protocol so until I feel that I have a method that I think is viable I will not do another Acell procedure,
Dr Robert Jones
<<

So it seems that you, cal, are more enthusiastic and optimistic than the Acell reps themselves, even when they are risking the image and future of their company.

» okay, but aparently the pixie dust is easy as cake,
» according to the testimony of Lee Spievack, who regrew his finger back by
» simply applying the powder at home. His brother sent him the powder by
» mail, and Lee applied it himself, whithout any special knowledgement or
» training. It seems Lee is not a doctor or anything related.

»
»
» I agree that Jones’s result is troubling. I was hoping for better.
»
» But the tips of the fingers are still the easiest thing to regrow. Young
» children can sometimes lose a lot of the tip and still regenerate it on
» their own. And in my own life I’ve seen severed fingertips fail to
» naturally regrow as well as the Acell example did. Not even close. Acell
» clearly made a difference IMHO.
»
» Jones’s case was also limited by the fact that the area was already
» scarred badly. I think for Acell to really shine, you would need to cut
» away ALL the scar tissue from the whole area and let Acell work from the
» edges of unhurt skin. (But the patient that Dr. Jones was testing probably
» did not have adequate scalp laxity to take the risk of reopening the wound