Abiraterone - New Prostate Drug (Ketoconazole related)

Long time since I have posted, but I thought this was interesting enough to share.

I have been a proponent of Ketoconazole (e.g. Nizoral) usage for regrowth. While most have assumed this was fungus related, I have long believed this was linked to the prevention of local synthesis of androgens; i.e. Intracrynology.

Now a UK biotech has introduced a new drug (Abiraterone) that tackles advanced prostate cancer effectively using the same mechanism; it appears that cancer tumors have the ability to synthesize the androgens they need to feed. Abiraterone works by preventing this local synthesis.

Abiraterone is entering Phase 3 and may be worth watching as a potential topic for use in hair growth (or prevention of further hair loss).

GC.

Have seen it in news today and thought pretty much the same.

They said no side effects as well. But thats probably exagerrated

» Abiraterone is entering Phase 3 and may be worth watching as a potential
» topic for use in hair growth (or prevention of further hair loss).

We already have dutas, if we take the sides out it still doesn’t regrow much hair. So the only potential this drug has is of stopping further loss.

That’s the story of all DHT fighters, maintinence but no real regrowth.

And that’s fine with me. I’d LOVE to see progress on loss stoppage. Getting 2000 existing grafts preserved is no less benefit than 2000 grafts gained from HM.

But I have no belief in a “no sides” line of crap from any oral DHT drug. The side effects are basically caused by the primary effect; no oral DHT drug as we know it right now is ever gonna separate the two effects.