A question to Dr. Arvind

Dr Arvind, I have had several Hair Transplants in the past. My first was when I was very young. The old procedures were done where of course you know plugs were used.

These plugs have stopped growing. I have since had other procedures where they have taken strips in order to fix, my bare spot on the donor areas, and transplanted to the recipient area. The latest work has been done about 10 years ago.

I have seen the latest transplants thinning out as well. I guess I’m unlucky.
I have been told by doctors, that cortizone shot would shock the scap into regrowing these transplanted hairs. You have to understand that I have spent a lot of money. Even money aside, I have trouble trusting doctors.

Your work has been very prevelent on this site. Your work looks amazing.

My question to you is will cortizone shots regrow my transplanted hairs?
Is there anything else that I could try to help me?

Thank you in advance.

Dear Hossman,
Let me say at outset that yours must be a very rare situation.

1. Were the transplanted plugs and strip taken from the safe donor area?
  2. Are you noticing hair thinning/hairloss in the traditional safe donor area too?
  3. I would suggest you get a hair volume testing done over the next 6 monthly (twice atleast), to see if there are signs of progressive hair thinning at present.

In case you can show/email some pictures of your recipient as well as the donor area, it will be helpful for me to evaluate your case further.
Do not hesitate if you have any queries.

Regards,
Dr. A

» Dear Hossman,
» Let me say at outset that yours must be a very rare situation.
»
» 1. Were the transplanted plugs and strip taken from the safe donor area?
» 2. Are you noticing hair thinning/hairloss in the traditional safe donor
» area too?
» 3. I would suggest you get a hair volume testing done over the next 6
» monthly (twice atleast), to see if there are signs of progressive hair
» thinning at present.
»
» In case you can show/email some pictures of your recipient as well as the
» donor area, it will be helpful for me to evaluate your case further.
» Do not hesitate if you have any queries.
»
» Regards,
» Dr. A

Dear Dr. Arvind,

Thank you so much for answering my inquiries. I will answer all your questions.

1. Yes the plugs were taken from the safe zone. The strips were done to close the large area of plugs taken out which left a bare area.

2. Yes thinning has occurred throughout the years but not to the point that it is abnormal for a 52 year old with a hair loss problem.

3. Do you know someone who could take a hair volume test for me, in Toronto Ontario.

You should know that I have also had a couple of excisions done about 30 years ago. Could this have caused my problems?
What about those cortisone shot that a doctor suggested to me. Do you think it could work?
I will provide pictures for you Dr. Arvind. Can you please provide me with an email so I could send them to you?

Thank you Dr Arvind for taking interest in my hardship.

Hossman

1. Yes thinning has occurred throughout the years but not to the point that it is abnormal for a 52 year old with a hair loss problem.

I meant do you have thinning in the safe donor area as well.

I do not know who would be able to do a hair volume test near your place.
This company may know if someone is using their product to perform hair volume test.

You may email your pictures and queries to fusehair1@gmail.com

Cortisone injections do work sometimes in patients suffering from alopecia areata. That is not your situation.
So, before anything be done, you need to reach a diagnosis for your problem.

Regards,
Dr. A

Hossman I would like to see your pics, can you upload a few pics?