A friendly reminder that results take time

What ever the clinic, the number of grafts etc… it’s imperative that guys embarking down the HT road remember that they are not going to get the full result from their HT until 16 / 18 months at least…

Many times I see a poster concerned that at 3 / 4 months they have not seen any growth yet, that they think their HT may be a failure. Or people concerned that at 5 months their result is still a bit thin. It is important to remember that this can be and is a slow process, a result should not be judged as final until it reaches the 12 – 18 month mark.

5-6 months out is just the start, as the new hairs start to grow they start thin, fine, and almost colorless. Over the next 6 months, the hairs will slowly progress and mature, thickening and darkening with time, up to approximately 12 to 18 months. The hairs will grow at different rates. As you begin to see some poke through the scalp, others won’t come through for another few weeks or even months after that. Even after a whole year there is still a great deal more in store, ie thickening and maturing.

Months 8-16 are just as important in terms of growth, maturing, thickening as the first 8 months in my opinion, just a friendly reminder for all those out there who may be a few months out looking In the mirror everyday……….

» What ever the clinic, the number of grafts etc… it’s imperative that guys
» embarking down the HT road remember that they are not going to get the full
» result from their HT until 16 / 18 months at least…
»
» Many times I see a poster concerned that at 3 / 4 months they have not
» seen any growth yet, that they think their HT may be a failure. Or people
» concerned that at 5 months their result is still a bit thin. It is
» important to remember that this can be and is a slow process, a result
» should not be judged as final until it reaches the 12 – 18 month mark.
»
» 5-6 months out is just the start, as the new hairs start to grow they
» start thin, fine, and almost colorless. Over the next 6 months, the hairs
» will slowly progress and mature, thickening and darkening with time, up to
» approximately 12 to 18 months. The hairs will grow at different rates. As
» you begin to see some poke through the scalp, others won’t come through for
» another few weeks or even months after that. Even after a whole year there
» is still a great deal more in store, ie thickening and maturing.
»
» Months 8-16 are just as important in terms of growth, maturing, thickening
» as the first 8 months in my opinion, just a friendly reminder for all those
» out there who may be a few months out looking In the mirror everyday……….

Very true Pat. Myself almost at the 4 month mark I find myself talking to my recipient area. ‘Why are you growing and not you ya bugga’? I also talk to my ears, nose, back (almost everywhere actually).
‘Why the hell do you grow so bloody well?’ 'Couldnt you take a vacation to my head for a few decades?'
Then sanity kicks and logic tells me to stop my whining and be patient.:slight_smile: