A Blast from the past!

Here is a little something I thought would be neat to share with you! It also kinda proves I have been a lurker for a while. Basically It was I believe an Israeli company that made a product called “pillel” or something similar that was supposed to be a revolutionary treatment for hairloss. A company called FNS bought it and marketed it. It didnt do a thing! It was a major letdown!

This had to have been over 10 years ago and I just searched deep deep in my cabinet to find it! The plastic was so deformed that when I tried to straighten it for a photo it just cracked and the substance splattered all over! It smells like molded cinnamon and I had a big mess to clean. I had to tape the broken pieces back together to get a picture.

» Here is a little something I thought would be neat to share with you! It
» also kinda proves I have been a lurker for a while. Basically It was I
» believe an Israeli company that made a product called “pillel” or something

Ah yes. Good old Pillel.

It was developed initially as a wound healing agent for medical wounds that would not heal - or so it was claimed. Somehow, it got marketed as a hair growing lotion to fix the “wound” on our heads with nutrients. The logic never quite made sense to me but oh well.

A brief amount of hype followed. A few eager chumps bought a bottle or two and grew… nothing. The hype died down as it always does not too long after. That was the last we ever heard of Pillel.

It followed the textbook life cycle of a snake oil product. Actually I don’t want to call this a snake oil product as there was at least some medical data to support its use as a wound healing agent.

And so we close another chapter on the history of would be cures for baldness. Class dismissed!

I’m wondering if Pilox = Piliel ?

perhaps in a new bottle…

[quote][postedby]Originally Posted by Freddie555[/postedby]
I’m wondering if Pilox = Piliel ?

perhaps in a new bottle…[/quote]

… really?

There is zero comparison and you’re going to look like a retarded when pilox ends up working.

I remember how much that cr@p was hyped on this board about 10 years ago. The amount of excitement and hype had me literally gobsmacked. You could not avoid wave after crushing wave of Pillel posts and discussion threads that seemed 5000 posts long. I never had the slightest interest in the product, even in the face of all that hype… and it turns out, I was right!

Oh Yes, I remember buying about 2 bottles of that crap at about $80 a bottle. Add it to my long list of experimental treatments that didn’t do much except grow some peach fuzz.

Anyway, lets give Dr. Yoran a chance with Pilox.