A BHT EXPOSE\' Dr. Harris... 0.75mm SAFE FUE... Hairtech

"No one had ever gotten around to trying (to my knowledge) a low density BHT, wait a year or so, then another, wait another year or so, and another after that. " Benji not sure exactly how low denisty you really mean as far as numbers?. But This has been done a while back 2001. Timetested. His history is on this site. Maybe 1500 -2000- bht and done over a week or so time. He has been making travels back over the last several years to add density. All done with upper body hair which I do think makes all the difference as far as being robust hair for cosmetic value. I know this from the first time I met him saw his results then a year or so later after he was 6 months out all still growing. And to my understanding did not fall out. I had e-mailed Dr. Woods a while back to ask about this case and said he is comming in again. So if these were not succsessful he would not keep going to add more. Remember he is a repair patient to. Yes I would like to see study’s from some clinic some day on this myself.

There are guys claiming that their grafts fell out & never regrew & they had strip surgery.
Have the body hairs that Dr Woods has transplanted ever fallen out over time & not regrown ? I friggin doubt it.Why not ? BECAUSE HE KNOWS WHAT HE IS DOING !!!

Damon,

Some folks there seem to think the Earth if flat and BHT won’t grow on ANYONE, EVER. Lol.

You make some very good points and would be a good voice of reason over there in crazy/hostile land, IMO.

Peace.

I have to say Damon you words cut with precision. I have tremedous respect for a few posters… There is a Hall of Fame for great posters. You are in it. Thank you for the encouragement.

Thanks BSPOT your opinions mean a lot to me.

Thanks SOFAR… I knew you would be happy.

Let me give my opinion on what I think is going on here. And Dr. Harris shares some of these thing also. It is just an observational opinion… and if anyone has anything to add please add!

1. Do not use telogens. You cannot predict a successful dermal papilla extraction. It is usually a clear colored tissue as it is. Dr. Harris is able to “see” with his magnification, which ones are telogen or not before extraction.

2. You cannot dense pack BHT. No megassessions. Whoever performs or has performed BHT megassesions did it haphazardly and out of pure greed without using any scientific approach whatsoever. These clinics might I add need to be boycotted.

3. Punching of BHT must be performed by folks who know what they are doing. If there are rumors of no growth from a particular doctor… well then there must be reason to believe that their technique has issues.

4. Technicians cannot tether, pull, crush grafts when extracting. BHT’s are particularly susceptible to crushing… It is so easy to crush a bulb… hell I’ve crushed a few in my past. It won’t grow. I pay extreme attention to the graft bulb.

5. Technicians cannot crush or smash bulbs when placing. Crushing of a bulb right as the bulb is placed into the scalp… right when the bulb is pushed into the site opening is so damn easy to do it is scary. You have to have “light hands” as one of my colleagues Leith Leonard use to say. You have to pay attention and not just place as fast as you want.

6. BHT needs to be performed in series at this time. It seems to be working in more than one patient.

7. Discretion is advised!

Damon,

And I know I am lucky to have my hair… I wish I could give some of it to you. I am 36 years old and lucky. I can never fully understand what you and every single poster goes through daily. I do have a heart though. My mom used to give the world her heart. I got that from her… not that I give the world my heart. I just try to feel other folks pain… and anger… and I hate deception. I hate to see/read fake pictures, words of trash… puppet posters.

Puppet poster… One who posts comments from another ones mouth. The puppeteer so chicken and has no spine as to say it themselves… rather they use folks instead… destroying someone else’s reputation.

Anyway, Damon… thanks again.

Interesting stuff HT.

You and I have seen a few “puppet” posters here and there.
This is a dirty business, IMO.

I like that term, “puppet poster” mind if I borrow it now and then? ; )

Anyway, please elaborate on this part of your post:
“You have to have “light hands” as one of my colleagues Leith Leonard use to say.
You have to pay attention and not just place as fast as you want.”

I would hope (and pray) ANY dedicated, skilled tech would have “soft hands” and “pay attention” and " not just place as fast as you want."

Why would any clinic want Shrek placing grafts as fast as he can for goodness sake!?! Lol.

Are there really techs that are that poor out there?

Yikes!

In all honesty… yes there are very few clinics that pay attention to “soft hands” when placing. This is why I stress longevity of staff in clinics… It is paramount. No one talks about it. No one admits it… but if you boil down the water… what do you have at the bottom of the pot? The private doctors that have longevity of their staff where upon they trained them personally for years that translates to good results. It isn’t rocket science. Everyone cannot BE a doctor… but a doctor can instill skills in his select staff… and that takes time.

Of course you can use puppet poster… it goes with ghost reader. :smiley:

After all I’ve gone through, I personally avoid the “cup half empty” view of life in general including negative opinions on body hair use. Particularly for repair patients like myself.

By 1982, the Bosley plug method on my head grew about as much as it was going to. The growth was decent, but of course it didn’t look natural. Between 1982 and 2005, my scalp hair thinned considerably, everywhere, even in the so-called safe area. While my scalp hair was thinning, my body hair was increasing and continues to increase. If anything, I would think that scalp hair would more commonly grow for a while then fall out while body hair would gradually become thicker and more dense over a long period of time. Jessica posted a photo of a Cole BHT patient’s results after 1 year next to a 2 year photo. There was an obvious improvement in fullness and density at the 2 year mark. Something I haven’t seen with scalp hair.

Interesting… NT…

So we just began day 2 of the BHT… I will get more pictures out today… The patient reports that he felt a drop of blood drip from the top of his scalp which means he probably had a graft pop up. When I looked at his scalp under magnification, he indeed had a graft laying on its side with a single line of blood coming from the site. Typically this is something that occurs from time to time. I will pull it and we will replace it. It is finished.

» all. If there were 100 cases, then 1-2 at best came up with some kind of a
» result.

Where did you come up with the 2% figure of growth/success?

Readers may do well to see the compilation of case results at this link.
http://www.hairsite.com/hair-loss/board_entry.php?id=4809

Yes, all BHT is not equal. Some clinics cant get any results and they say BHT doesnt work instead of saying BHT doesnt work in “their” hands.

BHT is not equivalent of scalp HT, but BH is an additional donor resource. Anyone NW 5 or above has to factor in the body and the facial hair resources.

Thank you for your well respected comments V… :smiley:

Thanks Veh!

Ok we are finished with extractions. But first I want folks to see what I see every morning here in Denver. Shear beauty. And may I add… the temperature today is 70 with a relative humidity of 28%. I hardly use an air conditioner… anyway.

making sites…

sites made here for this section.

This next collage shows Tina placing/planting grafts. The rubber foam on her finger is foam tape. It is used to put the grafts “on deck” to be placed. The foam tape holds moisture/saline like a well. Grafts left on a finger without saline/moisture can dry out in a matter of seconds. Every second that passes decrease the chance of it growing. The grafts are already traumatized. A simple thing as keeping them wet helps them tremendously. Some clinics use small cups or finger cups. Some clinics use nothing at all.

The lower picture is the tool of the technician… a jewler’s fine tip forcep AKA a straight forcep (which I use) and the very common forcep the 45 degree or curved forcep.

Finished product…

Dr. Harris’s final check.

And that about does it for the second day of BHT surgery as well as this expose’

Stats for today:

516 BHT extracted intact. No telogens used or extracted.
447 1’s
138 2’s

site size: 1.0mm flat blade
FUE type: SAFE METHOD
Punch size and type: 0.75mm score and 0.75mm blunt tip punch
Time in and out: 8:30AM-1:00PM

I am going home… Have a nice weekend.

Hairtech,please post photos of this guys donor area in a few months time.I am dying to see how the donor area heals & if there are any white dots.

BTW,I am a little bit younger then you.Even though I love your hair,I don’t want hair from an old man (Joke)

Damon he is coming back in in November. I told the fellow that he was a bit of an enigma and we were impressed that he was getting decent growth fro the small series sessions. The poor guy had plugs from a hair mill, where upon they took the plugs from the upper edge rim of the donor area… essentially they took plugs from an area susceptible to DHT destruction. So as the guy got older the plugs fell off in the recipient area. Can you freakon believe that Damon? It pisses me off.

Anywho he is coming back in this November… and I am monitoring his progress.