A Baldness Cure Now

Hello everyone,

We all know there is a technology already existing right this very moment that may cure our woes: the Acell matrix. And we all know that everyone who frequents this forum is reasonably intelligent, from oldies like JB and JTR, regulars like Baldie42 and benji, newbies like me, and the many others who lurk but do not post. Accordingly, there is no doubt in my mind that we have the knowledge, resources, time and sheer desperation to try to make something out of this Acell matrix. The hair transplant doctors, veterinarians, pharmaceutial companies, wig-makers, and virtually everyone else are not doing anything about our affliction. But that does not mean we can’t do anything!

This is what we need to do:

1. Find someone willing to have a HT procedure combined with an Acell matrix. (I nominate damon :-P)
  2. Find a veterinarian willing to obtain the Vet cell product.
  3. Find a doctor willing to perform the HT procedure.
  4. Research the hell out of the Acell matrix and possible underlying processes to determine the best protocol.
  5. Obtain funds necessary for #2-3.

I have access to cheap airline tickets, so I can help out in that regard. And of course I’d be willing to pitch in some funds for the procedure. And time is no problem for me, since I am in graduate school working on a dissertation.

Really, this is not that difficult. It might take a lot of phone calls and persuasion, but people in the past have done things much more complicated, such as figuring out structure of DNA and landing on the moon. So I have a truly serious but naive proposal:

WHY DON’T WE WORK TOGETHER AND END THIS DISEASE OF HAIR LOSS?

All the best,
BB

P.S. Raptor, do you have an email address? I am completely serious about trying to get this project off the ground.

This is a very interesting idea. I would contribute to it, and would help make this possible. My only concern is though, how much do we know about acell? Can this product return a fresh strip cut back to pre-surgical form?

This is a great idea, but I do not get how exactly one would apply this technology to a strip incision or FUE puncture wound. I have noticed that they do sell a powder form as opposed to a bioscaffold sheet - is this (the powder) what would be used in the wound??? My strip incisions have always been sewn tighter than a drum - where would you place this material for it to be effective?

I think you are little overacting here. It sounds good, but don’t forget that it is a new technology that has never been tested in humans properly. You are talking about an experiment which can have any result.
And although I do agree that damon deserves help, I also think that he should avoid any more experiments being performed on his head. He needs something that works, not something that might end up being another bad joke.

All these thoughts make me think that If it should really be tested, than probably in a very small scale first (just few neighbour fues taken from back, planted in front and the small bald spot in the back treated with this acell stuff).

Hey Boston…

I think your Idea is great as far as trying to get a sample to experiment with…and I would definetly be willing to donate to the cause also…but I kind of agree with Debris as far as using Damon…I am not sure how much coverage he has, but I would rather see the “experiment” performed on somebody with alot of coverage incase it didnt work it would be easy to disguise…I wouldnt want to cause any more scarring to his head if it didnt work…Nobody knows anything about how this product might or might not regrow the donor area…it would be best to start off small and slow…I am not trying to pump this stuff up too much, it might not work at all ???

Sounds good. So we need somebody with a lot of coverage who is willing to have a very small (say no larger than a total of 1 cm) part of his/her scalp treated. The procedure would be FUE, and then we would use the Acell product in the wound area. Any takers???

I would nominate myself, but my hair loss is far too extensive (I’m a norwood 5/6). And yeah, I agree that damon would probably not be a good candidate, unless he really felt up to the task. But honestly I just want to help the guy!

All the best,
BB

» Hey Boston…
»
» I think your Idea is great as far as trying to get a sample to experiment
» with…and I would definetly be willing to donate to the cause
» also…but I kind of agree with Debris as far as using Damon…I am not
» sure how much coverage he has, but I would rather see the “experiment”
» performed on somebody with alot of coverage incase it didnt work it would
» be easy to disguise…I wouldnt want to cause any more scarring to his
» head if it didnt work…Nobody knows anything about how this product
» might or might not regrow the donor area…it would be best to start off
» small and slow…I am not trying to pump this stuff up too much, it might
» not work at all ???

I’ve already told ACell I would volunteer for a study. On one of the other threads though, it said they wouldn’t be producing another batch of their matrix for a year.

I hate lawyers, they have slowed this down almost half a decade as it is!

Hey Boston,

Have you had a chance to contact any of the doctors you were talking about ??? And did you receive any responses ???

Have you gotten any responses from any of the HT doctors you were writing to ???

Not yet… still have some more to contact. Right now I’m just emailing them so more people are at least aware of the Acell matrix…

» Have you gotten any responses from any of the HT doctors you were writing
» to ???