.85 Punch - Donor + ACell and PRP

Patients are commonly concerned about how they will look after their hair transplant procedure. Here are side by side photos of our patient comparing healing approximately one and a half days after surgery. When ACell and PRP are used, we commonly see extraction sites virtually disappear on a head that was shaved down for surgery after 4 days.

CITNews works at Dr. Cole’s office

Hey Chuck, looks good. Do you guys typically use a .85 punch?

The healing looks good but the harvest itself looks kinda severe. I don’t see much room for another FUE pass in that area in the future.

[quote][postedby]Originally Posted by cal[/postedby]
The healing looks good but the harvest itself looks kinda severe. I don’t see much room for another FUE pass in that area in the future.[/quote]

Well if the donor hair can grow back then it will not be an issue then. I thought that is the whole idea of using Acell and PRP is to give the donor a chance to grow back.

Dr. Cole uses the .85 punch whenever possible. Dr. Cole begins surgery with a manual punch test kit. The purpose of the test kit is to determine the smallest punch that can be used to remove the grafts without transection. There are many variables to consider when scoring grafts. As you can see from the image, it’s not always possible to use an .85 punch to score, for instance an intact four-hair graft. The image is to scale as far as punch size and grafts are concerned. Of course, the punches are represented in the image many times larger than their actual size.

CITNews works at Dr. Cole’s office

Cole Hair Transplant
1045 Powers Place
Alpharetta, Georgia 30009
Phone 678-566-1011
email CITNews at chuck@forhair.com

Some people think the smaller the better but smallest punch is not always the best, it has to fit the size of the follicle you are extracting otherwise you are damaging the follicle tissue.