5900 FUSE graft (body + scalp) - 5 month update

Dear forum readers,
The patient poster, Farscalpe, recently shared his update and pictures of the progress of his procedure.
Procedure - 5900 FUSE grafts (scalp + body donor) in Dec 2006.

Noteworthy points of Farscalpe’s HT -

1. He was a NW 6 and had 5900 FUSE (scalp as well as body hair) grafts only.
    The crown was transplanted at a low density.

2. Farscalpe keeps his hair buzzed short in the recipient as well as the scalp donor areas.

Farscalpe’s HT details and pre op and intra op pictures can be read at the following link.
http://www.hairsite4.com/dc/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=12&topic_id=50321&mode=full

Farscalpe’s 7 week update and pictures can be viewed at the following link.
http://www.hairsite4.com/dc/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=12&topic_id=51685&mode=full

Farscalpe’s Pre HT picture

Regards,
Dr. A

Dear Forum readers,
The following are some of the pictures taken and sent by Farscalpe 5 months after his procedure.

Front

Front (no flash)

Front (no flash)

Side

Side (no flash)

Top (no flash)

Top (no flash)

Back

Regards,
Dr. A

Thanks Dr. A,

I think it is too early in this patients case for any meaningful comments.

» Thanks Dr. A,
»
» I think it is too early in this patients case for any meaningful comments.

I agree it looks almost the same to me the only difference is in the first picture it was even shorter.

Dr. A,
Congratulations to you and the patient. The 5900 grafts seem to have populated his shiny pate with a hairy turf. :flower:

Thats another NW 6 going the hairy and happy path.

» Dr. A,
» Congratulations to you and the patient. The 5900 grafts seem to have
» populated his shiny pate with a hairy turf. :flower:
»
» Thats another NW 6 going the hairy and happy path.

Spare the congratulation to the doctor to the 1 years mark.dont cheerlead yet things must be kept real in here.I also wish for this patient to have an excellent result but i do not forsee the future like you do.

By the way hairsite its a shame we cannot see how many posts each poster has. It was one way also to determine credibility.

» Thanks Dr. A,
»
» I think it is too early in this patients case for any meaningful comments.

Dear Marco,
Its best to have regular updates.
It gives the prospective patients an idea of what to expect at the different times post op.
Also, it prevents the possibility of only the cherrypicked results.

Regards,
Dr. A

» Thanks Dr. A,
» »
» » I think it is too early in this patients case for any meaningful
» comments.
»
» I agree it looks almost the same to me the only difference is in the first
» picture it was even shorter.

Dear TheGreek,
Thanks for pointing out the difficulties you faced in assessing the results till now in Farscalpe.

I have arranged some before and 5 months later pictures.
I hope this will help in a clear evaluation.
Farscalpe still keeps his hair buzzed cut as he did before his HT in Dec 2006.
Its only that now there is hair in the previously bald recipient area that needs to be buzzed cut.
His Dec 2006 and May 2007 have the hair cut to the same length.

Let me know if you have any further queries.
Regards and thanks for the input.
Dr. A

» » Dr. A,
» » Congratulations to you and the patient. The 5900 grafts seem to have
» » populated his shiny pate with a hairy turf. :flower:
» »
» » Thats another NW 6 going the hairy and happy path.
»
» Spare the congratulation to the doctor to the 1 years mark.dont cheerlead
» yet things must be kept real in here.I also wish for this patient to have
» an excellent result but i do not forsee the future like you do.
»
» By the way hairsite its a shame we cannot see how many posts each poster
» has. It was one way also to determine credibility.

Whats wrong son?! I post on other sites under the same name. Why do you cast doubt my credibility? I have stated what I saw. I dont push any doctors.
Its not wrong to wish happy results to fellow hair loss sufferers?

If this man has got so much hair growth at 5 months, surely it will only improve over the coming months!

Hello everyone,

I am providing this update to show what a combo of 5900 scalp / leg / chest hair looks like buzzed down with a #1 guard on a NW 6. I am also providing regular updates, as requested by forum members, even if there isn’t much of a change since the last update.

As you can see from the pics, the front still needs to thicken up a bit, and I’m hoping that will happen over the next few months. I would have to say that the rest, however, is mostly fully grown in. I will let Dr A respond to this, if he feels differently. The density for this is 30 grafts/sq cm, and about 40 grafts/sq cm in the hairline. There is a huge difference when a successful transplant is done at 60-80 grafts/sq cm.

5900 hairs on a NW 6 is not enough to provide the level of coverage that most everyone (including me) would ideally like to have. But, Dr A and I felt that this was the best way to place my first 5900 grafts. Sure, I would love another 6000+ grafts placed throughout this area, and I would love a different hairline, etc…But this is the reality of 5900 grafts (2/3 being body hair, 1/3 scalp hair) for a NW 6.

I am very happy with the result so far though. This is about the level of coverage I was expecting from 5900 grafts. It’s hard to tell from the pictures, but I really have a lot more hair now, and buzzed down, looks natural, I think.

In summary, it is my guess that my hair is mostly fully grown in at this point - with the exception of the front area. But I will still provide updates every 2-3 months as needed.

» By the way hairsite its a shame we cannot see how many posts each poster
» has. It was one way also to determine credibility.

Yes you can. Just click on any poster’s handle or username, you will see the # of posts and even see a history of the posts he made.

yes these pictures are far clearer growth is evident now and the difference really can be seen.I think it looks nice for 5900 on an nw6

By the way i like the short buzz the patient decide to keep. It gives me him a hairline when there was non before.Thats an option(buzzcut) that a strip patient cannot have. it looks nice when the sides are buzzed even shorter than the top

» » Thanks Dr. A,
» »
» » I think it is too early in this patients case for any meaningful
» comments.
»
» Dear Marco,
» Its best to have regular updates.
» It gives the prospective patients an idea of what to expect at the
» different times post op.
» Also, it prevents the possibility of only the cherry picked results.
»
» Regards,
» Dr. A

Dear Dr. A,

Thank you very much for posting such updates without cherrypicking. The results show a good improvement and the results are natural as other posters have said. Instinctively, it is easy for us to be enamoured by the “wow” results of patients receiving 70fu/cm2 but the issues and realities of that type of transplant are easily forgotten. I think reporting results as opposed from advertisement is more impressive so thanks.

A few questions.

How many cm2 were transplanted.
We were told that the patient received about 30fu/cm2. What do you think the yield is since, in the pic below, I have outlined areas that seem to have a lower growth at this stage.

What were your angulation choices with this patient. The impression of the angulation is obtuse rather than acute but this may not be the case.

You showed some results of a poster (“hanging in” or was it “checking in” ) who had poor BHT growth on the first pass and improved on the second pass. Did you gain any insights from that patient that helped with the current one?

Finally, how many FUs do you think were available from the patients scalp donor area.
Hoping for continued good results for your patients,
Marco.

Dear Marco,
Farscalpe had a combination of 3994 BH grafts and approx. 1900 scalp FUSE grafts.

Yes, there are yet, some spots where the hair have to sprout. The coming months should witness an increase in hair growth as well as coverage in those areas as well as the overall recipient.

The angulation of the recipient sites were acute, not obtuse.
Regards,
Dr. A

» » » Thanks Dr. A,
» » »
» » » I think it is too early in this patients case for any meaningful
» » comments.
» »
» » Dear Marco,
» » Its best to have regular updates.
» » It gives the prospective patients an idea of what to expect at the
» » different times post op.
» » Also, it prevents the possibility of only the cherry picked results.
» »
» » Regards,
» » Dr. A
»
»
» Dear Dr. A,
»
» Thank you very much for posting such updates without cherrypicking. The
» results show a good improvement and the results are natural as other
» posters have said. Instinctively, it is easy for us to be enamoured by the
» “wow” results of patients receiving 70fu/cm2 but the issues and realities
» of that type of transplant are easily forgotten. I think reporting results
» as opposed from advertisement is more impressive so thanks.
»
» A few questions.
»
» How many cm2 were transplanted.
» We were told that the patient received about 30fu/cm2. What do you think
» the yield is since, in the pic below, I have outlined areas that seem to
» have a lower growth at this stage.
»
» What were your angulation choices with this patient. The impression of the
» angulation is obtuse rather than acute but this may not be the case.
»
» You showed some results of a poster (“hanging in” or was it “checking in”
» ) who had poor BHT growth on the first pass and improved on the second
» pass. Did you gain any insights from that patient that helped with the
» current one?
»
» Finally, how many FUs do you think were available from the patients scalp
» donor area.
» Hoping for continued good results for your patients,
» Marco.
»
»