5880 grafts, one session, Dr. Hasson patient @ 1year

Gentlemen,

This patient is one year post-op from a single session of 5880 grafts. Hairline and temple point reconstruction were high on the list of priorities as well as the obvious change seen for the top of the scalp. He’s done.

Impressive.

Also, a H&W video has been added to our archives.
http://www.hairsite.com/hair-transplant-video/hassonandwong/video.htm

The video is not new, but it was just recently included in HairSite.

Here is the HD video we took of the patient. We just finished this edit.

HD video, 5880 grafts, one session, Dr. Hasson, one year

Great!!!

Come on Joe, get the guys to get on the FUE bandwagon!!!

Marco,

Thank you for the “great” comment. Can you tell me, or even better yet, show me one benefit that this patient would have received by having FUE instead of strip? Based on the results that we put out, like this one, on a REGULAR basis, asking us when we are going to start FUE is like asking us to short change the potential of the final result. I know that’s a harsh statement but for some reason statements like yours keep popping up, offering nothing of value, and denigrating a result that surpasses anything remotely similar in graft count via non-strip.

» Great!!!
»
» Come on Joe, get the guys to get on the FUE bandwagon!!!

Let’s not digress to another FUE vs STRIP debate. Shall we just stay on topic and focus on this result? You are welcome to start another thread with the FUE debate.

» Marco,
»
» Thank you for the “great” comment. Can you tell me, or even better yet,
» show me one benefit that this patient would have received by having FUE
» instead of strip? Based on the results that we put out, like this one, on
» a REGULAR basis, asking us when we are going to start FUE is like asking
» us to short change the potential of the final result. I know that’s a
» harsh statement but for some reason statements like yours keep popping up,
» offering nothing of value, and denigrating a result that surpasses anything
» remotely similar in graft count via non-strip.

Joe, I have been sanctioned by “the boss” so ---- it’s a great result. H&W amaze me with the number of “wow” results. The ability to transplant densely with almost perfect angulation in one session by undermining a large donor area such that the scar is minimal is truly phenomenal

Even though those comments above show my genuine respect for H&W can I still call you melon head:-P

You know what, when I read your answer to me in the thread above although it IS a bit harsh, you make a good point. I will start a thread on this and hope that you put your veiw forward. P.S I have read of one top surgeon (I forget her name) that make the same comment.

Marco,

I only asked in that manner because I know you understand and I know you can handle my tone. Thanks for the positive comments overall.

» Marco,
»
» I only asked in that manner because I know you understand and I know you
» can handle my tone. Thanks for the positive comments overall.

I think this is the right place for an FUE / strip discussion for the very reason that the BIG fears relating to strip are not relevant to H&W but O.K, I’ll put this on another thread and link it here but I would apreciate an asswer from you.

http://www.hairsite.com/hair-loss/forum_entry.php?id=13723&page=0&order=last_answer&descasc=DESC&category=2

If this gentleman plans to keep his hair this length he should be very happy.

Very nice result result.

He looks like a new man.

Kudos.

eyebrow transplants would help him to look better still.

Some people’s eyebrows thin with age, and now this can be helped.

Its good transplant work. It brings out his face more. Im sure his happy with it.

» eyebrow transplants would help him to look better still.
»
»
» Some people’s eyebrows thin with age, and now this can be helped.
»
»
»
» Its good transplant work. It brings out his face more. Im sure his happy
» with it.

who does eye brow transplants??? meaning what docs do that? i’ve never heard of that before. i guess they have plastic surgery for everything these days.

Great results.
I have one question. What % of your cases are wow results?
I may be wrong, and this is not anything against your docs. I am just curious.

If you do 600 cases a year, a 15% success alone will mean 2 wow results per week.

great transformation, thanks for sharing!

» Great results.
» I have one question. What % of your cases are wow results?
» I may be wrong, and this is not anything against your docs. I am just
» curious.
»
» If you do 600 cases a year, a 15% success alone will mean 2 wow results
» per week.

Its a nice improvement. How many more grafts does this guy have to play with?

Arun,

That is a very fair question but unfortunately the 2 results per week does not add up in the real world. Unfortunately it is rare that patients allow for their results to be plastered up on the web. I wish it were not so but this is the reality that we, as all clinics, must honor. I strongly feel that the “wow” factor is achieved much more than 15% of the time. “Wow” can be achieved with low levels of hair loss to aggressive levels of hair loss. It just depends on what you deem as being impressive but when you look at even the smaller cases I think that when the details are considered most of them are “wow”.

I’m not trying to start up another tired thread on the merits of strip vs. FUE. To each his own, as they say, and if this patient doesn’t mind having a long scar on the back of his head, then wonderful! He should be a happy man.

However, I, like many,would not have strip surgery under pretty well any circumstances. I’d like to be able to cut my hair how I like, and being forced to keep my hair longer than I might otherwise like is unacceptable. That being said, I recognize that Hasson and Wong are probably without peer, the finest transplant surgeons in the business. Never have I seen so many “wow” results from anybody, strip or FUE. If Hasson and Wong did FUE, I would be in Vancouver the next day, and would without question have my surgery with them. They’re that good. Unfortunately they do not, and not even for the expertise of H&W will I give myself an ear to ear scar across the back of my head. I bother to post this not because I’m some kind of zealot trying to promote some kind of surgery over another for good reason. I’m posting it because I sincerely wish H&W performed FUE.

So, I’m happy to second Marco’s motion: “Come on Joe, get the guys to get on the FUE bandwagon!!!”

Seriously, forward this message on to the good doctors.

» Marco,
»
» Thank you for the “great” comment. Can you tell me, or even better yet,
» show me one benefit that this patient would have received by having FUE
» instead of strip? Based on the results that we put out, like this one, on
» a REGULAR basis, asking us when we are going to start FUE is like asking
» us to short change the potential of the final result. I know that’s a
» harsh statement but for some reason statements like yours keep popping up,
» offering nothing of value, and denigrating a result that surpasses anything
» remotely similar in graft count via non-strip.

No kidding he’s “done.” That result is the kind of hair look that most MPB sufferers have written off the idea of ever getting back. The front bangs draping down across his forehead look very thick & natural. Some people (within the HT community) insist that they can always spot even the best HTs, but I’ll bet they wouldn’t pick this one out.

I didn’t even notice the eyebrow issue until it was pointed out but it’s very true. Probably a significant benefit to that addition if he chose to pursue it.

I’m with Bilo on the FUE comments. I often think to myself that H&W seem like the most trustworthy clinic in the business. I would love to get FUE work from them, even if it came with a warning that the graft-survival rates & consistency might be a bit lower than with their fabulous strip work.

» Arun,
»
» That is a very fair question but unfortunately the 2 results per week does
» not add up in the real world. Unfortunately it is rare that patients allow
» for their results to be plastered up on the web. I wish it were not so but
» this is the reality that we, as all clinics, must honor. I strongly feel
» that the “wow” factor is achieved much more than 15% of the time. “Wow”
» can be achieved with low levels of hair loss to aggressive levels of hair
» loss. It just depends on what you deem as being impressive but when you
» look at even the smaller cases I think that when the details are
» considered most of them are “wow”.

These clinics in order to get a surgery you have to book 3-6 months in advance and still we see very few results .I totally agree with the statement of 15% wow cases maybe less everything else is just marketing