5316 FUE and BHT with Dr. Umar the week of 12/04/06

Hello All,
I’ve posted this on other forums, but I thought I would post the story/updates here also. Here are some pics of my FUE/BHT session with Dr. Umar the week of 12/04/06. I was a NW6, and it was important to me that BHT was part of the process because I did not want to use all my head hair for possible future sessions.
I was scheduled for 5000 grafts, which he believed would be done within 5 days with no issues. It ended up being 4 days and 5316 grafts because of the BHT yield.
All consent forms and consoltations had been done already via Email/phone contact, so when I arrived on Tuesday morning, there was only the basic exams and paperwork to finish before the Dr. started.
After a brief exam from the Dr, he noticed that I had psoriasis that was just starting on my scalp ( which was news to me ), but he fully explained what this could mean for the transplant and that it did not jeopardize my proceedure as long as I kept and eye on it after I left his office. Dr. Umar is also a board certified dermatologist, so he was able to perscribe medication to help with the psoriasis also. That was a bonus…
Everything except the graft ‘cleaning’ is done by Dr. Umar only.

In the end, I had 1300 FUE and rest was all BHT…

The pics in the first post are from 3 days post op. The shin extraction point was from day 1 and the chest from days 2-4.
Post 2-4 will be just photos of the progression each month up until April.

These pics are from about 17 days post op.

From about 2 months post op.

About 3 months. I had trimmed the hairs a few times between month 2 and 3 just to keep it even.

April update, approx 4 months post op. These were taken the first week of April. I didn’t trim the hair this month, so month 3 and month 4 can be compared to see the amount of growth for the month.

Hi,

It is clear that the frontal grafts are showing growth more quickly. I am assuming (probably correctly) that these are scalp transplants. If so, then the BHT are way behind. What would you expect of the BHT growth in terms of initial show. What percentage of patients are likely to have problems with BHT growth. Dr, Umar, I do not think you answered this question on a post Bellow and you may not have seen it but I think you will now have enough data to make a comment.

» Hi,
»
» It is clear that the frontal grafts are showing growth more quickly. I am
» assuming (probably correctly) that these are scalp transplants. If so,
» then the BHT are way behind. What would you expect of the BHT growth in
» terms of initial show. What percentage of patients are likely to have
» problems with BHT growth. Dr, Umar, I do not think you answered this
» question on a post Bellow and you may not have seen it but I think you
» will now have enough data to make a comment.

Chest hair at least does not seem robust based on Dr. Umar’s earlier remarks on quality of body hair that would yiled the best results. Could that mean delay in growth? All the best and keep us posted.

» » Hi,
» »
» » It is clear that the frontal grafts are showing growth more quickly. I
» am
» » assuming (probably correctly) that these are scalp transplants. If so,
» » then the BHT are way behind. What would you expect of the BHT growth in
» » terms of initial show. What percentage of patients are likely to have
» » problems with BHT growth. Dr, Umar, I do not think you answered this
» » question on a post Bellow and you may not have seen it but I think you
» » will now have enough data to make a comment.
»
» Chest hair at least does not seem robust based on Dr. Umar’s earlier
» remarks on quality of body hair that would yiled the best results. Could
» that mean delay in growth? All the best and keep us posted.

Keep us posted, i never get to see the end result of a lot of these big BHT surgeries.