4035 FUHT - 11 month update - patient SS

SS visited us at 11 months after his HT.
His initial case (and 10 day later follow up) was shown as Case 3 at

http://www.hairsite4.com/dc/dcboard.php?az=set_threaded_mode&forum=12&page=1&topic_id=54331&prev_page=show_topic#54339

He is happy with the results till now and plans to go for further work to cover the top and crown areas.

Picture at 11 months with wet hair combed back

Before hair transplant picture

4035 FUHT grafts.
Pre transplant status - Norwood 5.
Additional information - 17 chest hair grafts transplanted in a specific area to help the patient assess their growth and the donor area healing.

Before and After.

Immediately after transplant picture

10 day after transplant picture

Dry hair (front) combed back

Profile/side view

Profile (wet hair combed back)

Front - Top view

Top - crown view

Wet hair parted to show the area that will be transplanted in the next session of hair transplant

Nice hairline. He has used a lot of grafts while leaving a consderable area to be covered in the next sessions.

It seems that he now plans to use BHT. Why did he not use FUE for the first part?

over all this is good, but i have seen cases where 4000 grafts have given complete coverage to a N-5 patient. Also whats the status on the BHT grafts that were used?

» over all this is good, but i have seen cases where 4000 grafts have given
» complete coverage to a N-5 patient. Also whats the status on the BHT
» grafts that were used?

4000 grafts will never give complete coverage on a NW5. No matter how curly or thick their hair is. End of story.

That amount of grafts can only give an evenly spread thinning look. I personally prefer to have a decent hairline and good coverage in the middle of the scalp.

if the results are good you can always go back to the crown at a later moment.

» » over all this is good, but i have seen cases where 4000 grafts have
» given
» » complete coverage to a N-5 patient. Also whats the status on the BHT
» » grafts that were used?
»
»
»
» 4000 grafts will never give complete coverage on a NW5. No matter how
» curly or thick their hair is. End of story.
»
» That amount of grafts can only give an evenly spread thinning look. I
» personally prefer to have a decent hairline and good coverage in the
» middle of the scalp.
»
» if the results are good you can always go back to the crown at a later
» moment.

I’m glad you said that because what he said was a complete fantasy. i think this an outstanding job. Excellent hairline even though I bet it might look a little pluggy up close. That is not the fault of Dr A and staff, rather the facts of life with dark hair and somewhat thick caliber hair at that. This guy is a perfect candidate for taking some leg hair and co-mingling in with the hair line.

Again, I’m guessing here because these pics look great, but I suspect the hair is very “strong” hair in the hairline. I normally am not a fan of the staggered hairline, but it works great on this guy.

Dear forum readers,
My advise to patients starting their hair restoration journey is to plan and discuss the finish stage at the onset.
Is their primary focus a strong and youthful hairline or is it fuller coverage of the crown?

In simple words - as far as possible, decide the final hairline you wish to go for, at the time you go for your first hair transplant.

In SH’s case, for example, the focus is a top - crown based approach.

SS’s case, being discussed on this thread, OTOH, is a hairline based approach.

In the hairline, mostly, if not solely, scalp hair will be used.

Thus, if a NW 5 or 6 wants a more ambitious/youthful hairline, but uses up most scalp hair for the top/crown, the additional beard and body donor hair will be of little help in the hairline.

SS chose to start with a youthful hairline and then to proceed back from there using the remaining scalp hair mixed with beard and body donor hair.

Regards,
Dr. A

I don’t know what the forum calls this or if there is a term for this, I am trying to refer to the jagged edges of the hairline. I see what the doctor is trying to accomplish but I think the end result looks artificial.

I like the wave pattern to the hairline. Very natural.
Excellent result as usual. :slight_smile:

» SS visited us at 11 months after his HT.
» His initial case (and 10 day later follow up) was shown as Case 3 at
»
» http://www.hairsite4.com/dc/dcboard.php?az=set_threaded_mode&forum=12&page=1&topic_id=54331&prev_page=show_topic#54339
»
» He is happy with the results till now and plans to go for further work to
» cover the top and crown areas.
»
» Picture at 11 months with wet hair combed back
»

»
»
» Before hair transplant picture
»
»
»
» 4035 FUHT grafts.
» Pre transplant status - Norwood 5.
» Additional information - 17 chest hair grafts transplanted in a specific
» area to help the patient assess their growth and the donor area healing.

Where is the TOP view of the patients head?

» I don’t know what the forum calls this or if there is a term for this, I am
» trying to refer to the jagged edges of the hairline. I see what the doctor
» is trying to accomplish but I think the end result looks artificial.

the hairline well resembles a natural given hairline, it´s only somehow striking as transplanted hair appear to be more robust than a “feathery” front

» over all this is good, but i have seen cases where 4000 grafts have given
» complete coverage to a N-5 patient.
»

Another brilliant comment by ApeSmith. LOL@ 4000 grafts giving complete coverage. :rotfl:

» » I don’t know what the forum calls this or if there is a term for this, I
» am
» » trying to refer to the jagged edges of the hairline. I see what the
» doctor
» » is trying to accomplish but I think the end result looks artificial.
»
»
» the hairline well resembles a natural given hairline, it´s only somehow
» striking as transplanted hair appear to be more robust than a “feathery”
» front

It is a very strong hairline with thick caliber hairs on the frontal hairline at very high density.

The “feathery” hairlines have small caliber hairs on the very front lines with the density increasing gradually behind the frontal hairline.

Both styles can look natural. It is a matter of preference and the patient’s hair characteristics.

Nice result.

I call it the “three peaks” hairline shape.

} ; - D

I went for this look too a few years back after living with a pretty straight across HT hairline for many years that was starting to look harsh or “stalky”.

IMO, it’s a great look for many guys.
The straight across or C-shaped HT hairlines sometimes look too linear, IMO.

These are the pictures I presented to the doctor who performed my last procedure for him to use as reference in 2005…

Congrats to the patient and I welcome him to the three-peaks brotherhood!

Hi Dr. Ruby,

Nice results. Do you actually perform FUSE as well, or only FUHT? I’ve only ever seen FUHT results from you.

Thanks,
Patrick

I actually agree withanothers members saying that that amount of grafts can only give an evenly spread thinning look. I personally dont like his present hairline. Next time he will get the work done on the top he should be more careful while celecting the hairline.

» SS visited us at 11 months after his HT.
» His initial case (and 10 day later follow up) was shown as Case 3 at
»
» 抚州灼中影视文化发展公司
»
» He is happy with the results till now and plans to go for further work to
» cover the top and crown areas.
»
» Picture at 11 months with wet hair combed back
»

»
»
» Before hair transplant picture
»
»
»
» 4035 FUHT grafts.
» Pre transplant status - Norwood 5.
» Additional information - 17 chest hair grafts transplanted in a specific
» area to help the patient assess their growth and the donor area healing.