4 weeks post-op (Armani) and grafts still haven\'t shed

Hi, I had my procedure with Dr. Armani in Toronto exactly 4 weeks ago, and the majority of my grafts still have not shed. Is this normal? From most of the previous patients’ post-op pictures that I have seen, most of them have had their grafts shed by the 3 week mark.

Also, I would like to know how long I should wait before I start running again. I was told by the clinic to wait one full month, but I’m not sure if I should wait until all of the grafts have shed before going back to heavy excercise.

Any feedback will be much appreciated.

Hey Pizzaboy,

Perfectly normal. Some people have them shed as early as week 2. Myself, most of my grafts were still in place at 4 weeks like yourself. I had the majority of my grafts shed between the 4 to 6 week period.

• Pats

» Hi, I had my procedure with Dr. Armani in Toronto exactly 4 weeks ago, and
» the majority of my grafts still have not shed. Is this normal? From most of
» the previous patients’ post-op pictures that I have seen, most of them have
» had their grafts shed by the 3 week mark.
»
» Also, I would like to know how long I should wait before I start running
» again. I was told by the clinic to wait one full month, but I’m not sure if
» I should wait until all of the grafts have shed before going back to heavy
» excercise.
»
»
» Any feedback will be much appreciated.

I had my procedure just over 4 weeks ago aswell and most of my scabs and grafts still didnt shed either at 1 month. I was told that you can take a normal shower after 4 weeks and gently remove and loose scabs. When the scabs come loose the grafts will shed. Also you are allowed to touch the recepient area and when i was rubbing in the minoxidil grafts were shedding. I just gently combed the wet loose scabs with 1 finger and when the scabs came loose sodid the grafts with them, along with taking a normal shower some scabs and grafts will come loose.

Thanks for the responses. Do you think it would be safe for me to return to my regular daily cardio? Or should I wait until the grafts are shed?

» Thanks for the responses. Do you think it would be safe for me to return to
» my regular daily cardio? Or should I wait until the grafts are shed?

You are fine at one month out. :slight_smile:

Mine took until week 5 to shed & some actually did not even shed which was a nice bonus lol!

Good luck in your HT journey!

Dan

» Mine took until week 5 to shed & some actually did not even shed which was
» a nice bonus lol!
»
» Good luck in your HT journey!
»
» Dan

My experience was very similar to Dan’s as well.

Your good to go for working out. One of the benefits of getting FUE is that you don’t have to worry about a strip scar stretching.

Good luck and keep us updated.