3334 FUT NW7 0-10; Dr Bisanga BHR Clinic

Dr Bisanga, BHR Clinic
NW7 Patient
3334 FUT, Tricophytic Closure
0-10 Months Progression

This is a NW7 patient we treated, his density averaged to approximately 65 and his safety zone was thin due to the patterning of hair loss in the vertex; that being the case we safely extracted 3334 grafts with FUT.

The goal was to frame the face whilst leaving the temples untouched due to the amount of grafts at our disposal and coverage being a more important factor for the patient.

The pictures show Pre Op, Post Op with Donor Suture & 10 Months Post Op with shaved down donor area to show the closure line.

He recently returned and we harvested a further 2100 FUT & 500 FUE, I will update later.

BEFORE SHOTS

IMMEDIATELY POST OP SHOTS

10 MONTHS POST OP SHOTS WITH SCAR LINE SHAVED AND CLOSE UP

That looks very good, especially for the ammount used. How many grafts would you say he has left to play with?

» That looks very good, especially for the ammount used. How many grafts
» would you say he has left to play with?

He recently returned to us, hence being able to shave his donor to show the linear scar healing, he had a further 2100 FUT & 500 FUE. So, to date he has received 5934 grafts over two procedures. The idea is to obviously wait for the last to grow out and then judge the donor capability.

What is the price difference between fue and strip at your clinic ?

» What is the price difference between fue and strip at your clinic ?

therpay,

Both are on a sliding scale, the more grafts the less the rate per FU.

FUT for example 3000-4000 €2.75 euros p/g, 4000-4500 2.60 euros p/g and 4500 plus 2.50 euros p/g

FUE, 0-1000 6 euros, 1000 plus grafts 4.50 euros per graft

» » What is the price difference between fue and strip at your clinic ?
»
» therpay,
»
» Both are on a sliding scale, the more grafts the less the rate per FU.
»
» FUT for example 3000-4000 €2.75 euros p/g, 4000-4500 2.60 euros p/g and
» 4500 plus 2.50 euros p/g
»
» FUE, 0-1000 6 euros, 1000 plus grafts 4.50 euros per graft

That is very expensiv especially with the dollar being so low against all currencies.

Excellent Documentation as usual!
And very nice growth for the number of grafts.

Like someone said ya the price seems to be on the higher end. Thanks for sharing.

» Excellent Documentation as usual!
» And very nice growth for the number of grafts.
»
» Like someone said ya the price seems to be on the higher end. Thanks for
» sharing.

Another stellar result from BHR.

Not sure where you guys get your prices estimates from, I was quoted more than that by Hasson for the same number of grafts. Even with the exchange rate BHR worked out less.

Their FUE prices are also less than most US docs, if the exchange rate was more balanced was they would be a hell of lot less, for the quality as well.

1 EURO = $1.5 USD

» 1 EURO = $1.5 USD

Geez the dollar to Euro is getting worse everyday. Last time I was in Europe… about this time last year… it was 1 Euro = $1.33

Anyway I just caught this result… Clean scar… the growth for this number is fabulous… and his hair characteristics were perfect for even more coverage.

» 1 EURO = $1.5 USD

Closer to 1.45, but no point splitting hairs over it. My point was regardless of the rates at the moment, I got a quote from them and Hasson and in euros BHR still worked out less for the same amount of grafts. So, you could argue with the quality they are pushing out and the rate they should at least be the same, but no they are still lower. Well done to them.

I think the importance is not to argue for about ±1.000 €/$. If the results are solid, and you feel comfortable with the doc and all, then thats what it counts. When you are thinking about a 15.000 $ procedure, what diff. does 1000 bucks makes :smiley: , as long as you feel you made the best choice.
Cheers

» » 1 EURO = $1.5 USD
»
» Closer to 1.45, but no point splitting hairs over it. My point was
» regardless of the rates at the moment, I got a quote from them and Hasson
» and in euros BHR still worked out less for the same amount of grafts. So,
» you could argue with the quality they are pushing out and the rate they
» should at least be the same, but no they are still lower. Well done to
» them.

Dr. Bisanga, do you believe in getting a strip first and then if the scar gets really bad, we then FUE the scar? Don’t you think this is the best way to maximize the amount of donor we can harvest and lowering the cost for the patient?

» Dr. Bisanga, do you believe in getting a strip first and then if the scar
» gets really bad, we then FUE the scar? Don’t you think this is the best
» way to maximize the amount of donor we can harvest and lowering the cost
» for the patient?

If I read the question correctly you are asking the best way to repair a strip scar that has stretched, either to revise, add grafts or possibly englobe; and then the two points, maximising the donor and the cost to the patient in monetary terms.
It is not a straight forward question to answer that covers all aspects and all potential scenarios. The position of the scar, the amount of stretch back, future goals, existing hair stability, donor density and potential grafts still able to be harvested. If, for example the original strip was taken outside the donor safety area and may become obvious if hair loss progressed it may be best to graft into the scar to camouflage it; on the other hand if the scar is well positioned and scalp conditions are still good it maybe more beneficial in both hair terms and financially to either revise or englobe.

»
» If I read the question correctly you are asking the best way to repair a
» strip scar that has stretched, either to revise, add grafts or possibly
» englobe; and then the two points, maximising the donor and the cost to the
» patient in monetary terms.

No, he is asking if you can get the most number of grafts by doing strip firts and then FUE sometime later while repairing any strip stretch durring the fue session. This is as oposed to just using FUE.

» »
» » If I read the question correctly you are asking the best way to repair
» a
» » strip scar that has stretched, either to revise, add grafts or possibly
» » englobe; and then the two points, maximising the donor and the cost to
» the
» » patient in monetary terms.
»
» No, he is asking if you can get the most number of grafts by doing strip
» firts and then FUE sometime later while repairing any strip stretch
» durring the fue session. This is as oposed to just using FUE.

Apologies, I was not quite sure; this is a debate that I am sure will run and run; As we perform both FUT & FUE and have performed large sessions of both it is maybe easier for us to determine what will give more or less.

I recently posted a large FUE case, 5500 FU over two sessions, the patient now has almost tapped out his FUE donor, maybe a few hundred left but certainly not 1000 plus; and this was with a better than average donor density to start with.

FUE can be misunderstood, just because the surface area may be wider than FUT donor does not mean there are more FU at your disposal to harvest. There are many factors to put into the equation that determine the FUE quota, miniturisation in the donor, FU patterning, size of FU’s, side of face diffused thinning (around the lateral and ear), nape of the neck thinning, head size age and potential for future loss.

If our 5500 FUE patient after had decided to go FUT in the first place he would have reached 5500 possibly in one session and then possibly able to have a smaller FUT after and still opt for FUE after that. His choice was to go FUE and reach max coverage and density as possible; so here is the trade off.

Of course if you wanted to waste the donor and take 50% then you could match that of FUT but you would leave the donor over harvested and thin and the patient with few options if any for the future.

Also talk of 10k genetically grouped FU being available with FUE, if we assume they are not split would be almost impossible taking into consideration a sensible safety zone harvested from, were not over harvested to leave the donor depleted and with no obvious scarring, there was no transection and miniaturisation. You would need to have a flat rate density throughout the donor of 110 FUcm2, a surface of 34cm by 8 cm to harvest around and harvest 35% of the FU per cm2.

This is not to say one is better than the other but when deciding you have to weigh up your options and what may be best for the future; in my experience large FUE results, 5000 plus are limited and not the norm, regardless if you spread over multiple sessions, few people can achieve this without over harvesting. As most people are looking for restoration that would mean it would not be possible with FUE alone and so it must be understood that FUT may well have to be a consideration. This is important because if you are adamant never to go FUT and have a linear scar then you will also have to realise the limitations to FUE, and possible not have a H/T.

Excellent post in my opinion. You may be very surprised at this but you are the FIRST AND ONLY CLINIC to state clearly that the FUE numbers are more limited than FUT. Several other clinics are at odds with your comments but the hard truths of evidence support everything that you say. I wish it were not the case but it is about time that we all faced this unpleasant reality.

» Excellent post in my opinion. You may be very surprised at this but you are
» the FIRST AND ONLY CLINIC to state clearly that the FUE numbers are more
» limited than FUT. Several other clinics are at odds with your comments but
» the hard truths of evidence support everything that you say. I wish it were
» not the case but it is about time that we all faced this unpleasant
» reality.

I think the results look pretty good for a nw7, does he have much to fill in the crown?

» » Excellent post in my opinion. You may be very surprised at this but you
» are
» » the FIRST AND ONLY CLINIC to state clearly that the FUE numbers are
» more
» » limited than FUT. Several other clinics are at odds with your comments
» but
» » the hard truths of evidence support everything that you say. I wish it
» were
» » not the case but it is about time that we all faced this unpleasant
» » reality.
»
» I think the results look pretty good for a nw7, does he have much to fill