Back in January of 2009 I had another procedure with Dr. Umar. The procedure consisted of approximately 3000 BEARD hair grafts. The goal was to improve upon an earlier procedure which consisted of approximately 1000 SCALP hair grafts to improve the crown and top areas of my head.
When I arrived at the office Dr. Umar and I both realized that the middle section of my hairline had worsened since my previous procedure. This was not anticipated before my arrival by either of us. My trip this time was planned to further improve upon my crown and top of my head areas; however, Dr. Umar very graciously offered to give me a start on the middle section of my hairline with several hundred scalp grafts. These grafts gave me a baseline start for more hairline work, but the hairline was not the main focus of this procedure.
As previously mentioned, I had approximately 3000 BEARD hair grafts placed in my crown and top of head areas. At the 4-6 month mark I didn’t think I was entirely happy with the outcome. I contacted Dr. Umar and sent him photos, and he advised me that I could not assess the full results until the 10-11 month mark especially since it was non-head hair.
Having most of my previous experiences only with scalp hair I expected my results to be better at the 4-6 month mark despite Dr. Umar telling me that this is not so for everyone and especially when dealing with non-head hair. I made the mistake of looking at other patients photos at earlier stages and trying to compare my results with their results, and I allowed myself to unjustly become discouraged;
This was a mistake. I have learned that you cannot judge your particular results based on results that others may have gotten in some particular time frame. At times it’s hard not to try and compare your results with the results of other people but you cannot in all instances.
The follwing photos are before my procedure with Dr. Umar and now at the 11.5 month mark since the last procedure in January of 2009. The beard hair really came in well in my crown and top of my head areas, but as I see now, it did take about 10-11 months for me to get the true result of the procedure.
I knew that a HT took patience, and now I see that when you are dealing with non-head hair it can even take much more patience.
You can also see before and after photos of my hairline (the after being with WET hair) and you can see I got an improvement in at least a preparation for further hairline work in the future. (But as previously alluded to my hairline was an unexpected minor part of this procedure.).
Videos will follow shortly which further shows the improvement of my crown and top of head areas. You will notice that I filmed my videos in very bright light.