3000 CIT to crown and frontal third (case Q) - Video results

Hi forum viewers,

This patient is a class 3v potential class v with average donor density of 180 hairs per cm2. This patient was treated with 3000 CIT grafts over two sessions. The goal of the patient was to fill-in the temple region recessions, maintain coverage on top, and add a natural density in the crown. At several months post-op, this patient has obtained excellent coverage and is satisfied with the new appearance.

764_file19.wmv

Could you let us know why you used two sessions?

How many more grafts do you think he can spare for fue?

Please use youtube or video.google.com for the videos.

This embbeded thing sucks.

Marco i think he used two sessions to increase the yield rate. from my udnerstanding the more fue graafts u do per day the lower the yield rate.

I bump craig’s question as well.

I have to admit, I’m getting really frustrated with the lighting in these videos and photos. In this video the lighting on the frozen before and after photos were very bright - i’m refering to the video itself. These millionaire surgeons can’t afford a light bulb?!? Give me a break.

Aside from that, I think the patient received decent coverage for 3000 grafts. Only question I have is did the patient get grafts from hairline to crown crown? Or only in crown and hairline? If its only frontal hairline and crown, how does the density of his mid-scalp become just as dense? Unless the lighting is a little off.

» Marco i think he used two sessions to increase the yield rate. from my
» udnerstanding the more fue graafts u do per day the lower the yield rate.

Please eleborate on the fact that you think this, what information did you use to come up with this assumption ???

Please state facts.

Thanks,

Bart

» » Marco i think he used two sessions to increase the yield rate. from my
» » udnerstanding the more fue graafts u do per day the lower the yield
» rate.
»
»
» Please eleborate on the fact that you think this, what information did you
» use to come up with this assumption ???
»
» Please state facts.
»
» Thanks,
»
» Bart

Fact: FUE is a very tedious and time consuming procedure.
Fact: Because it is so time consuming and such a tedious procedure this is the reason why it is so expensive compard to FUE
Fact: Because the surgeon must be so extremely careful in extracting the follicular unit one by one without damaging the follicule more time is spent is being careful without causing damage. Hence, large sessions like Strip cannot be performed with FUE procedures in one single day/session. Time nad human energy is of essence.
The lower number of grafts during a FUE procedure in one sitting the better yield rate as compared to large number of grafts (>3,000) during FUE procedures.

I wouldnt doubt surgeons have performed 3,000+ in one sitting, but the yield rate is HIGHLY likley lower as compared to that same surgery being performed in two days back to back.

You have nothing to prove to me about FUE being superior as I’m all for FUE and not at all for Strip (unless absolutely necessary). Hence the reason for my next surgery being FUE.

» Fact: FUE is a very tedious and time consuming procedure.

Yes it is more time consuming and tedious. However with a large team, using highly trained staff this is not an argument. As I write this up we are just finishing 4000 grafts for today, spread over 2 patients.

» Fact: Because it is so time consuming and such a tedious procedure this is
» the reason why it is so expensive compard to FUE

The price setting is dedicated by economics. When we where only doing 500 or 1000 grafts per day we charged much higher prices then today. Nowadays we are offering FUT level pricing since we can still have the same income on a daily basis (or even a bit more). FUE is not to be meant to be a “rich guy only” procedure.

» Fact: Because the surgeon must be so extremely careful in extracting the
» follicular unit one by one without damaging the follicule more time is
» spent is being careful without causing damage. Hence, large sessions like
» Strip cannot be performed with FUE procedures in one single day/session.

In regards to damaging follicles I would like to point out the following thread which contains crucial information about transections:

I will go even further to say that in general there is LESS potential for graft damage than during implanting. Of course I repeat that I am talking about our version of FUE, there seem to be lots of different versions.

Indeed, we can not pull of 5000 grafts on a single patient, but 3000-4000 are well within range over a 2 day consecutive procedure, regardless of laxity issues.

» Time nad human energy is of essence.
not sure what you mean here.

» The lower number of grafts during a FUE procedure in one sitting the
» better yield rate as compared to large number of grafts (>3,000) during FUE
» procedures.

Ok, but where do you base this fact on ?? Time is not an issue, for example large FUT sessions may also take 12+ hours to complete. BTW, the same argument was used by those who opposed FUT mega and giga sessions.

» I wouldnt doubt surgeons have performed 3,000+ in one sitting, but the
» yield rate is HIGHLY likley lower as compared to that same surgery being
» performed in two days back to back.

AGain, this is an assumption, not a fact. Look at my previous response.

»
» You have nothing to prove to me about FUE being superior as I’m all for
» FUE and not at all for Strip (unless absolutely necessary). Hence the
» reason for my next surgery being FUE.

I agree, FUE is superior in all aspects to any other hair transplantation method known to date.

I would also like to point out that we operate with a large team, up to 8 assistsants. Most clinics or docs performing FUE just have 1 or 2 assistants. In our setting this is not good enough to provide the level of quality we like to deliver during FUE megassesions. Hence we have created a set of assistants that have been trained using FUE grafts…

Bart:-)

»
» Indeed, we can not pull of 5000 grafts on a single patient, but 3000-4000
» are well within range over a 2 day consecutive procedure, regardless of
» laxity issues.

Bart, what did you mean here? That you can easily perform 3k-4k grafts over a range of a 2 day consecutive procedure? Because that’s what I read clearly and THAT’S what I’m saying. That it is better if done in a TWO day procedure back to back and not in ONE sitting. Where’s the counterism coming from then?

» »
» » Indeed, we can not pull of 5000 grafts on a single patient, but
» 3000-4000
» » are well within range over a 2 day consecutive procedure, regardless of
» » laxity issues.
»
»
» Bart, what did you mean here? That you can easily perform 3k-4k grafts
» over a range of a 2 day consecutive procedure? Because that’s what I read
» clearly and THAT’S what I’m saying. That it is better if done in a TWO day
» procedure back to back and not in ONE sitting. Where’s the counterism
» coming from then?

Sorry, it was not very clear.
Let me try again.

We can not pull of 5000 grafts in one day on a single patient. Frankly I dont believe it will ever happen with the FUE techniques as we know today. We are approaching the physical limits to what we can do in 1 day. IMHO around 3000 unsplit FUE will be about the limit for a one day session. We could do more, but there is also a patient physical limit, around 12 hours of treatment time is enough.

2 Days are needed when going for more then 2500-3000. We can easily do 4000 grafts over 2 days, giving the patients donor is good.

If you leave out the handfull of strip clinics that can perform giga sessions, we are doing more grafts than most strip surgeons are able to handle.

So, in all I guess we are on the same line on this one.

Thank you Bart and you’re right about one thing… we are agreeing on this one because that’s exactly what I was saying =)

» » »
» » » Indeed, we can not pull of 5000 grafts on a single patient, but
» » 3000-4000
» » » are well within range over a 2 day consecutive procedure, regardless
» of
» » » laxity issues.
» »
» »
» » Bart, what did you mean here? That you can easily perform 3k-4k grafts
» » over a range of a 2 day consecutive procedure? Because that’s what I
» read
» » clearly and THAT’S what I’m saying. That it is better if done in a TWO
» day
» » procedure back to back and not in ONE sitting. Where’s the counterism
» » coming from then?
»
» Sorry, it was not very clear.
» Let me try again.
»
» We can not pull of 5000 grafts in one day on a single patient. Frankly I
» dont believe it will ever happen with the FUE techniques as we know today.
» We are approaching the physical limits to what we can do in 1 day. IMHO
» around 3000 unsplit FUE will be about the limit for a one day session. We
» could do more, but there is also a patient physical limit, around 12 hours
» of treatment time is enough.
»
» 2 Days are needed when going for more then 2500-3000. We can easily do
» 4000 grafts over 2 days, giving the patients donor is good.
»
» If you leave out the handfull of strip clinics that can perform giga
» sessions, we are doing more grafts than most strip surgeons are able to
» handle.
»
» So, in all I guess we are on the same line on this one.

» » » Marco i think he used two sessions to increase the yield rate. from my
» » » udnerstanding the more fue graafts u do per day the lower the yield
» » rate.

There is probably some truth to that, I don’t care how good the doctor is, to harvest and plant 3000,4000,5000 follicles in 1 day is no easy task, it’s just not humanly possible for the doctor to handle each follicle with care 5000 times in 1 day

» » » » Marco i think he used two sessions to increase the yield rate. from
» my
» » » » udnerstanding the more fue graafts u do per day the lower the yield
» » » rate.
»
» There is probably some truth to that, I don’t care how good the doctor is,
» to harvest and plant 3000,4000,5000 follicles in 1 day is no easy task,
» it’s just not humanly possible for the doctor to handle each follicle with
» care 5000 times in 1 day

There is a nice article about dr. vs assistants on dr. Rassmans blog

“bverotti”,

You stated that you have 8 assistants helping out during the procedure.

What do the assistants do and what do the doctors do?

is this on youtube or anything or any photos posted? i dont see anything. i dont use internet explorer

» How many more grafts do you think he can spare for fue?

This patient could probably go for another 4000 with no problem.

» Please use youtube or video.google.com for the videos.
»
» This embbeded thing sucks.

Bugler,

Here is the youtube version:

Click here to view on Youtube:ok:

It is also on our front page under “featured Videos”…check it and many other videos :slight_smile:

Hi Redman,

The video should be visible on youtube and forhair. Also attached are before & after photos of the vertex. Obtaining consistent coverage in the vertex (crown) is usually approached by conservative sessions as the crown can widen over the years. The ideal scenario is to have fewer donor follicles harvested and have excellent coverage with more transplanted hairs per follicle. The effectiveness of having this treatment is dependant upon the patient and every surgical staff member involved in the procedure. That said, every single surgical staff member has been onboard for at least 3+ years.

» Could you let us know why you used two sessions?

Hi Marco,

This patient preferred two sessions, otherwise we would have completed the procedure over 2 or 3 days.