2796 FUE Hair Line Repair 0-8 Months Dr Bisanga BHR Clinic

Our Patient had a previous strip procedure; the remit was to repair his hair line and close temple points, use FUE to remove some plugs on the hair line and revise the strip scar with FUE.

Dr Bisanga slightly lowered the apex to create the correct angle to close the temples, this required 48 old plug grafts to be removed in and on the hair line; in his old strip scar approx. 170 grafts were placed

The hair count per FU was
690 single hair,
1053 Two hair,
653 Three hair &
400 Four Hair.

Pictures show pre op and design, old graft removal, placement and then progressive growth up to 8 months with wet pictures.

PRE OP, DESIGN & POST OP PLACEMENT

TWO MONTHS POST OP

FOUR MONTHS POST OP

FIVE MONTHS FUE INTO OLD STRIP SCAR

8 MONTHS POST OP WET PICTURES & 0-8 COMPARISONS

Nice work, I think the key is to do a little bit at a time before you lost all your hair so that nobody could tell you went for a hair transplant, like this guy who had enough hair to hide the transplant even when he was fresh out of surgery.

Did you re-use the old plugs that were removed for other areas?

These results look awesome, very good work.

»
»
»

I might be wrong here, as pics are a little dificult to be sure about, but this look like some of the best angulation that I have ever seen and better than much of armani’s work.

When consulted him I noticed that he was very confident about dealing with complex angulation and I think this is one of the areas that he has truly mastery of.

An incredible good result!

Are areas where the plugs were removed emty, or did you also put grafts there?

Im concidering a procedure within a year, and probably need to remove about 50 grafts from my hairline. But I dont want it to be 50 emty spots…

» An incredible good result!
»
» Are areas where the plugs were removed emty, or did you also put grafts
» there?
»
» Im concidering a procedure within a year, and probably need to remove
» about 50 grafts from my hairline. But I dont want it to be 50 emty spots…

Hi reiner,

The old plugs that were removed are always placed back into the scalp,

coolguy,

Old plug/graft removal really depends on the situation, the amount in an area and the direction/angle of the plug. When removed more often than not the angle of the old plug is wrong and so impossible to place directly back into the “hole”, you will just be causing wrong direction again. This does not necessarily mean you have empty spots but again it does depend on the size and how many plugs are removed in an area. It is very possible as it was in this case to remove and place close around the area not to leave “empty areas”.

That said it may also be necessary to suture the area when the plug has been removed, especially if they are close together or large plugs; in this case it would be necessary to wait and let the surrounding tissue relax and then place back into the area. A repair is very individual and by nature not always possible to get to the goal in one pass; a clear plan and understanding of the case is required so both doc and patient are well aware of any limitations; we find this ensures no disappointment if the goal is not reached in one pass.

Since you lowered the hairline, would not that be enough to hide the “pluggy” grafts?

Since I also have alot of 2 and 3 hairs in my hairline, hopefully lowering it about 2-3 mm will be enough…

» Since you lowered the hairline, would not that be enough to hide the
» “pluggy” grafts?
»
» Since I also have alot of 2 and 3 hairs in my hairline, hopefully lowering
» it about 2-3 mm will be enough…

Hi coolguy,

Whether lowering will hide the plugs well can depend on your hair characteristics, the size and the placement of the plug, angle and direction for example. Because the initial hair line is made up of single hair FU and finer hairs when possible sometimes there is not enough solidity to the line to camouflage. On the other hand unless they are really that bad skilled placement can disguise many times.

» » Since you lowered the hairline, would not that be enough to hide the
» » “pluggy” grafts?
» »
» » Since I also have alot of 2 and 3 hairs in my hairline, hopefully
» lowering
» » it about 2-3 mm will be enough…
»
» Hi coolguy,
»
» Whether lowering will hide the plugs well can depend on your hair
» characteristics, the size and the placement of the plug, angle and
» direction for example. Because the initial hair line is made up of single
» hair FU and finer hairs when possible sometimes there is not enough
» solidity to the line to camouflage. On the other hand unless they are
» really that bad skilled placement can disguise many times.

BHRclinic,

Does your clinic usually not replace “minis” with other FUs when repair of hair line is done?

» » » Since you lowered the hairline, would not that be enough to hide the
» » » “pluggy” grafts?
» » »
» » » Since I also have alot of 2 and 3 hairs in my hairline, hopefully
» » lowering
» » » it about 2-3 mm will be enough…
» »
» » Hi coolguy,
» »
» » Whether lowering will hide the plugs well can depend on your hair
» » characteristics, the size and the placement of the plug, angle and
» » direction for example. Because the initial hair line is made up of
» single
» » hair FU and finer hairs when possible sometimes there is not enough
» » solidity to the line to camouflage. On the other hand unless they are
» » really that bad skilled placement can disguise many times.
»
» BHRclinic,
»
» Does your clinic usually not replace “minis” with other FUs when repair of
» hair line is done?

Hi nwone,

If I get the meaning of your question correctly you are asking do we only ever remove some of the old grafts when we reconstruct.

It very much depends on the case and what has to be done to achieve a natural looking result, and the goals of the patient and where and how the old grafts are placed. If the old grafts sit directly on the hair line and maybe lowering the line is not an option than removal may well be required, or like in this case only a few of the offending grafts had to be removed. Why remove needlessly and potential cause more skin trauma than necessary. We are treating a case soon of total reversal of his previous work due to a lack of donor to repair his look.

So, really it is not a question that can be answered across the board, whatever is necessary to achieve the result will be done; total removal is not always necessary unless the old grafts interfere and impair the result.