2643 FUT Repair 0-9 Months BHR Clinic

Had 2 previous hair transplants, Strip, left incorrect angles and directions over the frontal third and beyond, goal was to improve his hair line and increase the density over the area to look natural. Pictures are before, placement and 9 months post op.

I think his previous work is an excellent example of what to expect from many clinics. The poorish angulation is a bigger problem than the below average density and limits what can be done later on. Better angulation would probably left a satisfactory result in my view. Good improvement!

» I think his previous work is an excellent example of what to expect from
» many clinics. The poorish angulation is a bigger problem than the below
» average density and limits what can be done later on. Better angulation
» would probably left a satisfactory result in my view. Good improvement!

I think his previous doctor did a good job, no plugs or anything, as for the angulation, I can’t tell what is correct and what isn’t, it looks pretty natural to me, what is the correct angle, the hair is supposed to be pointing forward, left, right or up?

Hi abcxyz

Obviously beauty is in the eye of the beholder,
and certainly the patient was not content with it, but I guess we all have different levels as to what is acceptable.

The hair angles in the frontal third are more acute to the hair behind, if you look at the pre op pictures it is clear, impossible for our patient to marry the two together as his own hair lays naturally and the HT hair is almost vertical.

Placement of grafts is such an important aspect of the procedure, the angle and direction the slit is made will determine the natural look and result; surrounding native hair has to be considered and the pattern followed, and if no surrounding hair then nature has to be followed to a large degree. We can cheat a little to give the illusion of more thickness from the grafts but only to a degree.

» I think his previous doctor did a good job, no plugs or anything, as for
» the angulation, I can’t tell what is correct and what isn’t, it looks
» pretty natural to me, what is the correct angle, the hair is supposed to be
» pointing forward, left, right or up?

Agreed! While thin, the previous work would be the envy of most prior transplant patients.

14 Month update