2500 grafts FUE with Dr. Armani, 6 weeks update

I am currently 6 weeks post-op after my procedure for 2500 grafts FUE with Dr. Armani in Toronto. All of my scabs/grafts fell out about a week and a half ago, and I am currently in what has been deemed the “ugly duckling” phase, where my hair actually looks even worse than it did prior to surgery.

I realize that you must have patience in seeing growth and that it is usually at least 3 months before the preliminary signs of growth are seen, but has anybody else gone through extreme impatience and frustration in going through this phase? I feel like, even though I am completely aware of the probable timetable awaiting me, and that I am looking forward to a good result, I can’t help but feel discouraged looking in the mirror everyday and seeing my horrible hair after all of the excitement I had shortly after the procedure.

Does anyone else have similar experiences with the first few months after surgery?

Probably everyone who has ever had a transplant has felt like you have now. The first month you are on a high because you can see the new grafts and you feel good about what you just did. As well, time goes by quickly because you are caring for your grafts.

Once the grafts shed there is nothing to do but wait, we have all been there. Its the toughest period.

In 6-8 weeks from now you’ll have turned the corner and the signs of growth and thickening will start and things are down hill from there. Then things just get better and better and you can’t help but be in a good mood all the time!!! :slight_smile:

got pics?

» I am currently 6 weeks post-op after my procedure for 2500 grafts FUE with
» Dr. Armani in Toronto. All of my scabs/grafts fell out about a week and a
» half ago, and I am currently in what has been deemed the “ugly duckling”
» phase, where my hair actually looks even worse than it did prior to
» surgery.
»
» I realize that you must have patience in seeing growth and that it is
» usually at least 3 months before the preliminary signs of growth are seen,
» but has anybody else gone through extreme impatience and frustration in
» going through this phase? I feel like, even though I am completely aware of
» the probable timetable awaiting me, and that I am looking forward to a good
» result, I can’t help but feel discouraged looking in the mirror everyday
» and seeing my horrible hair after all of the excitement I had shortly after
» the procedure.
»
» Does anyone else have similar experiences with the first few months after
» surgery?

man lol I can’t begin to express my worrysome ass for the entire first 3.5 months! I would do nothing but google and check hair transplant forums to see if this was normal, if everyone else experienced this. And I would always find that this is infact normal, yet the soothing comfort only lasted till the next morning!

At 4.5 months now I can swear that even if my hairs STOPPED! growing at this point I’d still be super happy. I’m absolutely extatic and thrilled with my hair as I am sure you will be too! The transition of 4 - 4.5 months and up is like day and night. Some experience major growths even at 7 or 8 months post-up. but the norm is after 4 months you’re smile will be getting wider and wider. And come 5th month you’ll be rocking the kool-aid smile.

Hang in there, be patient, stay optimistic. You have zero to worry about especially consiering you had it done with armani. You’ll be fine bud :ok: