2407 scalp FUSE grafts

Dear forum readers,
This is a case of one of our patients who underwent scalp FUSE procedure recently.

The patient has requested that his case be discussed and he has promised regular update pictures.

I believe posting pictures from the start helps avoid the possibility of readers seeing only cherrypicked results.

Patient details -
Caucasian.
2407 scalp FUSE grafts transplanted in a procedure performed in 2 days.

Pictures.

Regards,
Dr. A

Below is the link to the videoclip from before the start of the HT.
12_file21.wmv

Day 1

Day 2

Dr. Arvind, with the back of his head partially shaved, how is he going to look normal the first couple weeks after surgery? He can’t possibly go to work or go to public places like this.

Hi, this is Nate…the patient. I’m back at work now. I was out working remotely for 1 week post-op. The hair on the back and sides of my head has grown in quickly and i have cut the rest of my hair shorter to minimize the difference in length.

Its now 16 days after the surgery and most of my friends have said that they could not notice anything unless i make it obvious by pulling the hair from its normal place. I can post pictures tomorrow.

Nate, why did you choose Dr. A and not some doctors closer to you? I assume you don’t live near India, right ?

Hi everyone. Here are the pics 1 week post op.

And here are the 2 week pics. I reduced the size a little to make them better to look at. You can see that i have a shorter haircut now. I have not kept the procedure a secret from any of my friends/work/anyone in general. The haircut is not perfect, but is passable for now…hey, what do you expect? I just had surgery 2 weeks ago!

» Nate, why did you choose Dr. A and not some doctors closer to you? I
» assume you don’t live near India, right ?

Fastforward: I chose Dr. A for one reason and one reason only. Results. After looking at a TON of doctors in my area, i was not satisfied with what any of them could do. A lot of them lied to me and made promises they would never be able to keep. Dr. A was honest about the procedure from the beginning and about the results i could expect.

He also has some of the best 1 yr post op results i have seen online. I am thoroughly pleased with what he has done for me so far. As with most people who do HT, i would love to have more, but he has done an amazing job with the 2400 grafts and i could not have asked for more.

» And here are the 2 week pics. I reduced the size a little to make them
» better to look at. You can see that i have a shorter haircut now. I have
» not kept the procedure a secret from any of my friends/work/anyone in
» general. The haircut is not perfect, but is passable for now…hey, what
» do you expect? I just had surgery 2 weeks ago!
»
»

The photos are huge can you shrink it down a bit.

JonnyE - I have resized the photos. Can you remove the huge ones from your post?

» JonnyE - I have resized the photos. Can you remove the huge ones from your
» post?

I didnt add them so i have no clue how to get rid of them.

Hi everyone!

4 months post-op pictures. Things are going very well. I had some initial ingrown hairs in the back and front, but these have stopped. I’m seeing very good growth in the front and I am EXTREMELY happy with the results of the surgery. THANK YOU DR. A!!!

Let me know if you have any Questions.

Thanks,
Nate

Good growth for 4 months but why is your hair all over the place?

» Good growth for 4 months but why is your hair all over the place?

I don’t see a hairline being formed, just hair brushing forward.

Hi guys. Sorry about the hair all over the place-ness. I was trying to pull all of my hair up so you could see the hairline and all of the new growth. It was also a Sunday, which I usually like to call “lazy day”.

I suppose this is still early but the growth isn’t very even at this stage, some areas seem to be thinner than others.

» I suppose this is still early but the growth isn’t very even at this stage,
» some areas seem to be thinner than others.

M3Nate’s ht is based on a different plan. Instead of a dense frontal hairline, there is a zone of low density in the frontal rows (sort of no-hairline hairline). That is based on the plan that M3Nate wants to keep the hair brushed forward.

» » I suppose this is still early but the growth isn’t very even at this
» stage,
» » some areas seem to be thinner than others.
»
» M3Nate’s ht is based on a different plan. Instead of a dense frontal
» hairline, there is a zone of low density in the frontal rows (sort of
» no-hairline hairline). That is based on the plan that M3Nate wants to keep
» the hair brushed forward.

He has tons of hair, if I were him, I would go for full restoration rather than the ceasar look.

» » » I suppose this is still early but the growth isn’t very even at this
» » stage,
» » » some areas seem to be thinner than others.
» »
» » M3Nate’s ht is based on a different plan. Instead of a dense frontal
» » hairline, there is a zone of low density in the frontal rows (sort of
» » no-hairline hairline). That is based on the plan that M3Nate wants to
» keep
» » the hair brushed forward.
»
» He has tons of hair, if I were him, I would go for full restoration rather
» than the ceasar look.

I agree. Maybe if he cuts his hair shorter it would look more even all over. Right now the hair appears very uneven.