2.500 grafts - strip - repair - hdc medical

Hello to everybody,

I would to share with the forum the evolution of one case performed at the HDC Clinic by dr Michalis and the medical team.

This was a repair case, the patient had suffered two previous bad procedure in Spain with micrografts and bad scar.

The objective was to repair the scar and to fix the frontal area, increasing the density between the existing hair and creating a new hairline. The strip did not give much grafts as you can see, 2.500 grafts were the amount that the strip gave nevertheless I believe that they were very well managed.

This is the evolution in images, I updated the original thread in the Spanish forum with the pics that the patient sent me corresponding to 10 months after the transplant.

Before:

During:

3 months:

10 months:

Damn good. Very impressive.

WET UP CLOSE BEFORE hair photos and AFTER FURTHER AWAY DRY hair photos.

You didn’t before, but can you this time explain the inequities of your before and after photos?

This guy was basically a few hairs short of being a norwood5, and only 2500 grafts gave him “full coverage”. a certain depressed bald loser once made a huge issue of me saying “i have seen 4000 grafts give full coverage to a n5” yes i have, and in one instance even less grafts.

» WET UP CLOSE BEFORE hair photos and AFTER FURTHER AWAY DRY hair photos.
»
» You didn’t before, but can you this time explain the inequities of your
» before and after photos?

It doesn’t bother me that much that the before pics are wet this time, you can tell he is indeed very bald on top .

As a reminder, HDC Hair Clinic will be offering offering FREE no obligation consultations in their offices in Central London May 13-16 and in Manchester May 30 & 31.

Manchester Consultation:
Appointments are available May 30 & 31.

Email info@hdc.com.cy for details. Limited appointments.

London Consultation:
Appointments are available from May 13-16, between 10.00am-6.00pm.

Regus London Euston, 3rd Floor, 338 Euston Road, London NW1 3BT. The building is conveniently situated within a short walk from several underground stations: Regent’s Park, Euston Square, Baker Street. The closest by foot are Great Portland Street and Warren Street.

The consultation will last approximately one hour.

It will consist of a detailed presentation on:

1. Hair Transplantation Techniques explaining both Strip and FUE Methods.
  2. The latest developments in the field of Hair Transplants.
  3. Presentation of HDC results that will show you what to expect from your potential procedure

Personal diagnostic evaluation for your case that includes:

1. Exact Measurement of Density in the donor area with a Specialized micro camera
  2. Hairline design for those who need frontal Hair Replacement.
  3. Estimation of number of grafts needed to fill up the gaps or thinning hair
  4. Estimation of cost for achieving the desired goals

At the end of the consultation there will be a discussion about the issues that each individual wants to discuss.

The consultations are free of charge and are by appointment only. You can register by filling out HDC’s Online Consultation Form at www.hdc.com.cy. Please specify your preferred time for your consultation in the comments box and one of HDC’s representatives will contact you shortly to confirm your consultation.

You can also call
UK Free Phone 0808 2347929

For more info go to: http://www.hdc.com.cy

DIRECTIONS
If you are driving the property is located on the A501.

King’s Cross, St Pancras and Euston mailine Stations are also a short walk away, along the Euston Road heading west.

Directions from Great Portland Street (Metroplitan, Hammersmith & City and Circle Lines):
Exit the station and cross over to the left hand side of Euston Road. On the crossing head right (east), the second building is no 338.

Directions from Warren Street (Victoria and Northern Lines):
Exit the station onto Tottenham Court Road and go left. Use the crossing on Euston Road to go to other side so the underpass is on your left. The building is on your right hand side after Prêt a Manger and Starbucks.

Did you repair the old scars by doing a strip directly over the old scars? I am sorry I can’t explain myself very well, I hope you know what I am trying to say.

» Did you repair the old scars by doing a strip directly over the old scars?
» I am sorry I can’t explain myself very well, I hope you know what I am
» trying to say.

Hello NA, yes I know what you mean, do not worry, what the doctor did exactly was extract the keloid directly into the new strip, this way the strip gave less grafts but the doctor took all the measurements possibles to leave a good scar and to repair the old one as much as possible.

The truth is that I dont have pics of the scar yet but this will be not a problem because the patient will come back to HDC in the next few months to do another procedure for the crown, this time with FUE, and we will be able to take good pics of the donor, for what the patient told me he is extremely happy with the result of the scar as well as on the recipient area.

Escar.

Is this recent? I swear I have seen this scar before, not that it matters, just curious cause I recognize that scar.

»
»

A nasty set of scars to be sure. I have no idea why the original doctor decided to harvest at these odd angles.

I would be interested to see how the HDC doctor chose to work with the middle section of the scar, where the two scars come together. You can see how the skin healed in a twisted way in this area. It must be very hard for this patient to style his hair in this area, even after scar revision. He will probably need to keep his hair long in the back. What do you think, escar? More pictures of this would be interesting as you follow up with the patient.

» A nasty set of scars to be sure. I have no idea why the original doctor
» decided to harvest at these odd angles.
»
» I would be interested to see how the HDC doctor chose to work with the
» middle section of the scar, where the two scars come together. You can see
» how the skin healed in a twisted way in this area. It must be very hard
» for this patient to style his hair in this area, even after scar revision.
» He will probably need to keep his hair long in the back. What do you
» think, escar? More pictures of this would be interesting as you follow up
» with the patient.

I agree, very odd looking scars, how did it end up like that?

What do you think is the density in the recipient area before the procedure. Anyone???

»
» Before:

»
»
»
»
»
»
»

15-20 per cm2

Very nice result for that many grafts.

» 15-20 per cm2

I’dsay more. 25-ish???

» » 15-20 per cm2
»
» I’dsay more. 25-ish???

I think 20 give or take. Cole did some mature hairlines with only 35-40 grafts (i guess) and the pictures here look a lot thinner some of Cole’s work.

» What do you think is the density in the recipient area before the
» procedure. Anyone???
»
»
» »
» » Before:

» »
» »
» »
» »
» »
» »
» »
Preop density is good

» I would be interested to see how the HDC doctor chose to work with the
» middle section of the scar, where the two scars come together. You can see
» how the skin healed in a twisted way in this area.

Good question.

» » I would be interested to see how the HDC doctor chose to work with the
» » middle section of the scar, where the two scars come togeteher. You can
» see
» » how the skin healed in a twisted way in this area.
»
» Good question.

Hello, about the question, the two previous scars were taken by the spanish surgeon one for each procedure, so he took these two strips, each one from one side of the head, for most of you this will be strange but the truth is that many surgeons did this in the past time of the ht´s or even nowadays in many countries like Spain where there are not good and specialized ht doctors, the custom in such cases were to take one new strip for every new procedure in order to maximizer the number of grafts that can be obtained from the strip, what is curious because the majority of those surgeons like in Spain needed 3-4 procedures for a decent coverage, in their words, scaring!

About the case in question I do not have pics of the scar yet as I said previously but we will have the opportunity to take new pics fomr this area very soon when the patient comes again for his next FUE procedure for the crown.

In the meantime you can examine how dr Michalis work in such cases where at least two scars were taken previously.

This is one repair case performed last year in HDC, 4.200 GRAFTS - STRIP+FUE - REPAIR

As you can see the doctor adjust the extraction of the new strip in order to repair the previous one and like in the topic case, the patient are extremely happy with the result concerning the scar as well as the recipient area.