1412 FUE - Dr. Bisanga

1412 FUE - Dr. Bisanga

Hey everyone. It’s Friday night here in NYC and the only thing on my mind at the moment is to post here on Hairsite. LOL!!! It really is a beautiful night here in NY and I’m sure I’m missing out on a lot of fun but unfortunately or fortunately (we’ll find out which is which much later in the year) I had my first HT a week ago so no going out socially for a while.

I recall looking through all the PICs and stories that recent members posted here in the past and how it really helpful during my research so I am now doing my part.

Here are my stats.

Ethnicity: East Asian
Hair type: Straight and course
NW level: 2-2.5
Donor level: Medium – Low (My donor density is not good, Dr. B wanted only to harvest from the safe zone in the back. My sides cannot be touched because it’s so low. Responsible doctor focusing on the patient’s best interests. Gotta love that!)

Right now, I am at 1-week post op and I love the hairline. Also, through this experience I found out I don’t look half bad with a shaved head. Who knew?! My donor area is coming along nicely. It is still sensitive to the touch but it has healed quite quickly. Right now you really have to look hard to see any signs that it was harvested. I would say another 2 – 3 weeks of hair growth it would be completely unnoticeable.
The scabs on my recipient area are starting to fall off and some hairs along with it. I believe this is normal, in fact I’m suppose to lose most if not all the grafts at month one. Hate to see em go…

I like to thank Dr. B and Phil and the rest of the staff at BHR for making my first HT experience feel like a breeze. OK, it wasn’t a breeze it was surgery not vacation. Just in case some new guys to HT is reading this, I don’t want you guys to think it’s a walk in the park. But as surgeries go it really wasn’t that bad. Think of it like going to the dentist but spending the whole day there. Yes, I know. I had a great time too…

Design

Right After Surgery

1 Week Post Op

» 1412 FUE - Dr. Bisanga
»
» Hey everyone. It’s Friday night here in NYC and the only thing on my mind
» at the moment is to post here on Hairsite. LOL!!! It really is a beautiful
» night here in NY and I’m sure I’m missing out on a lot of fun but
» unfortunately or fortunately (we’ll find out which is which much later in
» the year) I had my first HT a week ago so no going out socially for a
» while.
»
» I recall looking through all the PICs and stories that recent members
» posted here in the past and how it really helpful during my research so I
» am now doing my part.
»
» Here are my stats.
»
» Age: 34
» Ethnicity: East Asian
» Hair type: Straight and course
» NW level: 2-2.5
» Donor level: Medium – Low (My donor density is not good, Dr. B wanted only
» to harvest from the safe zone in the back. My sides cannot be touched
» because it’s so low. Responsible doctor focusing on the patient’s best
» interests. Gotta love that!)
»
» Right now, I am at 1-week post op and I love the hairline. Also, through
» this experience I found out I don’t look half bad with a shaved head. Who
» knew?! My donor area is coming along nicely. It is still sensitive to the
» touch but it has healed quite quickly. Right now you really have to look
» hard to see any signs that it was harvested. I would say another 2 – 3
» weeks of hair growth it would be completely unnoticeable.
» The scabs on my recipient area are starting to fall off and some hairs
» along with it. I believe this is normal, in fact I’m suppose to lose most
» if not all the grafts at month one. Hate to see em go…
»
» I like to thank Dr. B and Phil and the rest of the staff at BHR for making
» my first HT experience feel like a breeze. OK, it wasn’t a breeze it was
» surgery not vacation. Just in case some new guys to HT is reading this, I
» don’t want you guys to think it’s a walk in the park. But as surgeries go
» it really wasn’t that bad. Think of it like going to the dentist but
» spending the whole day there. Yes, I know. I had a great time too…
»
»
»
» Design
»
»
» Right After Surgery
»
»
» 1 Week Post Op

Hairsite Admin,

I’m having some trouble uploading PICs. Could you assist?

Thanks!

Thanks for the update. Not sure why you are unable to upload your pics. Please email them to me, I will take care of it for you.

BEFORE

The new hairline looks great. The donor area will be healed before you know it, I think it was about the 2 week mark that I felt pretty comfortable with it in public. Good growing to you.

»
»
»
»
»
»
»

Hi,
Interesting to find that some of the donor hair has been taken from the sides close to where one usually shaves, I dont know whats the name of that area.
I have never seen FUE donor been taken from that area, is there any reason for that in this case? Is this hair considered to be even more resistant than the one from other areas?
Cheers!

» Hi,
» Interesting to find that some of the donor hair has been taken from the
» sides close to where one usually shaves, I dont know whats the name of that
» area.
» I have never seen FUE donor been taken from that area, is there any reason
» for that in this case? Is this hair considered to be even more resistant
» than the one from other areas?
» Cheers!

My grafts were taken from the same area. It came forward to the temple area and above the ears, but not past the midpoint of the ears.

» » Hi,
» » Interesting to find that some of the donor hair has been taken from the
» » sides close to where one usually shaves, I dont know whats the name of
» that
» » area.
» » I have never seen FUE donor been taken from that area, is there any
» reason
» » for that in this case? Is this hair considered to be even more
» resistant
» » than the one from other areas?
» » Cheers!
»
» My grafts were taken from the same area. It came forward to the temple
» area and above the ears, but not past the midpoint of the ears.

Hi whynot,

Hope you are well and good to see the healing going well; look forward to seeing the fruits of your labours in the next few months.

To go into a little more details as to whynots’ characteristics, in many ways there are very typical of Asian hair. It is not uncommon to find a lower density in the sides, and on occasions that much lower than the occipital and generally the back. The temple or sides commonly have a lower density on any person and as Asian hair characteristics lend to be made up of more single and double FU the lack of density is more pronounced, that along with the angulations of the hair from the scalp. When we shaved his donor it was agreed that to remove any FU from the sides would be ill advised, but moving around to the back his density increased to well above average.

The future was discussed as to available donor with FUE and then FUT/Strip and with that and according to whynot’s goals a sensible approach to this procedure was agreed. Donor management is vital with any procedure but becomes more of an issue with FUE as the risks are greater to over harvest, having the entire safety zone at your disposal.

Hi SDS1977

Good to hear all is going well for you and good growth; I would like to ask the odd question. Do you have your donor density pre op to hand and then the breakdown of hairs per FU placed. The reason I ask is because we did not touch whynot sides for the reasons above not because it was not necessary; normally even on a small procedure we will try and spread the extraction as far as possible to minimise the impact on the donor. To be able to extract 4000 FU without going past the ear is very uncommon and curious to know what your donor density was and why it was not spread.

»
» Good to hear all is going well for you and good growth; I would like to
» ask the odd question. Do you have your donor density pre op to hand and
» then the breakdown of hairs per FU placed. The reason I ask is because we
» did not touch whynot sides for the reasons above not because it was not
» necessary; normally even on a small procedure we will try and spread the
» extraction as far as possible to minimise the impact on the donor. To be
» able to extract 4000 FU without going past the ear is very uncommon and
» curious to know what your donor density was and why it was not spread.

I do not have record of my pre-op donor density, but Dr Armani did examine my hair pre-op and told me I had good density and good hair characteristics. The breakdown of the grafts were 1,901 Singles, 1,980 Doubles and 300 Triples for a total of 6,761 hairs. Like I said, the extractions did come forward and past the back of my ear, but ended before it reached the front of my ear. So the area where my hair begins to get thinner in the temples was avoided.

whynot sent me his pictures of 4 months post op, here you see his progress

»
»
» Right now, I am at 1-week post op and I love the hairline. Also, through
» this experience I found out I don’t look half bad with a shaved head. Who
» knew?!

I see you originally posted this on my birthday. :smiley:

I’m with ya on the shaved look. Going in to get my hideous strip scars filled in with some beard and chest hair, and in the process of getting head shaved I discovered something I thought I would never see: My butchered head looked almost normal when it was shaved. In fact, with one tiny session at the hairline I discovered a shaved head would be excellent to disguise previous bad work.
Unfortunately, I am damned if I do (strip scars evident), and damned if I dont (no hiding the front work, its that bad, hopefully better in a few more months, but it looked best shaved!)

» »
» »
» » Right now, I am at 1-week post op and I love the hairline. Also,
» through
» » this experience I found out I don’t look half bad with a shaved head.
» Who
» » knew?!
»
» I see you originally posted this on my birthday. :smiley:
»
»
» I’m with ya on the shaved look. Going in to get my hideous strip scars
» filled in with some beard and chest hair, and in the process of getting
» head shaved I discovered something I thought I would never see: My
» butchered head looked almost normal when it was shaved. In fact, with one
» tiny session at the hairline I discovered a shaved head would be excellent
» to disguise previous bad work.
» Unfortunately, I am damned if I do (strip scars evident), and damned if I
» dont (no hiding the front work, its that bad, hopefully better in a few
» more months, but it looked best shaved!)

I think that’s what the folks called the “less is more” effect, that is the first defense for guys losing hair, surprisingly many don’t get it and they wear the combover instead to hide their hairloss which has the exact opposite effect.