1100 CIT on Norwood III patient - 11 months post-op - RESULTS

In the summer of 07’, this Class III patient came to our clinic to restore the frontal hair line and recessions. The patient has slightly wavy dark brown hair with average donor density (180 hairs per square centimeter). The restoration of the hair line was completed in one CIT session of 1100 grafts. CIT, our form of FUE, is a harvesting technology whereby follicular groups can be “cherry-picked” by the physician to yield consistent quality results. This patient noted growth within just 4 months after the procedure which in not uncommon as all hairs do not grow at the same rate. As you can see in the photos below, the coverage is now excellent at 11 months post-op.

In consideration of further hair loss, the patient includes finasteride and Rogaine in the regimen of hair loss products to help maintain pre-existing hair. Hair loss can be a progressive condition and maximal medical therapy plays a very important role in the treatment of male pattern alopecia (baldness).

Good result but he was class III? I think he had way too much hair to be a class III

1_file18.wmv

» Good result but he was class III? I think he had way too much hair to be a
» class III

This patient had minimal hair loss but showed miniaturization more similar to a class III patient. The long slightly wavy hair give more coverage value to the patient’s scalp. Hair characteristics play a very important roll in the restoration process. Attached below, is a photo of the same patient.

» » Good result but he was class III? I think he had way too much hair to be
» a
» » class III
»
» This patient had minimal hair loss but showed miniaturization more similar
» to a class III patient. The long slightly wavy hair give more coverage
» value to the patient’s scalp. Hair characteristics play a very important
» roll in the restoration process. Attached below, is a photo of the same
» patient.

Here is a photo of the same patient. The hair loss on this patient is more evident with the hair pulled back. The waviness of the hair disguises the recession to a certain degree.