Zionaxel Flap/Scar Repair 664 FUE Before- work in Progress

Zion had flap surgery 15 years ago when he was about 26 years of age. The first flap was meant to cover from one side across his hairline to the other side, but was too short. Within the first week part of the flap died and turned necrosis, he went back to the doctor who took another flap from the other side to repair, this also partly died and now he has been left since then with a unnatural hairline and a necrosis scar along his hair line as well as two large scars running down the sides of his scalp.

The plan with Zion is long term, so this will be updated over the months and over his next procedures. Initial plan is to thin the flaps of the high density of hair, to diffuse the area and remove such a regimented looking hair line. The grafts were removed with a FUE punch and distributed into the scarring in the donor caused by the flap removal. Beard hair FUE was also removed and placed in to the flap scarring in his donor, slightly lower density placed into the scar to encourage the best yield possible.

Generally Zion’s scalp donor is quite low follicular unit density, with a higher number of smaller hair groups and some miniaturisation,so the plan is to leave his scalp donor alone if at all possible. This is just the initial steps of the repair, a mixture of the FUE from the flap and beard hair totalling 664 grafts were removed and placed into the scars.
The next steps will be to thin out the flap density further and use more beard hair to increase the density in the scars, thin out the flaps further, design a new hair line to join up the area left by the necrosis and then work behind the hair line with low density to give the “illusion” of gradient density loss over the frontal third.

Here we have post op pictures showing the extent of the damage the flap has caused, the necrosis on the hair line caused by the first flap not taking and the scarring in the donor. The post operational pictures go up to the first 14 days healing, grafts into scar, beard hair FUE healing and FUE removal of the follicular units from the flaps in the hair line. UPDATES TO FOLLOW…

PRE OP/RESULTS OF 2 FLAP SURGERIES IN THE PAST

POST OP 664 FUE FROM THE FLAPS AND BEARD, PLACED INTO THE DONOR SCARRING

BEARD HAIR FUE EXTRACTION FROM CHIN

FLAP FUE EXTRACTION OF FOLLICULAR UNITS

GRAFTS BACK INTO THE DONOR SCARRING

5 DAYS POST OP HEALING

BEARD HAIR FUE EXTRACTION

GRAFTS INTO THE DONOR SCARS HEALING

FUE REMOVAL OF GRAFTS IN THE FLAP

14 DAYS POST OP HEALING

FUE GRAFT REMOVAL FROM BEARD

GRAFTS INTO THE DONOR SCARS

FLAP GRAFT HEALING AFTER FUE GRAFT REMOVAL

looks good!!
Hope everythng turns out well for the patient including subsequent procedures he may decide to undergo:)

OMG! whatta he** was that before pic …?? insane stuff :smiley:

Please keep us updated with pictures of this case. It will help us all to see what can be done for scar grafting…the pros/cons.

The FUE punches from the flap are healing very well and many cannot be seen now, the grafts placed in the scar have started to fall out now also.

the guys been through hell, im glad bhr was able to do this for him he really deserves a break, if anyone can fix it, its bisanga, his skill is unrivaled, looking forward to see your results in a few short months, all the best

Is he one of the guys who get free repair from Bisanga? This guy deserves that more than anyone else.

» Is he one of the guys who get free repair from Bisanga? This guy deserves
» that more than anyone else.-------I Agree but can he truly be repaired to a degree that is acceptable or only improved? Anything improvement would help but in the end, will the result still leave a lot to be desired? These are only reasonable thoughts. I give the clinic credit for trying though.

Poor guy, I really feel sorry for him, where is the doctor who did this to him? He should pay for all the repairs and apologise profusely for ruining someone’s life, this is a crime!!!

» Poor guy, I really feel sorry for him, where is the doctor who did this to
» him? He should pay for all the repairs and apologise profusely for ruining
» someone’s life, this is a crime!!!

Absolutely, how could the doctor live with himself all these years and who knows how many other lives he had ruined, on the other hand, I am glad more doctors are embracing beard donor, I think it has great potential, still, it will be years before he can feel normal again.

Thanks for all the positively encouraging comments, Zion will appreciate the support. He has a really good take on life and has not let this get him down, although you could understand how it could, but he refused and has a happy life, albeit under a baseball cap.

Before starting this Zion and Dr. Bisanga discussed goals, time lines, how many possible procedures and what was potentially possible and whether we could possibly get close to a result that would be a big improvement for Zion because that was the purpose, not just to do a procedure but long term make a positive improvement and a tangible improvement at that. It was felt by all to be possible and worth it. Zion has been documenting his case with clear pictures and will continue, he himself wants to show others what can be done, pros and cons.

The doc who performed this flap, Zion later found out he had a history of bad cases to his name, it’s not known where he is now.

The bottom line is any improvement will help. He will never have a great head of hair but perhaps a good frame to the face and be improved for him because his current state is so bad. Most likely it will look like in the end that he still needs more hair because of the limitations of donor hair. In other words it will always look like he needs more hair but will be able to remove the hat and go out in public in peace. Certain styles may help such as a short cut. This could make it work somewhat. As far as being happy under a hat well… I wish him the very best and would not get my hopes too high. Remember realistic expectations- That is the key. Again I give the clinic credit for trying. I hope the doctor who did this to him is barred from medicine but knowing this industry I doubt it.

4 weeks post op healing

» 4 weeks post op healing
»
»

»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»
»

are those beard hairs growing in the scar or regular scalp donor?

The hair we placed into the scars were a mix of beard hair and scalp hair Dr. Bisanga punched from the flap on his hair line, approx. 50/50 mix

» The hair we placed into the scars were a mix of beard hair and scalp hair
» Dr. Bisanga punched from the flap on his hair line, approx. 50/50 mix

Some of them look very coarse, I think that could be beard hairs, it’ s amazing they are growing in just 4 weeks after the operation, you know how some posters say body/beard hairs take longer to grow? that’s not true in this case.

Beard hairs are coarser and in my personal experience many have stayed put and grew post surgery just as in Zion’s case. Scalp hair seems more prone traditionally to falling as the graft goes into a dorment stage then growing after 3 months etc but really not the case with beard hair. I thought I had imagined it after my first beard hair op a few years ago, but after three of them now I know this to be true for me and other. Well spotted!