Zayden\'s Impossible Hair Transplant Repair w/ Dr. Arvind - Nov 2008

Zayden’s case was first discussed at this link,
http://www.hairsite.com/hair-loss/forum_entry-id-6715.html

Zayden is only 25 years old. He had the “Expander” and “Flap” procedures done two years ago, and left with these horrific results.

I had tried on various occasions to put Zayden in touch with prominent doctors at the ISHRS hoping that someone would offer him help. No luck whatsoever.

Thankfully, we have two non ISHRS affiliated doctors willing to offer Zayden help: Dr. Arvind and Dr. Bazan.

Zayden has finally scheduled this impossible hair transplant repair with Dr. Arvind, November 3-7, 2008. He will document his progress in the forum.

I can speak for everyone in the forum that we wish Zayden BEST OF LUCK with Dr. Arvind, and of course, a heartfelt THANK YOU to Dr. Arvind for offering Zayden a second chance to a normal life.

i dont believe this, this was posted over a year ago, nobody did anything for this guy till now?

OMG, who did that? The doctor should be put behind bars.

» i dont believe this, this was posted over a year ago, nobody did anything
» for this guy till now?

Hey, its nice that someone has scheduled him in, for one thing, this is a 4 day repair, for another thing, Dr. Arvind usually has a busy schedule, as I found out when inquiring about his availability last year.

This is a challenging repair case and he is in good hands with Dr. Arvind. Both Dr. Bazan and Dr. Arvind deserve much credit for agreeing to repair him.

I know I will be pulling for him to achieve his goals of a natural looking head of hair. I, like everyone else, will be following closely.

» » i dont believe this, this was posted over a year ago, nobody did
» anything
» » for this guy till now?
»
» Hey, its nice that someone has scheduled him in, for one thing, this is a
» 4 day repair, for another thing, Dr. Arvind usually has a busy schedule, as
» I found out when inquiring about his availability last year.
»
» This is a challenging repair case and he is in good hands with Dr. Arvind.
» Both Dr. Bazan and Dr. Arvind deserve much credit for agreeing to repair
» him.
»
» I know I will be pulling for him to achieve his goals of a natural looking
» head of hair. I, like everyone else, will be following closely.

Kudos to Dr. Arvind, although i am not sure what can be done for this guy, look at the massive scarring and discoloration, it will take a miracle to reverse all that.

» OMG, who did that? The doctor should be put behind bars.

Yes I agree Craig… If I did that to someones head Id be put in jail for life im sure. This Dr got paid big money to destroy this guys head.

»
» Kudos to Dr. Arvind, although i am not sure what can be done for this guy,
» look at the massive scarring and discoloration, it will take a miracle to
» reverse all that.

I dont think there is a way to reverse anything. More like concealment. And body hair, as well as head hair, has been shown to grow in scar tissue.

I would like to know who the hell is responsible for the flap surgery. He should be paying Dr. Arvind for his time.

Do you have any before picture for him? I wonder what his hair looked like before , he is only 25, how could 1 hair transplant totally wiped out all his hair? Maybe he has some medical conditions that caused him to lose his hair like this, and the discoloration is so weird, I have never seen anything like this before.

I agree that this case is quite different. It truly sad to see this young guy go through this. I wish him the best and hope that everything turns out good for him. This is a good lesson to learn from though. Anyone on this site looking for to make the decision of a hair transplant should research extensively for the best doctor. The cheapest price isn’t always the best decision. Looking back at my research, the best decision I made physically going to Dr. Armani’s office and seeing patients and pictures of countless others. It helped my a ton when I chose Dr. Armani’s clinic. This is a life changing surgery and patients should treat it as such. Research and ask questions and make an educated decision before choosing a clinic.

What does Dr. A have in mind for him? how confident is Dr. A that he can fix the problem? Dont sell him any false hopes, that is the last thing he needs.

why post before pics if the procedure is just a plan for now

kind of takes the wind out of it, I would say

» why post before pics if the procedure is just a plan for now
»
» kind of takes the wind out of it, I would say

Say what? He’s already scheduled for next month.

double post, excuse please

The answer is beard hair. Especially with a patient willing to possibly keep his hair cut short (worst case scenario) and limited donor supply.

I’ll be posting an update to my latest procedure last December (12/07) soon and the majority of the success I believe lies in beard hair done properly.

I’ll share some recent stories/anecdotes very soon. I’ve had an incredibly busy summer and apologize for my absence. I have now had 3 body hair transplants in the last 3 years and have pretty good experience on expectations, outcome and personal observations. Cheers.

checkingin

» »
» » Kudos to Dr. Arvind, although i am not sure what can be done for this
» guy,
» » look at the massive scarring and discoloration, it will take a miracle
» to
» » reverse all that.
»
» I dont think there is a way to reverse anything. More like concealment.
» And body hair, as well as head hair, has been shown to grow in scar
» tissue.
»
» I would like to know who the hell is responsible for the flap surgery. He
» should be paying Dr. Arvind for his time.

» The answer is beard hair. Especially with a patient willing to possibly
» keep his hair cut short (worst case scenario) and limited donor supply.
»
» I’ll be posting an update to my latest procedure last December (12/07)
» soon and the majority of the success I believe lies in beard hair done
» properly.
»
» I’ll share some recent stories/anecdotes very soon. I’ve had an
» incredibly busy summer and apologize for my absence. I have now had 3 body
» hair transplants in the last 3 years and have pretty good experience on
» expectations, outcome and personal observations. Cheers.
»
» checkingin

you went to Umar for the past 3 BHTs?

Dear forum readers,
While I have my own plan for the repair HT of Zayden, opinion and input from all forum readers is always appreciated.

I look forward to reading your words of advise.

Regards,
Dr. A

» Dear forum readers,
» While I have my own plan for the repair HT of Zayden, opinion and input
» from all forum readers is always appreciated.
»
» I look forward to reading your words of advise.
»
» Regards,
» Dr. A

Dr. A, do you know what happened to him, how and why it happened, did he lose all his hair due to the hair transplant and what about the discoloration, it looks so weird, looks like a medical condition than the typical male pattern baldness.

» Dear forum readers,
» While I have my own plan for the repair HT of Zayden, opinion and input
» from all forum readers is always appreciated.
»
» I look forward to reading your words of advise.
»
» Regards,
» Dr. A

What you could do is start off with rebuilding the hairline with scalp FUE. Im thinking you could get around 2K grafts this way to create the hairline. I cant tell if he has good body hair to harvest or not but you can work your way back with a combination of chest or leg right behind the hairline and working back into beard hair perhaps. I wonder what your plans are with the undamaged scalp hair that meets in the middle of the scalp and ties the sides in, and whether this can, or will, be used somewhere else, perhaps at the hairline.

I would also think you will leave the crown alone and concentrate on the frontal 2/3. This is going to be a very interesting repair case and rival or surpass some of the horror stories I’ve seen repaired by Dr. Umar. Good luck Dr. Arvind.

» » Dear forum readers,
» » While I have my own plan for the repair HT of Zayden, opinion and input
» » from all forum readers is always appreciated.
» »
» » I look forward to reading your words of advise.
» »
» » Regards,
» » Dr. A
»
» Dr. A, do you know what happened to him, how and why it happened, did he
» lose all his hair due to the hair transplant and what about the
» discoloration, it looks so weird, looks like a medical condition than the
» typical male pattern baldness.

4 years ago, I had a discoloration in the left side of my head near to the left temple, with a few hair loss in the crown area, The doctor plan was to use the expander technique to remove the discoloration and to treat the hair loss in the crown area, the 2 expanders were used for about 3 months inside my head, during the first month I noticed that the left expander wasn’t placed right like the right one, because it was expanding my forehead more than expanding my left head side (and was really painful).

It was a real shock for me the first time I saw myself after removing the expanders, and the flap wasn’t properly set which made the unsymmetry and for sure destroyed my frontal look. also the crown area baldness increased.

Zayden