You guys need to calm down about Acell

I was very into Acell around the same time Willy was. I spent practially every week on the phone with Mr,. Manning from Acell for updates. I hope and pray I’m wrong but this is not a game changer. The Jones experiment failed and he has no reason to lie about not being given alternative methods. When I spoke with Acell they said jones let it dry out and scaB, If it was that simple why didnt he try it again. Those pictures from hitzig are beyond a joke. They are a case study in how not to take before and after photos. Im surprised bernstein is trying it tho.

What about Cooley and Rassman? How do you feel about those docs trying it? Cooley seems to be investigating it at a microscopic level and discovering positive results.

I agree that if it were just Dr. Hitzig claiming results that I would be very skeptical, but these other doctors bring alot of credibility to his claims. They were impressed enough by his findings to at least try it. It must have SOME credibility.

» What about Cooley and Rassman? How do you feel about those docs trying it?
» Cooley seems to be investigating it at a microscopic level and discovering
» positive results.

Honestly bernstein is the biggest shock to me. He is very very conservative and normally says all this stuff is garbage. I don’t know about rassman or cooley. I do think we shouldnt get our hopes up. I really havent seen any real credible photo’s yet. I just dont think this is the game changer that its being pushed as. PRP was a massive failure. I;ve had it twice and it does not do anything for hair loss.

» I agree that if it were just Dr. Hitzig claiming results that I would be
» very skeptical, but these other doctors bring alot of credibility to his
» claims. They were impressed enough by his findings to at least try it. It
» must have SOME credibility.

I hope and pray your right and I’m wrong I just dont think theres anything to get excited about yet.

» » I agree that if it were just Dr. Hitzig claiming results that I would be
» » very skeptical, but these other doctors bring alot of credibility to
» his
» » claims. They were impressed enough by his findings to at least try it.
» It
» » must have SOME credibility.
»
» I hope and pray your right and I’m wrong I just dont think theres anything
» to get excited about yet.

I hope so too. I have nothing to base my feelings on other than gut instinct and wishful thinking. I didn’t know that you had PRP…sucks that you haven’t had any results :frowning: The biggest reason that I got my hopes up on Acell (again) is because so many “skeptical” doctors are trying it. From what I understand, Dr. Rassman and Dr. Bernstein are both very skeptical toward all new HM “discoveries” and yet, both seem to be somewhat positive about Acell. Also, Dr. Cooley has a great reputation in the field, so I personally believe that he wouldn’t want to risk ruining his reputation by making false claims about a product…that can be proven one way or another. I HOPE that I am right about this, but there are WAY to many unanswered questions about these findings to have very much confidence yet…we will see.

» » » I agree that if it were just Dr. Hitzig claiming results that I would
» be
» » » very skeptical, but these other doctors bring alot of credibility to
» » his
» » » claims. They were impressed enough by his findings to at least try
» it.
» » It
» » » must have SOME credibility.
» »
» » I hope and pray your right and I’m wrong I just dont think theres
» anything
» » to get excited about yet.
»
» I hope so too. I have nothing to base my feelings on other than gut
» instinct and wishful thinking. I didn’t know that you had PRP…sucks
» that you haven’t had any results :frowning: The biggest reason that I got my hopes
» up on Acell (again) is because so many “skeptical” doctors are trying it.
» From what I understand, Dr. Rassman and Dr. Bernstein are both very
» skeptical toward all new HM “discoveries” and yet, both seem to be somewhat
» positive about Acell. Also, Dr. Cooley has a great reputation in the
» field, so I personally believe that he wouldn’t want to risk ruining his
» reputation by making false claims about a product…that can be proven
» one way or another. I HOPE that I am right about this, but there are WAY
» to many unanswered questions about these findings to have very much
» confidence yet…we will see.

The skeptical docs are a big point to be positivie but feller whos also a skeptic jumped on the prp band wagon so that just means there willing to try it. I really havent heard of anyone get results from prp. the best i heard is some ppl think it might have stopped shedding

» Honestly bernstein is the biggest shock to me. He is very very
» conservative and normally says all this stuff is garbage. I don’t know
» about rassman or cooley. I do think we shouldnt get our hopes up. I really
» havent seen any real credible photo’s yet. I just dont think this is the
» game changer that its being pushed as. PRP was a massive failure. I;ve had
» it twice and it does not do anything for hair loss.

No credible photos? So the microphotograph of a fully reconstituted plucked hair follicle didn’t do it for you?

I’m not saying ACell is the perfect cure (I’m actually still quite skeptical), but it doesn’t seem like you have been following the most recent developments very closely.

Also, it was obvious from the beginning that PRP wasn’t going to work.

Hair loss has nothing to do with blood platelets - randomly injecting distilled plasma into the scalp was a ludicrous proposal.

» I was very into Acell around the same time Willy was. I spent practially
» every week on the phone with Mr,. Manning from Acell for updates. I hope
» and pray I’m wrong but this is not a game changer. The Jones experiment
» failed and he has no reason to lie about not being given alternative
» methods. When I spoke with Acell they said jones let it dry out and scaB,
» If it was that simple why didnt he try it again. Those pictures from
» hitzig are beyond a joke. They are a case study in how not to take before
» and after photos. Im surprised bernstein is trying it tho.

The TV show, 60 Minutes, report on the regenerative properties of Extracellular Matrix (i.e., Acell), used to Re-Grow Body Parts: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GwcT1ViM-hw&feature=related

This stuff works.

If it can regrow bladders, heart valves, esophaguses–why do you doubt it can regrow hair follicles?

Nice try commanderfink.

Arent you the guy who claimed that hair from his back changes the appearance to a normal hair on the head (THIS WILL NEVER WORK)

Btw who pays you for trolling around?

Its always the same Postings

“Hi Guys iam a long time XXXXXXX BLA BLA BLA”
“BUT DUE TO SOME XXXXXXXX i dont think that we should keep our heads up”
“Dont get me wrong iam still hoping ( OF COURSE YOURE NOT YOU LIAR) iam wrong BUT XXXXXXX”

Its getting old really quick, you know what just shut your stupid pie hole.

Lets get PRP right, this bullsh*t was never meant to work

And do yourself a favor fink dont put your situation (i dont know what your problems are) on all uf us, only because you had some problems or so.

And btw BHT is not going to work. Yield is low, hair characteristics look nowhere near as normal hais as you might think

It’s obvious Hitzig is just a doctor, not a researcher, but to his credit he’s gotten the ball rolling by willing to experiment.

Cooley is much more like a scientist documenting things with very close up photos and microscopic biopsies.

And he’s provided biospy slides that show the autocloned hair regrowing like a regular follicle. Kinda hard to dispute it.

It’s trial and error right now, no one’s ever done this before and Acell as a company probably doesn’t know enough about hair follicles either, so of course there is going to be some hit and miss (like Cole).

It’s not as simple as just slapping some powder onto the scalp and getting hair, but clearly there is massive potential with this technique.

» From what I understand, Dr. Rassman and Dr. Bernstein are both very
» skeptical toward all new HM “discoveries” and yet, both seem to be somewhat
» positive about Acell. Also, Dr. Cooley has a great reputation in the
» field, so I personally believe that he wouldn’t want to risk ruining his
» reputation by making false claims about a product…that can be proven
» one way or another. I HOPE that I am right about this, but there are WAY
» to many unanswered questions about these findings to have very much
» confidence yet…we will see.

Rassman and Bernstein are both HT-Docs !!! This is exactly the reason that they`re talking very sceptical toward all new HM news and very euphoric about Acell!!!

Surgery is their business;-)

Commanderfink was one of a few forum members that actively got involved a couple years back in trying to get the doctors to try Acell. The fact that it took so long to hear anything positive made me skeptical also (and I’m still cautiously optimistic) about this product. Time will tell. Obviously, Commander had a bad experience with PRP and knows the disappointment of getting your hopes up, only to be let down…most of us know that disappointment…Commanderfink is entitled to his opinion and is entitled to be skeptical.

» Commanderfink was one of a few forum members that actively got involved a
» couple years back in trying to get the doctors to try Acell. The fact that
» it took so long to hear anything positive made me skeptical also (and I’m
» still cautiously optimistic) about this product. Time will tell.
» Obviously, Commander had a bad experience with PRP and knows the
» disappointment of getting your hopes up, only to be let down…most
» of us know that disappointment…Commanderfink is entitled to his
» opinion and is entitled to be skeptical. I I never claimed backhair changes characteristics. I don’t know where you guys that from. Many other doctors when they present there cures also show fancy biological images. When prp first came out the doctor also had images showing formation of cells and other things. I hope I’m. Wrong but I doubt. It. Where are the pictures of the regenerated and cloned other bodyparts. If you google acell you will also see many scientists and doctors claim acells ability is highly exagerated.

» Commanderfink was one of a few forum members that actively got involved a
» couple years back in trying to get the doctors to try Acell. The fact that
» it took so long to hear anything positive made me skeptical also (and I’m
» still cautiously optimistic) about this product. Time will tell.
» Obviously, Commander had a bad experience with PRP and knows the
» disappointment of getting your hopes up, only to be let down…most
» of us know that disappointment…Commanderfink is entitled to his
» opinion and is entitled to be skeptical.

Yes, basically that’s true …

On the other hand, I’m tired of educating over and over again the “blind & frustrated chickens” out there - seriousy.

Anyway - thanks for the warning Commanderfink. So I think we all should consider a nicely BHT by Dr. Woods …

http://www.hairsite.com/hair-loss/board_entry-id-75127-page-0-category-2-order-last_answer-descasc-DESC.html

… because “billions of years of evolution can not be improved upon by a man made chemical cocktale” … ( :wink: )

http://www.hairsite.com/hair-loss/board_entry-id-50070.html#p50726

On the other hand, I wonder WHY he used “man made chemical cocktales”??

» What about Cooley and Rassman? How do you feel about those docs trying it?
» Cooley seems to be investigating it at a microscopic level and discovering
» positive results.

How about investigating it more on a “macroscopic level”?

This is what I would do, to get to the bottom of the question, “What is the real benefit and potential of ACell?”

Find 10 volunteers who are at least Norwood 7s with large, slick-bald MPB areas.

Divide the bald areas into four quadrants.

In Quadrant I, do 100 grafts of normal HT or FUE with no Acell.

In Quadrant II, do 100 plucked scalp or beard hairs with no ACell.

In Quadrant III, do 100 grafts of normal HT or FUE, bathed in ACell and inject the scalp with ACell.

In Quadrant IV, do 100 plucked scalp or beard hairs bathed in ACell and inject the scalp with ACell.

Remember, the patients must have severe, NW7 male pattern baldness, with large, COMPLETELY BALD areas that have no visible terminal hairs whatsoever.

If a patient has terminal hair growing in the bald area, this will inevitably lead to confusing results, and photos that can be manipulated with lighting, photographic angles, etc.

To keep the experiment ultra-simple, reliable, trustworthy, and incontrovertible, the test patients MUST have large, completely bald areas.

Contact the docs with your ideas…the worst that they can do is say “no”!

N/T