Wounding ain\'t about sh-t

i think this ‘wounding’ stuff will really not help people like me who have thinning hair.

wounding means you have to hurt or even destroy tissue on the scalp and for it to even hope of producing a full head of hair, the scalp has to be wounded all over the balding area.

but what about all the peeps like me who aren’t bald and just have thinning hair?

if you wound the scalp where it’s thinning, doesn’t that mean you destroy good hair follicles?

isn’t that a bit like throwing the baby out with the bath water?

It’s a choice you’ll have to make: Sacrifice your thinning crop for a full one, OR keep what you have and keep complaining about hairloss for anothe decade. However, if the technology works, you can always wait for some other guy with thinning hair to be the guinea pig before you decide if the procedure is worth your while.

» i think this ‘wounding’ stuff will really not help people like me who have
» thinning hair.
»
» wounding means you have to hurt or even destroy tissue on the scalp and
» for it to even hope of producing a full head of hair, the scalp has to be
» wounded all over the balding area.
WHAT FOLLICA INTENDS TO DO IS SIMPLY DERMABRATE THINNING AREAS OR USE A CO2 LASER UPON THEM, ONLY THE EPILTHIAL LAYER OF SKIN WILL BE REMOVED, LEAVING THE SKIN “PINK AND SHINY”, THERE IS NO BLOOD.
»
» but what about all the peeps like me who aren’t bald and just have
» thinning hair?
»
» if you wound the scalp where it’s thinning, doesn’t that mean you destroy
» good hair follicles? HOW DEEP IN THE DERMIS DO YOU THINK A HAIR FOLLICE RESIDES? THEY ARE 2-4 CM DOWN THERE, WELL WELL WELL BELOW THE EPILTHIAL LAYER OF SKIN. HOWEVER, IF YOU’D LIKE TO GET RID OF HAIR FOLLICLES, THEY HAVE A METHOD FOR THAT IN THEIR PATENT. INSTEAD OF BLOCKIN EPIDERMAL GROWTH FACTOR, THEY WILL ADD IT. THEY WOULD ALSO DEPILATE THE HAIR A PRECISE TIME BEFOREHAND TO MAKE SURE ALL THE VELLUS HAIRS ARE AT THE VERY TOP OF THE DERMIS SO THEY COULD BE IN THE CORRECT PHASE WHEN THE WOUNDING WAS ENACTED TO DO SO> »
» isn’t that a bit like throwing the baby out with the bath water? A DERMATOLOGIST AND HAIR TRANSPLANT SURGEON TOLD ME “YOU CANNOT DERMABRATE AWAY A HAIR FOLLICLE”

ALL THAT BEING SAID_____________WE HAVE NO IDEA IF IT WILL ACTUALLY WORK IN HUMAN BEINGS. IT MAY NOT. As I have pointed out before, our vellus hairs apparently regrow as big or bigger than donor hair when moved to immuno-deficeint mice…so the human immune system may have say on whether we can generate hairs in this way or not. Plus, they may become sensitive to male hormone within a year or so afterwards even if they grew when made in the balding area…this is also not really known.

But I will tell you how to not know much of anything…Simply dont read the patent and post your drive-by impressions about it. Thats how to really not know.

Benji, I honestly have no idea how that works. New hair will grow just by taking away a layer of skin? What is the real mechanism in generating the new hairs? With Intercytex at least I know they try to multipliy hair cells and inject them back to our scalp to stimulate new hairs. I am clueless about Follica.

» Benji, I honestly have no idea how that works. New hair will grow just by
» taking away a layer of skin? What is the real mechanism in generating the
» new hairs? With Intercytex at least I know they try to multipliy hair
» cells and inject them back to our scalp to stimulate new hairs. I am
» clueless about Follica.

http://video.msn.com/video.aspx?mkt=en-US&brand=msnbc&vid=3b251041-8028-403d-a6fc-e749264afc01

You can watch the video and it will explain it.

Read that patent and it will be explained

» But I will tell you how to not know much of anything…Simply dont read
» the patent and post your drive-by impressions about it. Thats how to really
» not know.

Sorry for the off topic but… :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:
funniest thing I have read all day.

» » But I will tell you how to not know much of anything…Simply dont
» read
» » the patent and post your drive-by impressions about it. Thats how to
» really
» » not know.

»
» Sorry for the off topic but… :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:
» funniest thing I have read all day.

Well seriously… Benji’s stuff is really good, he’s always finding new research and exciting stuff (and a few disappointments as well) and I for one am much more informed thanks to him. Being a nice guy he also re-posts a lot of stuff when someone new comes along. Maybe a link to a Benji site or FAQ, or a social bookmarking setup. Or maybe Benji should stop posting altogether… shoot, with 6 months of no one bothering him he’d probly find a cure himself. Or maybe Hangin’ could do it… stop posting for a while and do research. Who knows, maybe we spend too much time talking about hair research when we could be doing our own. I don’t know if I could raise mice though. What was the topic again? Oh yeah… Benji can you explain how hair loss works again?

Ok I apologize. I don’t have time to come here everyday and read everything on the board. There are so many posts that I will probably have to quit my day job just to stay current with the news. How about the moderator put a quick summary where everyone can check for updates without having to read all the posts?

» Ok I apologize. I don’t have time to come here everyday and read everything
» on the board. There are so many posts that I will probably have to quit my
» day job just to stay current with the news. How about the moderator put a
» quick summary where everyone can check for updates without having to read
» all the posts?

We do have a summary. I will update that and put this at the top of the forum. Give me a little time to work on this.

About the “wounding” regrowth:

It’s worth noting that science has seen cases of woulded scalp skin regrow hair much better than it had been before.

It’s not common, and we’re not sure why it happens in some cases and not others. Of course it’s gonna be more complicated than that. And Follica’s method will certainly take man-made drugs to accomplish the job.

But I’m saying that the principle is there. The idea of your body healing a wound on (balded) scalp skin, and the final result starts growing much better hair than before the injury . . . it’s definitely rooted in reality. Mankind has seen it work enough times to believe it’s worth studying.

» Ok I apologize. I don’t have time to come here everyday and read everything
» on the board. There are so many posts that I will probably have to quit my
» day job just to stay current with the news. How about the moderator put a
» quick summary where everyone can check for updates without having to read
» all the posts?

Sorry, HMorHT, I didn’t mean to take a shot at you. Shoot, most of the time if I post something, someone else has posted it somewhere. Nothing wrong with asking questions. Also, there are probably things you’ve read which people on this forum are not aware of. So PLEASE share any info you find. Please, Hair Loss forums should not be cliques, and if it is, we wouldn’t find any answers here anyway.

» About the “wounding” regrowth:
»
» It’s worth noting that science has seen cases of woulded scalp skin regrow
» hair much better than it had been before.
»
»
» It’s not common, and we’re not sure why it happens in some cases and not
» others. Of course it’s gonna be more complicated than that. And
» Follica’s method will certainly take man-made drugs to accomplish the job.
»
»
» But I’m saying that the principle is there. The idea of your body healing
» a wound on (balded) scalp skin, and the final result starts growing much
» better hair than before the injury . . . it’s definitely rooted in
» reality. Mankind has seen it work enough times to believe it’s worth
» studying.

Seems like more info every day. If I had a time machine, I’d set the dial to “within five years”.